After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Center Path / Shape Anchor Point

Currently there is no way to center a paths anchor point. It would be helpful to have a keyboard shortcut that would take the current selected path anchor point and center it to the path points, much like Ctrl + alt + Home does for layers.

This would allow path level animation to happen around the center of the path or shape instead of wherever the Anchor Point is arbitrarily put when created.

9 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. render notifications.

Mobile app with notification as render finishes.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Hard lock on previewing comp

Attempting to preview a 1080p comp with a couple 3d layers and effects, and After Effects locks up completely while generating a humongous crash log without offering a dialog to close the program. I need to kill the process in Task Manager in order to shut down. I submitted a crash report on the one time I received the proper dialog, but have more (5-10 GB) crash logs should they be useful.

Running latest version of AE on Windows 10, Nvidia 970GTX with updated drivers.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Advanced Puppet Issue

The new "advanced puppet" is coming into act as a force. The user must be able to set all the future pin creations to either Legacy or Advanced. As the Advanced Puppet tool does not support "Starch" it is not usable for a savvy animator anymore. It does have other good funcations probably but as far as character animation is concerned, without starch tool, you lose the desired workflow.

Hope this get fixed in the new update.

Thanks!

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Import Illustrator Brushes

Since the brush/paint tool uses vector brush shapes, we should be able to import illustrator brushes and use them within After Effects.

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Hide/delete trimmed markers

It'd be great to have an option to hide or delete markers that are trimmed from a clip. Ideally it could be set as the default behavior with the markers' right-click menu giving users the option to unhide them, though I realize that hiding the markers would require a new level of interaction, where automatic deletion of trimmed markers would be a relatively easy implementation. Either way would be a massive improvement on the current process of removing unnecessary markers.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Display Acceleration Disabled

Can you fix this issue? I recently updated to the latest CC and now I can no longer see my RAM Previews which is a major issue for my workflow!

I run a MAC that is already fully upgraded so thats not really an option for me.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Deform layer along path

Deforming an object along a spline/path is a pretty basic feature in any 3D application, and it would be quite useful to have this functionality built into After Effects. It would make animating custom strokes and lines far easier and simpler.

Basically, build the functionality of this plugin into AE:
    https://aescripts.com/bao-boa/

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. #ProjectGoodBones

ProjectGoodBones

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Lock a Layer in the Composition Viewer, but not the Timeline

Currently, adjustment layers that cover the whole screen must be locked in order to access on layers below them when using the Viewer. This is sometimes frustrating to continually lock/unlock adjustment layers to make adjustments to their effects/properties.

If a layer could be locked in the Viewer only, it would allow much faster editing of adjustment layers while also maintaining accessibility for all other layer below them.

This could also serve as a way to lock footage layers which the user wants to always remain in place, preventing accidental position shifts when dragging other items in the Viewer.

Suggested implementation:…

15 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Spell check..?

It'd be really nice to have a spell check built into text layers in AE. UI could be as simple as having a warning symbol pop up next to the text layer in the timeline, so you know which layer contains an error. Just had to correct a small typo that managed to get past myself, QA, producers, AND the client until just now. Spell check would be really useful in preventing human error (and embarrassment...)

13 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add button to assign mask to effect to the controls panel

Right now it is possible to assign a mask to an effect, but we have to twirl down the layer and go to the effects compositing option to do this. It would be better to have these buttons on the effects panel right by the effect.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Synchronize scripts using Creative Cloud

Scripts are often very small files and each user tends to have a combination of scripts they use on their workflow. It would be great if scripts could be synced across computers using Creative Cloud.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Bug with several layers with mask or shape

When I do several layer with mask, or serverals shapes layer :

The paths of the different layers hide each other

The presence of two layers causes displacements of the paths

I did the last updates.
    Ae works on windows 10

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. #ProjectFastmask

IT COULD BE AWESOME :)

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. bring back brainstorm.

the little button that makes things.

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Dynamic Link Color Change

When using Premiere and AE in dynamic link the Color is drastically changed. Looks great in Premiere - Create new composition with selection - Look at my changes in premiere and the colors are different. HELP

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. vertically zoom on waveform

Sometimes when using high-bass songs the audio waveform just turns into a block, so to vertically zoom on it will show further details on the waveform in order to see different beats.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for submitting this feature request.

In After Effects, you can vertically zoom the waveform by placing the mouse cursor underneath the waveform (the cursor icon will change to a vertical double-arrow), and then clicking and dragging.

Does this meet your need, or do you want different functionality in After Effects. If so, please elaborate.

20. Allow track mattes to be used multiple times

Track mattes should be able to be used by multiple other layers and no longer required to live directly above they layer they affect.

It's very common to need to reuse a matte. The way things are now, I have to duplicate my mattes for every single layer that uses them.

I should just be able to select which layer I want to use as a matte (along with alpha/luma options) and be able to reuse that matte for as many other layers as needed.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base