After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Track Motion Error Calculation

When doing Motion Tracking it would be great to see pixel error value

like in PF Track

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Create bulleted text lists easily

If several lines of text could be bulleted, easily placed in the right position relative to eachother and animated as a group or individually more like in Powerpoint, that would be so helpful.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. essential graphics limits

being able to limit the number of color options to a specific palette in essential graphics would be great

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. "Unspecified drawing error"

I have this error on my HP x2 G4 Workstation with a second screen. So it's seems that this error is caused by multiple screens, windows scale and panels moved on the second screen. I've putted both screens on 1920x1080, scale 100%, with timeline and effects panels on the second screen, when I launch a preview of an animation like a simple rotation I have this error and I can't do nothing but killing the process on the windows task manager with no files recover from after effects, can you please fix it ? Many users have this issue and…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Stop releasing rubbish patch to a rubbish versions. The last stable version was 15.0. Thanks

Please stop releasing rubbish patch to a rubbish versions. The last stable version was 15.0. Thanks

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Dismiss all files not found

Either provide a list of all the missing footage or files, or give me a dismiss all button. I don't need to hit OK hundreds of times before I can just look for an expression in an unarchived project.

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. After effects reverts monitor display profile

After Effects 2018 is reverting my calibrated monitor's look profile back to the default profile whenever it is loaded

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Roto Brush rendering is pretty bad,

BUG: keeps rendering after effects unresponsive & or displays grey screen.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. make "Create VR Environment" window dockable

Please make the new Create VR Environment window a dockable tab.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. AE CC 2018(12.1.1): media browser doesn't save the favorites

What a great implementation, congratulation for the developers! What is the meaning of this? Useless feature!!!

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Bug: Keyframes disappear in video files with >3hr timecodes

Bug description: When adding keyframes to a layer using a video file which is over three hours in length, any keyframes added past 2:59:59:29 are not rendered in the Timeline panel, regardless of when the video file is placed in the Composition. Keyframes still function but are not visible or selectable with the cursor.

Reproduced on both Mac OS and Windows, 15.1.0.

It appears linked to the maximum composition length After Effects has of three hours? This seems arbitrary now it's a purely 64-bit application, and Premiere can cope with 24-hour timelines with larger timecodes?

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Make expression text remain the same size, regardless of whether or not is is "Active"

When clicking on the expression text to make it active, the font size changes which shifts the text around. Once this happens, I again have to find the part I was trying to click on in the first place. The more text there is, the worse this problem becomes.

This also isn't specific to expression text; the same issues occur when renaming layers, as well as just about any other UI element that allows you to edit text.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Make Ae Comp Size change more flexible, by setting the anchor (like Ps Canvas Size).

Ae assumes that when changing the Comp size, the center should stay in the middle. But there are situations where whe want to extend the comp in one direction. In those cases, selecting an Anchor would be great. Just like in Ps Canvas Size.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Grid effect feather pickwhip

I cannot pickwhip the feather height and width elements of the grid effect in one layer to another feather element grid effect in another layer. it keeps allocating the grid height and width elements instead

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Vector mirror effect

Just as the mirror plugin but works with shape layers preserving resolution

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Long words disappear

When typing very long words using a paragraph text, at some point (after a certain amount of characters), the text just disappears completely. Especially when using text to create walls of numbers or something (not using expressions to maintain the control) this gets very annoying. This bug has been filed 2010 already and is still present.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. After Effects CC scaling glitch in Ae Render & embedded MOGRT

I've found a bug in the current build of After Effects CC2018 (Version 15.1.1, Build 12). There's a scaling glitch that manifests such that Ae Render Queue setup treats the scaled preview resolution as the composition maximum resolution (SD for a UHD comp), and treats a UHD output as an upscale of the SD preview size. It also appears to affect MOGRT files exported to use in Premiere Pro.

I've been troubleshooting this all day today and made little headway, but after finding this thread the proposed solution (to set the "Resolution/Down Sample Factor Popup" to "Full") allows the comp…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Shortcut save/load backup/restore

What is the meaning of "Save as" and "Copy to Clipboard" functions on Keyboard Shortcut dialog if you can't restore the saved setting if you reinstall the app???

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. rotobrush

it would be great if rotobrush was more intuative, so it rcognises movement properly and so change automatically when rotobrushed object moves

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base