After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Dynamic Link seems to break projects

It's the second time I can't open a project all of a sudden, I have to take back a Backup. The first one in Premiere using an AE comp, the second in AE using Premiere sequence. Trying to open the project makes AE crash and in Pr it just stays "Media Pending". Reinstalling doesn't help. I'm wasting so much time I can't even know why !

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. MacBook Pro with touch bar: I only need a slider for the selected property avoiding to go in the effort panel and drag slider/rotate knob.

MacBook Pro with touch bar: I only need a slider for the selected property avoiding to go in the effects panel and drag slider/rotate knobs.
    100% CUSTOMERS SATISFATION!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Keylight is crashing After Effects 2015 through 2018 on the PC.

Keylight constant crashes on the PC, versions 2015 through 2018. Fine on the Mac. Needs to be fixed or there is no point in using After Effects as a compositor!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. AE Keylight

AE CC2018 Keylight crashes constantly in 4k footage, I tried it with 5 different computers and it's the same all the time.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Create a keyboard shortcut for the transparency grid's switch (at the bottom of the composition viewer).

Unless there's an underlying programming issue, this seems like an easy lay up.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Indent First Line

it would be great to be able to script or animate paragraph settings, like indentations.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. After Effect Flash integration

Hi, Please Please add functionality to export xfl from after effect to flashCC or maybe a new feature which integrates the two program better.

PS: I am in a company where size of the animation file is huge issue. most people use flash and i use after Effect, i suspect i might get fired soon.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. After Effects error: there was an error processing the pdf

How do I solve this after effects error: there was an error processing the pdf

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Libraries panel causes repeated script errors

The opening of the libraries panel causes repeated "Unable to execute script at line 1, File or folder does not exist" errors. This recurrs when opening any document where the libraries panel was open.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Legacy Puppet causing consistent hard crash

CC2018 (15.1.0-build166)
    Ive been able to recreate this error consistently on MacOS 10.12.6:
    1. apply a puppet mesh to a comp
    2. Switch to Legacy Puppet
    3. Adjust to desired mesh density
    4. Duplicate the comp layer
    5. further interaction with these layers results in hard crash

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Fuse Integration

Used Fuse and Photoshop to create 3D characters but it would be phenomenal if these characters could be imported into After Effects and where the AE lights, cameras, and the C4D renderer could be used to composite a scene. Please consider integrating Fuse and After Effects.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Bug Report: AE Freezes after importing a folder as an image sequence that's missing images

If I try to drag and drop a folder full of images that have the same name but different numbers at the end AE will give me the error: After Effects warning: "-.jpg" is missing *** frames (-)." and freeze.

This happens a lot since I usually work with Getty images where the names are: GettyImages-97353563.jpg, GettyImages-31104384.jpg, etc...

If I hold ALT when dragging the folder in it imports the folder fine without freezing (as a folder full of images). If I change the names of all the images so they're not the same it'll import…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Python support - EOL extendscript

It's time to move off that old 1995 extendscript and get with Python! I know this is a big one, but we could REALLY use python support for AE. Commandline rendering is incredibly limited and python would be a total game changer for plenty of studios out there. And if Adobe had the idea that their users are not advanced for something like that just look at all of the new stuff constantly appearing on aescripts.com. You have plenty of nerdy developers!

Nuf said.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Could Ae have it's own exponential glow?

So you don't have to recreate it each time buy duplicating and connecting controls, should be easy to machine learn it - on how people tend to use such effects and implement clever controls (look at how plugin Saber from video copilot deals with glow - that's terrific!)

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. We need a native VR Player or a list of appropriate plugins that will work with Mettle Skybox and Oculus Rift

We need a native VR Player or a list of appropriate plugins that will work with Mettle Skybox and Oculus Rift

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Collect files also collects the fonts used in the project

When collecting the files of a project, also collect the file for the fonts used in the compositions in case the project needs to be transferred to a different computer etc.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 32 bpc FX (ALL OF THEM)

You could update all the effects to make a precise compatibility between them and 32 bpc footage and compositions.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Problem with AE CC 2018 and Motionland Big pack of Elements

I am having a problem with After Effects CC 2018, and I'm wondering if anyone can help?

I am having trouble using the Motionland Big Pack of Elements - a collection of icons, titles etc for after effects. Some of the elements of the pack work fine, but with some titles and icons I am finding that the composition will not play, and I get the following error message:

"After Effects error: TDL: outline contains triangles that are too small to be rendered. Check for very thin triangles in original artwork. (88 :: 3)"

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Team Projects: Enable Export as Motion Graphics Template (mogrt)

In a Team Project, enable the option to export a composition as a Motion Graphics Template (mogrt) - this is currently disabled in Team Projects.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Vector Brush

Please add a brush that you can use to draw vector shapes like you would in Illustrator or Flash. The pen tool is right there already. Thank you.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base