After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Mercury Transit Preview still crashes in latest AE V 22.0.1

After Effects V 22.0.1 still crashes while using a 3rd preview monitor via Mercury Transit.

My setups: Mac Pro trashcan (Late 2013) 12 core with 64GB and AMD FirePro D300, now running MacOS Monterey. I have 3 monitors- 2 4K Dell P2715Qs over mini Displayport and a JVC DT-v24L1 broadcast preview monitor over HDMI

Also occurs on new 2021 Macbook Pro 16 running Monterey

Repeatable crash: Preferences-> Video Preview -> Enable Mercury Transit ->Video Device: Adobe Monitor 2: 1920x1080

In a project that has different sized comps, say 1920x1080 and 1080x1080, AE will crash when switching between comps of different…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Add customizable tokens/properties to Render Queue

It would be extremely helpful to be able to define our own render tokens somehow. We often have very long and complex filenames that string together common elements like "Project Code," "Client Name," "Project Name," "Deliverable Name," "First/Last Initials," "Version Number", "Language"

It would be helpful to be able to define these somewhere in the AE project, perhaps as metadata, and then allow them to be used as render tokens/properties that can be used in the existing File Name and Location Templates.

Sure, we can manually enter this information ourselves when we go to render. We could also rename our…

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Slider commas and decimal places option

I know you can use an expression but it would be nice to have more options in the slider for commas, decimal points, min to max and even a unit before or after the number.. (for us editors who don’t use AE that much!).. how about it?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Text deselects when clicking on fill colour, making it impossible to change text colour on first try

When I type in a text box, select the text and then click on 'Fill' colour, the text deselects, meaning I can't edit the text colour. If I then go and re-select the text it works fine.

Video is attached showing behaviour.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Include pt_EffectSearch - search any effect from the project window

When you use a render farm and it fails because of an effect buried somewhere in the project it would be great to be able to search for all instances of said effect. Rather than manually going through a colossal project. Or having to delete the effect so that AE reports it as missing.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. audio caching problem

When opening an existing AE project and swapping an mp3 file for a new mp3 file, I have to clear all of the cache in AE and in Media Encoder, otherwise it will render with the old mp3 file.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. interpret timecode bug

Timecode interpretation in AE 22.3.0 is broken. When importing footage into AE with embedded timecode, the footage viewer shows runtime rather than the embedded timecode. The interpret footage panel shows the correct embedded start timecode, but will only show runtime timecode in the viewer.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. key stroke

Ignored keystrokes.
    When using After Effects some keystrokes seem to be ignored randomly. When entering a timecode for example, a lot of the times one of the numbers entered is just ignored. It's not a delay, it can be a number in the middle that's ignored. Even if I explicitly type deliberate and slow, making sure I press the keys correctly and firmly after effects randomly ignores a keystroke. Not always, but every other timecode (8 characters) I enter one random characters turns out missing. Also sometimes I have to press a shortcut (u, p, s, r, t, the usual)…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Bug Report: Wrong file is showing when importing PSD

When importing a PSD-file After Effects ads another PSD-file to the project. I've tried multiple times to creat a new project, moved the files, reinstalled AE...
    Other types of file format works fine.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. "More Option" in interpret Footage settings

Hello,
    I have a issue in the interpret settings the (''more options'') is not highlighted. The (''more options'') is not enabling in the interpret footage. My file format is a MP4 Video File.
    Can anyone tell me how to enable the (''more options'') because in my footage after i opened the file there is green screen flickering and I founded the solution on YouTube in which it is saying to click and open the (''more options'') button to fix the green screen flickering issue.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. font preview with selected text like in Illustrator! (instead of the word "sample")

I keep running into the issue where I'm looking for a font that has a specific shape of specific letters which I can't see when I only get a preview of the letters S A M P L and E. Please give us choices what to display, Illustrator does this perfectly. (side note: the Photoshop feature to filter serif, non-serif and monospace separately is also a godsend)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Import naming conventions

Hi there, small one, but I would like to have an option for retaining the exact naming of imported layers on illustrator files. Currently it appends every layer with the illustrator file name (which I understand), but sometimes that's very long (depending on what I have called it).
    It also is a hassle when you have created very specifically your names in illustrator to have them lengthened upon import.
    Even if in the preferences (under import) you could specify 'Exact layer names' as a check box. And possibly add an option to append each file with filename or date or…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Shortcut keys 1,2, and 3 on the main keyboard now used by 3D

I always use the shortcut keys 1,2, 3 and so on from the main keyboard (not the numbers keyboard) to jump to my respectively marked markers (i.e. marker "1", "2", "3" etc..)

The recent updates to AE have caused these shortcut keys to be taken over by other functions, namely camera navigation functions as per the screenshot I've attached. These shortcuts are now automatically assigned to these functions and one has to manually disable these in the 3D menu in the Preferences menu. This is quite frustrating as every time I update AE I have to remember that I have…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. animation preset is not working

hey it's not taken me 20 mins from clicking report a bug to dive thorugh a dozen pages where I've not been able to just report the bug, so marvel at my herculean effort to not FBOMB my way through this 'feedback'

the text animation presets don't seem to be working in latest AE. I'm on mac osx Big Sur. I'm trying to apply the fade up characters preset and it's giving me some error about the null at line 1 isn't an object or something....

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. marker comment color should not always black

when you setting a label color in totally black
    and assign it to a marker color,
    the marker comment will not be recognize

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. scatter

Regarding the CC Scatterize effect or the regular Scatter, it'd be great if you could change the size of the pieces. It be a lot faster and less render intensive than using shatter all the time.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Audio playback is too slow after latest update

I'm trying to reproduce a simple 45s mp3 and it just won't render. It has always worked normal until the latest update. I have 32gb of RAM and the reproduction quality is set to quarter.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Thai characters rendering issues

Hi, I work in a big team, and several guys were having issues with the rendering of Thai characters in After Effects.

The main issue we encountered was some vowels not being rendered in the correct position or completely missing altogether.
    We have been using the "south asian and middle eastern" text engine, but with different results. If we create the file from scratch using that engine, we barely encounter the issue, but usually we receive files created by our clients, so we find ourselves constantly trying to solve this, and having different results in various computers with the same…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Dragging footage onto the composition button in the project window is completely broken

In AE 2022, dragging any footage in the project window onto the composition button is completely broken. It no longer creates a composition or does anything at all.
    (I am using osx big sur on a 2020 iMac with 64gb of ram)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  3 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. darker Transparency Grid similar to Adobe Illustrator

The current bright transparency grid is too harsh on the eyes at night. Allow an option to choose a darker transparency grid like Adobe Illustrator’s.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base