After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Save to older versions without having to have the older versions

There's not reason we should only be able to save an AE project to one version lower than the one we created the project in. Please implement a way to save to lower versions, down to CS6, without having to have every version in between installed on your computer.

Some of us make templates, or need to send projects to clients that don't have the most recent version. I don't want to fill up my hard drive and waste time opening and saving in every version possible, when it should be inherent in the most current version of After Effects.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. CC Vignette bug

I''ll often add the CC Vignette effect to an imported .AI layer to help it blend into the scene. It's very helpful in not adding additional clutter to compositions, but it increasingly makes scenes go crazy. Different zoom levels will exacerbate the bug, and saving and reopening with the effect applied seems to make it worse.

Some of the symptoms include weird screen tearing, little dots all over the comp, and the layer will "flicker" on and off as well as affecting the alpha channels on other layers.

I've attached a quick sample. This mostly shows everything but the tearing.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Adopt DPI scaling feature like that of Photoshop, Illustrator

I have a 27" 4K monitor (150%) next to a 27" 1080p monitor (100%). Right now, both Photoshop and Illustrator look fantastic no matter what display they're on, their scaling changes appropriately. However, After Effects, Premiere, Bridge, and Audition (the other apps I use) look blurry on the 1080p display. I was hoping that by upgrading from CS6 to CC 2018, these issues would have been resolved, but unfortunately we're only partway there.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Request to change bit-depth nomenclature in the Output Module.

"Millions of Colors+" is so 90's. It's now 2018 and people understand bit-depths much better. It's time to use more professional terms like "16-bit", "32-bit float" and so on.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Compression Slider for Open EXR in After Effects like in AME

We using RED Files all the time. Also we had a powerfull renderfarm to render things with After Effects. Later we add these again to a Premiere Pro comp. So we need a file format that is able to store a lot of data with high bitdepth as a image sequence and is readable by premiere. So open exr is the best format for us. Sadly there is no compression slider in After Effects like you can find it in Adobe Media Encoder. It would be great to add a compression to these files too so we can render it…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Master Properties - bugs and issues

Master Properties are really amazing - thanks for adding this feature. However, there are currently some bugs and drawbacks.

• On v15.1.1 (Mac), when re-naming the properties, rapidly hitting delete has crashed AE several times. I need to slowly delete if I've made an error
    • They are not recognized when network rendering via the Render Engine. Every property goes back to the default setting
    • You can't copy/paste any keyframes, even though they are just simple number values.
    3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. bring back DXV and HAP!

if you they are not bought back soon , il be forced to cancel my subscription and revert back to cs6

this is a massive ***** up by you guys and you have added on huge amounts of time on to the creative studios workflows for those who cater to the live events industry because of this.

Very Unhappy

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Include all Shape Layer contents to Flowchart

Twirl twirl twirl... Navigating all the components that can potentially live in a single shape layer is excruciating. Add all Shape Layer contents to the flowchart so we can get a bird's eye view of what's what and easily select components from there.

Mock up: https://twitter.com/demafleez/status/721068185374490624

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Better organisation in program of essential graphics

Essential Graphics templates can take a lot of trial and error to get right. Why is it to difficult to delete a graphic when I want to export a new copy? When using essential graphics panel I can't delete templates, and I have no way to save and update a new copy.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. complex compositions significantly slow the comp/timeline panel responsiveness down, especially on Windows

As recorded here:
    https://youtu.be/WH9BVhcAXgo

..when working with even semi-complex compositions with many layers, the composition panel becomes quite sluggish and slow to respond. Curiously, this is especially bad on Windows even if you throw very high end hardware at it. OSX does get slower in the same type of projects, but isn't nearly as bad. Experienced on multiple machines, over multiple versions of Windows, this is something that's been an issue for years, if not has always been there.

No system resources are being maxed out here. It would go a long ways for UX if you could at least…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Switch to ignore DOF on 3D layer

I suggest to make a switch on 3D layers, so DOF do not apply to this layer.
    Just like the "do not accept light / shadows" settings.

This can be used if you enable DOF in a comp, but have a layer that needs to be sharp all the time anyway.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. BUG REPORT: Random Single Black Frame in Video

BUG REPORT: I have noticed this with a number of various videos I've worked on in the past couple months over a variety of Adobe AE versions. (Currently 15.1.0).

I will be playing back a comp I've been working on and notice that a random frame in the middle of the source video is 100% black. This is only viewable in AE. When viewing the original source video in Quicktime or VLC, it does not show the black frame. If I view the composition in AE it will show the black fame and even when I view the source video…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Shortcut: trim layer to work area time / set in and out time of layer to in and out time of work area.

I spend so much time using the bracket keys to trim layers and most of the time I'm trimming to the work area boundaries. There should be a shortcut that does this automatically. When you duplicate a layer from another time or drop a new layer in a comp, just press a shortcut key to trim it to the work area. Simple but will save so much time manually trimming layers to the work area.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Give access to Windows key for shortcuts

The ability to map available commands with the visual keyboard shortcuts menu is amazing! (Thank you.) A lot of the key combinations are already taken though. On Mac I kind of get a whole set of extra shortcuts because the control key is not mapped to anything and Ae accepts the Mac control key as a modifier. I would love to set up the corresponding shortcuts with the Windows key in Windows, however Ae is not recognizing/accepting it as a modifier. Would you please enable this? I know the Windows key is used for Windows OS shortcuts, but if there's…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Roto Brush rendering is pretty bad,

BUG: keeps rendering after effects unresponsive & or displays grey screen.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Layer Styles

It would be great to have the same Layer Style options like in Photoshop. I mean, if I have created a Stroke with a gradient in Photoshop, I would like to edit that gradient in After Effects to create some animation fx. And more important, when I make a PSD test layer editable in After Effects, I loose some times the layer style fx in After Effects.

Thaks

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Raw Sequence Import of multiple images for Timelapse

Raw Sequence Import of multiple images for Timelapse without being prompted to color correct each image. Timelapse requires 100s to thousands of individual raw photos to be imported. There's more flexibilty in the Raw color correction (that is what users should prefer to use). There should be a way to correct one Raw image and apply to all incoming images without them opening up one by one.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. [bug] Workspace changes into undesirable position when relaunching/reloading AE

Best shown here: https://imgur.com/a/FgmItNi
    The only solution I've found was to double click the custom workspace name on the top right. Still, it relaunches

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Show Peak Audio Value in Audio Panel

Like other apps, show a bar indicating the peak audio level during playback. Just a bar indicating where the highest volume point was. Bonus points if this can also be displayed as a numerical value.

Requesting because delivery specifications of a comp can vary from medium to medium and I'd like to be able to adjust the volume within AE rather than exporting separate audio tracks at multiple volume levels from another app.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base