After Effects

ANNOUNCEMENT - This forum has been moved

In an effort to improve communications between you and the After Effects team, we are moving this feedback forum to the After Effects page on the Adobe Support Community. As requested, bugs and feature requests will be able to live separately in that forum.

This move is happening in part to acknowledge that we haven't been responsive enough here, and are combining our forums to help remedy that. All ideas and their attached comments from this UserVoice forum will be migrated based on how many voted for them. Check your profile on the Adobe Support Community to see any migrated posts that you've created or commented on. If you have an item here that did not make the migration, please bring it over to our new home.

See you soon on the Adobe Support Forum!
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. After Effects 15.1 update. Text clipped on top from older projects.

In the newest version of After Effects all of my old projects have most the tops of the text-bounding boxes for text I have clipped at the top, I can always hack a fix with line-height and adjusting position, but with projects that have a lot of animated text thin isn't really a viable solution.

This happens on mine as well as a co-worker's computer on various older projects.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. How about we start by getting the apps to run under High Sierra 10.13.4?

After running the latest MacOS update, literally none of my CC apps will open. What the heck Adobe? Earlier this week you announce you are discontinuing one of my favorite apps, and now this? I have projects due!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. AE 15.1 Bug "After Effect warning: Unable to open file..." if give focus to another program then return back to After Effects

AE 15.1 Bug "After Effect warning: Unable to open file..." if give focus to another program then return back to After Effects. This is on Windows 10. Happens with new and old projects every time focus is changed to another program then back to After Effects. It goes through every file in the project and says it can't open the file, but the project is working fine other than having to click OK to keep closing the warning dialogue.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. AE 15.1 Breaks Pro-Res Support

We just updated two of our Mac Pros to the latest AE 15.1 and it is having problems importing some of our media. These are 1080p pro-res 422 .mov files.

Error is: Source file has no importable streams. Please check that it is a valid video/audio file. (86 :: 1)

If we go back one version of AE the files open fine again, so there is something changing with this update that breaks support for our QT Pro-Res footage, as it is the only variable changing on the system. This issue also occurred when we tested it on an older…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. better way to work with masks in the viewer

Everytime I work with masks in the viewer I end up selecting/moving other layers and I have to reselect the mask which constantly throws me out of my flow. This is really frustrating.
    Please come up with a better way. Maybe add a switch to the viewer that locks everything from being selected other than the current active layer.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Premiere Audio Amplifying

Within Premiere one has the ability to amplify audio, normalize audio, normalize peaks and to set the audio volume. After Effects - sadly - has no comparable features. It would help out a lot though. Especially in times of video producing bots like Templater or CompsFromSpreadsheet.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. April 2018 After Effects loses PNG sequences

This is a bug report (although this web site makes it infuriatingly unclear if this is where bug reports go).

I am seeing behavior in the new version in which projects that contain PNG sequences seem to lose those sequences, giving a cant open dialog for every g..d... piece of media. I can cause the error by simply tabbing to another app and then back into AE. Note that projects open fine with all media and if you dismiss these multiple warning dialogs, everything works fine (of course for some projects, that can be hundreds of dialogs).The error seems to…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. improve dual xeon

after effects bad improvement on dual xeon machines

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. UI "Not Responding" after very short time or ANY mouse clicks.

The user interface times out in Windows and offers up a "Not Responding" very quickly. The timeout seems to have shortened considerably in CC2018.

There should be a way to run the message queue both from script and from plugins so that clicking on the AE windows doesn't immediately make them stop responding and so that progress can accurately be reported to the user.

I have written this script which highlights the problem. Playing around with various values for 'totalTime' and 'numIterations' really shows off the problem and I have something that seems to work ok as long as updates…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Fix After Effects download Window

When the creative cloud download window appeared for my after effects free trail, my mouse couldn't move. My wheel was glitching. I plugged and un-plugged my mouse USB. Had to shutdown my computer using the buttons on the keyboard. CTRL+Windows button has done nothing. Game crashed. Please fix and I will download After Effects.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Being able to control the transparency of a mask path.

When masking an image or footage, more often than not I can't see the edge I'm trying to mask. Having the ability to adjust the transparency of the mask from 0-100 would allow greater accuracy and efficiency when masking.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add color labels to two changed key frames

Generally speaking, one layer and one attribute will add multiple animations of value changes

However, it is difficult to locate the desired key frame position. The most important thing is that the layer label is not bound to the key frame position.
    Interactive method: select two key frames with changing values, add "key frame label", in the time window, a line will appear between the selected key frames, and the color of the line can be defined!

If it conflicts with the color animation, it is recommended to add a color line, just to distinguish the color key frames.
    I…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Guides need improvement

The guides at the moment are horrible (granted I don't use them much for most of my work but on the job I have at the moment they are proving quite critical for making accurate masks on shape layers. The three pixel width lines are truly horrible and just make them look like a blurred line. Please just revert back to standard 1 pixel width lines - that is fairly essential for accurately placing them against objects on a visual. Or, if that is an problem for retina screens (which I'm thinking may be the reason they are like they…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Photoshop Filters and Adjusmentlayers in After Effects and vice versa

I think it might be obvious and it is long overdue. Some things that Photoshop does are still not available in After Effects.
    And some things that After Effects does are not available in Photoshop, escpecially in 32bit. For example gradient map and colorama could be merged and unified.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Feather Trim Paths

Adding a "feather" option to the trim path effect. It seems like there is no simple way to achieve this effect that a lot of people are struggling to create.

Having the option to animate lines with a feathered trail would be a tremendous asset to everyone, instead of having to resort to complicated workarounds.

Thank you.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. solicitud de funcion a CUDA O GPU para no tener problemas con trazado de rayo

solicitud de funcion a CUDA O GPU para no tener problemas con trazado de rayo

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. older (CC2018 and earlier) .aep projectfiles causes crash in CC2019 software

Projects that I created in AE CC2018 or earlier (and till then worked fine) can be opened in AE CC2019 and will be converted. I can save without issues. But when I close the project (close, opening another project, or quit AE), then After Effects crashes with "Cannot allocate 0,000 MB of memory (29::3)" errors. Importing older projects in a new empty CC2019 AE project won't help. On top of that; opening such converted project in Audition CC2019 with Dynamic link causes Audition to crash. There seems some kind of incompatibilaty in AE with older projects that causes crashes.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Auto Ducking

Please add an Auto Ducking feature for audio in After Effects! It’s not ****, but it would be soooo useful.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 208 209 210 212 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base