After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. More intelligent pasting of instances of Effects

If I copy an effect and paste it to a layer which already has an instance of that effect, instead of resulting in two instances of the effect, my values are pasted into the pre-existing instance.

I get that this can sometimes be a time-saver but I think there are more times when it’s annoying and I think it’s counter-intuitive for newer users.

The behaviour could be that values are pasted if I selected specific properties within the effect when I clicked Copy. That would follow my intention and other behaviours within AE.

Or

The behaviour could be that values…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. More love for 360/VR in After Effects

since 2018, Ae has not been updated in relation to VR/360 workflows. Ae has limited VR effects and the VR Comp Editor workflow which is also very limited and delicate script and expression heavy process.

Ae should have a spherical camera, mono and stereo. this would obsolete the stiching workflow of VR Comp Editor and it's limitations. 3d plugins like trapcode or stardust are very breakable, also all the 2d effects won't work properly without the use of 3rd party tools and even then it's very limited.

these new technologies should not be left behind, there are great things motion…

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. AE 2021 preserve RGB interpret footage issue

I see this has been reported before but still not fixed.

AE 2021 is changing the footage interpretation on quicktime files(could also be all files). I have preserve RGB box checked on a quicktime file in AE 2020. I open the same AE file in AE 2021 and the box is now unchecked.

I tested this on multiple quciktime files and the issue persists. This is a big issue as the AE project files will be used by multiple artists and the look is changing dramatically when that box is unchecked.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Please fix the Rotobrush 2.0 tool for Mac m1 silicon users.

Please fix the Rotobrush 2.0 tool for Mac m1 silicon users.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. No more ugly splash screens please.

Whe we launch After Effects, it could be great if the splash screen would be:

• Beautiful
    • Inspiring
    • In relation with After Effects, somehow.

We're not just users, we're also artists, and our environment is very important to our creativity, we're always looking for new stuff, for inspiration.

46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. multi frame rendering - number of threads

In MFR preferences let us set how many threads/cores MFR uses. I've found that on a 24core machine reducing affinity to just half the cores, makes the render ryn just as fast but with half resources - would be nice to be able to set how much cores MFR is able to use - you know, to leave some for other operations - right now MFR takes up 100% of all cores, and like I said, part of that performance is wasted anyway.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. After Effects (and Media Encoder) RAM not freed after project closed (specially with javascript expression engine)

UPDATE : This problem seems to happen mainly with the javascript expression engine (and not the legacy extendscript expression engine)

Hi everyone,

We've noticed a weird RAM behavior in After Effects 2020 (17.5.1 - Build 47) and Media Encoder (14.0.1 - Build 70). When closing and opening a project multiple times, After Effects’ RAM usage is continuously growing especially when the project contains expressions (even the simplest one). Closing the project and purging memory (and Disk Cache) do not reduce the RAM usage! The only way to make the RAM usage drop seem to be closing After Effects! The same…

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Preview is stuck in a loop and is unresponsive

RAM Preview becomes unresponsive to clicks, spacebar, Num0, ESC, etc. Playback continues on loop and the only way I've found to regain control is to minimize/maximize AE or close the application.

Build 17.0.4 Build 59

156 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

87 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Source Text expressions crashes in Arabic

When I use expressions for a Arabic Text on Source Text, It works in the beginning but after a few second AE crashes.

If you want to see the crash, move the time indicator several times, or duplicate the layer several times.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. keyframes valuechange

please indicate if there is a valuechange between keyframes.

If there is no value change, use a dashed line.
    If there is a change, use a solid line.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Bug: Mercury Transmit causes freeze when Comp settings change

Using After Effects 18.2.1 (2021), when Mercury Transmit is active, switching to a Composition that has different settings than the current one will cause the program to freeze.

I've tested Comps with different resolutions and frame rates and both changes cause the program to freeze.

I will try to describe a couple example scenarios below:

1) With Mercury Transmit active, if I have a 1920x1080 comp and I switch to a comp that has a 4K resolution, I get a spinning wheel (the program freezes) and my only option is to force quit.
    Here is a video of this specific…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. keeping plugins and scripts working when new version come out.

You provide new versions too often. It's not comfortable to re install all plugins each time.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Opt-out of the installation of Cinema 4D R21 when installing After Effects

Add a checkbox or something to allow users to opt-out of the installation of Cinema 4D R21 when installing After Effects.

I already have a valid perpetual license for Cinema 4D R19 Studio. R21 is pointless as it only allows me to use a trial license or purchase a license. The application is useless for those who already own a commercial license.

To make matters worse, I must uninstall it every time there is an update for After Effects. Quite frankly, I consider it bloatware. It useless and it wastes space on my hard drive.

I understand that there are…

92 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

33 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Output Folder render token

The render token for automated naming of the output file are great. Please add "Output Folder" as an option.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Upgrade Roughen Edges effect.

More in-depth, customizable roughen edges effect. Ability to apply effect to shape layers to get edges like Photoshop brushes. Maybe even use the stamp of a Photoshop brush to determine the texture and variation of the edge. Edge example from Photoshop attached.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Changeable UI font size

To be able to change the UI font size.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Revert the icons to the multi-colored versions!

This is an Adobe CC wide issue but AE is where I notice it the most.

Please revert the icons to the multi-colored versions! It makes no sense to make them the same color when the "themes" break down beyond video and photo use. I used the colors to quickly locate the software I needed to open, now I have a taskbar full of purple and have to squint to tell which letters I am clicking on.

It seems like a very poor design choice that was likely made by the boardroom, not the creative team, and I beg you…

87 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Flip Flop After Effects!

Please change the effects “Flip” and “Flop” to Horizontal Flip and Vertical Flip! It seems very unnecessary and strange that they are called that and should match Premiere/the rest of the industry! PLEASE!

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base