After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. After Effects 15.1 bug: File "(filename).aif" cannot be opened, it may be in an unsupported format. ( 86 :: 1 )

Please also see https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2476842, as this was previously submitted in the community forum.

Expected Result: Users should be able to use AIFF files in After Effects. It is an industry standard file format.

Experienced Issue: The current version of After Effects will not allow them to be used. After updating to 15.10, After Effects stopped recognizing .aif files.

Error message when opening any project with .aif files in them: After Effects error: File "(filename).aif" cannot be opened, it may be in an unsupported format. ( 86 :: 1 )

-This happens on multiple machines tested.
    -Uninstall/reinstall does not resolve. …

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please give ability for AE to read EXR written by Houdini !!

Please give ability for AE to read EXR written by Houdini !!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Is it possible to rotate the anchor point ? Will be very useful in 3D space.

Is it possible to rotate the anchor point ? Will be very useful in 3D space.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. h264 Issue

I had a major issue opening up an older project today. I went through multiple reinstalls, Adobe CC Cleaner tool, a round with Adobe support because my apps were suddenly not working even after installing (that's another long story) etc. without any remedy before coming to this resolution. A full 5 hours spent on this issue.

At first, I thought it might be Premiere linked comps so I copied the AE project over to my desktop and unmounted the original drive to force a disconnect between the project and any source files. I then opened the AE project without any…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. After Effects error: internal verification failure, sorry! {itemH cannot NULL} ( 5027 :: 82 )

after effects error: internal verification failure, sorry! {itemH cannot NULL} ( 5027 :: 82 )

This is coming up every single time I try to change the 'Particle Type' to a 'Textured Polygon' when using Trapcode Particular.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. change color of shape paths

can't see the path while working on blue shapes

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. хочу написать жалобу!

Компания , Adobe!
    У меня уже год не работает программа , хотя за неё заплачено за год
    вперёд! Adobe After Effects ! Я к Вам уже не первый раз и не первый год обращаюсь ! Раз Вы не понимаете , то верните мне деньги в полном объёме за год! Мало того я во Всех социальных сетях напишу чтобы Все знали как работает Ваша компания!!!!
    У нас сегодня Праздник -День России! Вы даже не дали мне закончить работу !!!
    Ольга Пичугина!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Having Titles Made In Premiere Pro Work In After Effects

When creating an After Effects composition from a sequence with Titles from Premiere Pro, the Titles should work in AE,not appear as a solid.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Escape button in keyboard shortcuts editor

Currently (in Ae version 15.1.0) it is impossible to assign a hotkey combination that contains Esc button.
    There is no Escape key in left upper corner in displayed keyboard model, so you cannot drag some action to button (or button to some action).
    When you try to create a new key binding and press Esc, then this Keyboard Shortcuts window will just close.

This bug has an easy workaround: Press "ctrl + alt + ;" to open settings, then press Reveal Preferences in Explorer, then go to aeks folder and edit Custom.txt manually.

To solve this bug Adobe can add…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. AE and AN should have smooth zoom on stage (Ctrl+Spacebar+Mouseclic) like PS and AI. That is a basic but powerfull thing.

AE and AN should have smooth zoom on stage (Ctrl+Spacebar+Mouseclic) like PS and AI. That is a basic but powerfull thing.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Send a job to Media Encoder from the Render Queue.

I find myself sending jobs to render queue and starting the render and then realizing that I have to make changes on it, so to make the changes I need to stop the render which is not convenient, if there was an option to continue the render on media encoder like ''RightClick on the job rendering - Continue on Media Encoder'' that would be really useful.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow user to change the default mode when creating a mask. (e.g. add, subtract, none)

When I create a mask in After Effects the mask's mode is automatically set to "add". I generally want my masks set to "none" while I am working as I am doing rotoscoping. It would be great if I could choose what the default mode is for newly created masks.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Bug - Master Properties and toComp() expression

Most expressions linked to a Master Property work properly when the MP is changed across different instances, but a few expression methods like toComp() and fromComp() always act as if the layer being referenced has its original transform data, even if those properties are being changed instance-wise by the Master Properties.

For instance, if in "Comp 1" I put a Beam effect, using the positions of two 3D layers as the endpoints using toComp(), and control the positions of said layers via MP's in "Comp 2" (or control the "Comp 1"s camera position, etc.), the Beam endpoints just stay in…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Support for 180° Stereoscopic viewing in Adobe Immersive Environment

Adobe Immersive Environment only supports 360° for Monoscopic and the two Stereoscopic modes of viewing currently. As someone who works with a lot of stereo 180° video, this is disappointing.

I have to convert to 360° over under to view my footage, and doing this in the software slows things down quite a bit.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. VR Comp Editor has a bug in Windows but not in Mac version

VR comp editor on Windows does not work in terms of Apply AE 3D CameraTracker. Please fix this.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Wrap Stabilizer BUG

The Wrap Stabilizer function is not reliable at all. Sometimes it works, but most of the time it displays the message "Unable to acquire rendered frame"
    I have tried different clips, and it crashes on all of them. I'm not the only one who encountered this problem, which doesn't seem to have a solution. PLEASE HELP!!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. RenderQueue.render interacts poorly with undo.

I understand that it doesn't make a lot of sense to undo rendering but I maintain a suite of scripts (written by others) which do a lot of complicated project manipulation along with rendering here and there.

The scripts stopped working in CC2017; app.project.renderQueue.render() wouldn't do anything. No errors, it would just immediately return without running the render. app.onError would catch a couple of lines suggesting a render was started but only for the first item in the RQ.

During the course of ripping everything apart and putting it back together again I started getting these "undo group mismatch, attempting…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. no black screen

So there's this problem (i don't know if it's occurring to anyone else) where i open after effects, make a new comp or open a project and the viewing box doesn't show anything, no footage or even a black background, it's just grey, playback and caching my videos is fine, i can hear the audio and the time indicator in the timeline is moving but nothing is showing, i've reinstalled, restarted and cleared my caches, any help on this? I use adobe cc18, 16gb of RAM, and have a Radeon(TM) RX 480 graphics card

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base