After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I want Japanese and English expressions to be the same

I want Japanese and English expressions to be the same

Internally want to make sure that the effect names and shape layer names do not match in the Japanese and English versions of AE

When trying to open aep across languages, an expression error appears and it is difficult to use

An example
    en = sulder control jp = スライダー制御

日本語と英語のエクスプレッションを内部的に同じ扱いにして欲しい。言語を跨いだワークフローだとエクスプレッションエラーを発生してしまうため。

35 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. camera raw seq import issue

we use came raw regularly for our cg renders by applying camera raw effect on while importing but it becomes very painful as most of the time there are few glitch frame or missing frames and when those frames are fixed and re-rendered and put into seq folder camera raw effect don't get applied on that automatically
    it would be great to get full control after importing seq so this issue will be solved also we wish to animate some paramiters as well

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Motion Graphics Template export fails and destroys current project

Exporting a motion graphics template sometimes fails with a missing files error (this is bug 1). This basically cancels the export, but has an even worse side effect (bug 2):
    As I understand mogrt files are aftereffects projects collected and compressed into a zip file. The zip file only contains the assets that are needed for the composition exported as a mogrt. I'll call this project the "partial project", since it contains only a fraction of the original.
    To achieve this, while exporting, after effects silently closes the current project in the background and opens this small partial project in…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Rotate Tool Broken after updated to v17.1.3

I updated to version 17.1.3 a few days ago. After I updated the rotate tool stopped working as expected. When I try to rotate an object a few degrees it spins the object around a crazy amount (ie rotate value 1500x+258.1degrees). I have closed after effects and relaunched several times.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Global Color creation in After effects

The ability create a global color and assign it to different items in your comp so you can make color revisions fast. On creation would automatically generate a chip in the color pallets, it would have a special marker to say it's live in the preview.

27 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Exporting in AE Needs to Have Way Better GPU Acceleration

Exporting in After Effects or In Media Encoder (From AE) Needs to Have Way Better GPU Acceleration like in the Premiere Update (when using H.254, HEVEC H.265 or Mov) that uses up to %100 percent of the GPU

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Bug Report: AE CC 2020 Premultiplied Alphachannel from ProRes 4444 will result in black outlines

When using ProRes 444+ with premultiplied Alpha in AE2020 (17.x) on MacOS 10.14. and 10.15. the key will have black outlines. Bug wont occur in AE2019 (16.x) or with AE2020 on MacOS 10.13. Please fix this issue.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Queue in AME needs to know you've queued to AME!

Ok, so here's the thing. I have occasion to produce differing versions of graphics on a weekly basis for a regular client. These are all produced in in AE and need outputting as MP4, so my workflow is to make the changes, select the 3 comps that need rendering, add to the render queue then hit Queue in AME. So far, so good. EXCEPT that if I haven't already loaded up AME there's no real signal that you actually DID queue them until AME loads up (you know, 40 years later). More than once, I have to think "did I…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Prores 4444

All imported Prores 4444 files are interpreted as 8-bit (Millions).

A gradient ramp, exported as Prores 4444, rendered at Trillions, will read correctly in Premiere, Flame, Nuke etc. But the same file in After Effects is shown as "Millions of Colors" and shows banding.

ProreHQ files do not have this issue.

After Effects 17.1.4 (build 37)
    macOS Mojave 10.14.6
    iMac 2017 i7

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Preview Playback still is broken

I have the latest version of AE 2020 (17.0.6) and I still have problems with playback which none were present in 2019. I push spacebar (or from the preview menu itself) to preview, it starts but then it wont´t stop, I have to force quit the program, this only happens with the Windows version, in MacOS it works fine, I just had to move my entire project to MacOS because otherwise I could not work. PLEASE fix this, after many updates of 2020 this bug/issue persists!
    That's what happens when it plays the preview, sometimes it just won´t play no…

14 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow overscroll in the timeline panel

Currently the timeline panel stops vertically scrolling when the lowest layer reaches the bottom of the panel.

I'd like to suggest adding an option / preference to allow 'overscroll' in the timeline panel so that the lowest layer can be viewed above the bottom of the panel.

The primary reason for the request is that it gets a bit fiddly working on the lowest layers, and having the extra working space would make it more comfortable to interact with them.

In practice this could be very similar to the 'overscroll' option in Photoshop preferences (Preferences > Tools > Overscroll).

A…

79 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Can we have a tag next to effects to rate how much processing power the effect will use?

There isn't a clear or intuitive way to figure out how taxing specific effects may be (lens blurs are a big surprise for all my younger editors). As well as what components certain effects stress out the most. When working on larger projects the heavier effects might go unnoticed but as the composition gets more complex it quickly stacks and slows down significantly, and by then it's too late to rework your comp without such effects.

I have a couple suggestions to alleviate this problem:

1. In the effects and presets window, have icons and a rating system for each effects…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. After Effects is still using very old UI font for Chinese

The Chinese font for After Effects is still using SimSun which was used by Windows XP and earlier system

Such old fonts are out of place in a modern user interface

Microsoft has been using a new smooth font called "Microsoft YaHei UI" for Simplified Chinese since Windows Vista

Audition has changed the font to Microsoft YaHei since CC 2019

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Magenta Color Shift when exporting ProRes4444 with AE2020 on Windows

In AE2020 Exporting a clip as ProRes4444 Millions of Colors on Windows results in an Output with a color shift towards Magenta. This can only be resolved by changing the codec to Trillions of colors.

Also when Using ProRes 4444 XQ with the same color settings the color shift gets an additions Gamma shift problem.

On AE 2019 this issue was not there. Also on Mac this issue can not be seen.

We tested it on multiple Windows machines and on all of them the problem appears with AE 2020 v.17.1.4

Please fix this problem

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Composition = Folder

It would be great if I could expand a composition on the timeline like you can do it with folder in photoshop.

This way I could view all layers and keyframes directly from a parent comp without having to switch between comps.

Adobe, please add that feature! It would be a huuuuge time saver and workflow optimization.

16 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. BATCH EXPORT for Essential Graphics/MoGrts with a checkbox-list or something similar

I am working on converting thousands of MoGrts/Essential Graphics -Templates for a big TV-Station to CC20 and it is a pain in the but to export every Essential Graphic-Template with 3-4 clicks and a lot of waiting time for saving the project for every single template. It should be easy to add a checkbox-list were you can choose if you like to export all or some of the templates and than start a kind of batch export that export all checked items... At the moment the export is really trash... you even need to save the project every single time!!!!…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. On this current version (17.1.4(build 37)), if you don't clear your cache between renders, it will cook the previous version.

It's left me in an awkward spot with clients a couple time. Fortunately for me, I just talked to them and they're experiencing the same issue

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Pick Whip all parameters of an Effect in one go

There are a lot of occasions where the same effect is applied to several layers.
    Wouldn't it be great if all parameters of these effect instances could be linked together in one Pick Whip?
    Please add a Pick Whip symbol to the Root / name of the effect that, when used, connects all the effects' settings.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base