After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Save changes to this workspace

Please change order of the "Reset to Saved Layout", "Save Changes to this workspace" and "Save as new workspace"

or

Add an "Are you sure you want to change the workspace? Yes - No"

I click 4 to 5 times a week the wrong button (save changes) and save my workspace with wrong positions and windows.

Very very very frustrating.

Thank you.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Hej adobe, hvorfor kan man ikke se hvor langt adobe after effects, er med processen med den der kaldes: TRACKING VIDEO proces nr 2

Hej adobe, hvorfor kan man ikke se hvor langt adobe after effects,
    er med processen med den der kaldes:
    TRACKING VIDEO proces nr 2 som hedder ( solving camera ) og er det noget i kan fixe overhovedet. Syndes det er meget irriterende at sidde og vente på en proces som man ikke kan følge med i. På forhånd tak, Hilsen Torben Andreasen.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. BUG: Crash on Autosave

Please fix this. Error message below:

Last log message was: <140735864005504> <BEE_WorkQueue> <5> BEE_Project::TimestampGetNext ZANZIBAR-3: cannot produce timestamp, frozen=0, open=0

Generating crash log, which may take a few minutes.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Status indicator for Add to Media Encoder Queue action

Put a non-blocking spinner or progress bar in the UI while After Effects is launching Media Encoder and creating a render item -- similar to how Lightroom Classic has a progress bar to let you know it's still working on importing photos in the background even though you can't see anything happening.

Right now, if you send a big project to Media Encoder, it can be a minute or two before it shows up in the queue... so it would be great to have visual confirmation that After Effects is still working on sending it over.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. AE Render Engine: JSON alert stops watch folder queue

The JSON alert "The structure of the data file has changed" also pops up when After Effects is running as render engine in watch folder mode. The alert dialog stops the rendering process and therefore the render queue.

Please remove the JSON alert or mute it.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Selectable camera output from comp

In comps with multiple cameras, add the possibility to select what camera is rendered when using that comp inside another comp.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Please fix broken redo history.

After Effect's redo history stops working and quite regular. It seems to happen in such an arbitrary way that I can't even point out the cause but in the project I'm working in right now, if I undo 2 or 3 times in a row and make no changes at all, redo is greyed out and doesn't work. It's as if undo is clearing the redo history.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. UI Fontsize scalable

I'm getting older, Screens get higher relosutions, font size in AE stays the same. Very tiny.
    That's not good.
    Please add the feature to scale the font-size. In the best case for every window seperately.

cheers
    Sebastian

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Save to older versions without having to have the older versions

There's not reason we should only be able to save an AE project to one version lower than the one we created the project in. Please implement a way to save to lower versions, down to CS6, without having to have every version in between installed on your computer.

Some of us make templates, or need to send projects to clients that don't have the most recent version. I don't want to fill up my hard drive and waste time opening and saving in every version possible, when it should be inherent in the most current version of After Effects.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. CC Vignette bug

I''ll often add the CC Vignette effect to an imported .AI layer to help it blend into the scene. It's very helpful in not adding additional clutter to compositions, but it increasingly makes scenes go crazy. Different zoom levels will exacerbate the bug, and saving and reopening with the effect applied seems to make it worse.

Some of the symptoms include weird screen tearing, little dots all over the comp, and the layer will "flicker" on and off as well as affecting the alpha channels on other layers.

I've attached a quick sample. This mostly shows everything but the tearing.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Adopt DPI scaling feature like that of Photoshop, Illustrator

I have a 27" 4K monitor (150%) next to a 27" 1080p monitor (100%). Right now, both Photoshop and Illustrator look fantastic no matter what display they're on, their scaling changes appropriately. However, After Effects, Premiere, Bridge, and Audition (the other apps I use) look blurry on the 1080p display. I was hoping that by upgrading from CS6 to CC 2018, these issues would have been resolved, but unfortunately we're only partway there.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Request to change bit-depth nomenclature in the Output Module.

"Millions of Colors+" is so 90's. It's now 2018 and people understand bit-depths much better. It's time to use more professional terms like "16-bit", "32-bit float" and so on.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Compression Slider for Open EXR in After Effects like in AME

We using RED Files all the time. Also we had a powerfull renderfarm to render things with After Effects. Later we add these again to a Premiere Pro comp. So we need a file format that is able to store a lot of data with high bitdepth as a image sequence and is readable by premiere. So open exr is the best format for us. Sadly there is no compression slider in After Effects like you can find it in Adobe Media Encoder. It would be great to add a compression to these files too so we can render it…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Master Properties - bugs and issues

Master Properties are really amazing - thanks for adding this feature. However, there are currently some bugs and drawbacks.

• On v15.1.1 (Mac), when re-naming the properties, rapidly hitting delete has crashed AE several times. I need to slowly delete if I've made an error
    • They are not recognized when network rendering via the Render Engine. Every property goes back to the default setting
    • You can't copy/paste any keyframes, even though they are just simple number values.
    3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. bring back DXV and HAP!

if you they are not bought back soon , il be forced to cancel my subscription and revert back to cs6

this is a massive ***** up by you guys and you have added on huge amounts of time on to the creative studios workflows for those who cater to the live events industry because of this.

Very Unhappy

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Include all Shape Layer contents to Flowchart

Twirl twirl twirl... Navigating all the components that can potentially live in a single shape layer is excruciating. Add all Shape Layer contents to the flowchart so we can get a bird's eye view of what's what and easily select components from there.

Mock up: https://twitter.com/demafleez/status/721068185374490624

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Better organisation in program of essential graphics

Essential Graphics templates can take a lot of trial and error to get right. Why is it to difficult to delete a graphic when I want to export a new copy? When using essential graphics panel I can't delete templates, and I have no way to save and update a new copy.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. complex compositions significantly slow the comp/timeline panel responsiveness down, especially on Windows

As recorded here:
    https://youtu.be/WH9BVhcAXgo

..when working with even semi-complex compositions with many layers, the composition panel becomes quite sluggish and slow to respond. Curiously, this is especially bad on Windows even if you throw very high end hardware at it. OSX does get slower in the same type of projects, but isn't nearly as bad. Experienced on multiple machines, over multiple versions of Windows, this is something that's been an issue for years, if not has always been there.

No system resources are being maxed out here. It would go a long ways for UX if you could at least…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base