After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Composition window to be scaled by any % amount

Right now it is limited to 800% in 4K composition.

4 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Enable any effect to address an individual RGBA channel

Some effects, like Levels and Curves, allow one to isolate the effect to a single RGBA channel. Make this option available to all effects.

14 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. toggle mask and shape path visibility

button does not seem to stay on

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Preference to reverse the horizontal option-scrollwheel scrolling direction.

I finally adjusted my mindset to Apple's preferred vertical scrolling, but by switching the vertical scroll direction it also swapped the horizontal option-scroll, but frankly that makes no sense. A preference to switch it back within AE would be great!

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Bringing back the scrollbar in the Character list.

Just give us back our scrollbar in the Character list! AE had it, they dropped it in the previous version because the developers didn't have the time to implement it. Adobe promised to get it back in there in the latest version. Guess what? They didn't.
    So please, put it back in there!

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Please support display acceleration in after effects for nvidia GT550M

i have nvidia GT550M in theory my graphic card should support this function without any problem

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Displacement Map radial option and to go GPU!

Displacement map lacks of radial distortion option

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. effects to be cloned and connected through entirely in the project

so that if you change any of them - others will follow. Not like when linking them - that they have a mother effect

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Show Keyframe connection

This interface tweak is as usefull as it is simple. Even before implementing a label colors for keyframes I think this one will be a massive improvement for clarifying the timeline when you have a lot of keyframe.

An image :
    https://static1.squarespace.com/static/52829097e4b043b800eeef8c/t/55f77bafe4b084d89b9c3424/1442282417145/Keyframe-Connections-1?format=1000w

Suggested by :
    http://www.sandervandijk.tv/after-effects-features/keyframes#connection

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I have run in to an issue where if I have an AE Project made in a version before 15.1 it won't open in 15.1.

If I open a project made before 15.1 (15.0.1) it won't open the project, but sit there spinning and freeze up eventually. Old projects/templates won't import/open in premiere either.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. [BUG] BRUSHES

Doesn't work any kind of brush. You can't drag rotobrush, normal brush or cloner.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. [BUG] ROTOBRUSH

The rotobrush tool doesn't work correctly. I can't drag the pencil to make a successful selection.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. After the new update, After Effects won't open a fairly large file that I NEED for my work

After the most recent update, After Effects won't open a file I NEED to open. (it could always open it before the update)

Link to video demonstration:
    https://vimeo.com/265197055

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. better handling of large illustrators files

Large (pixel wise) illustrator files take forever to preview the first time you open it in your comp, I don't recall it being that long I would say prior to CC2015 please take a look at it

15 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. track matte per effect

The possibility to add mask per effects through the compositing options was a great addition would be great to be also able to choose another layer as a track matte for each effect the way set matte works.

15 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Essential Graphics Bug

Need to fix a bug in the system. Killing projects by trying to use Essential Graphics is essentially a bad way of business.

I'm stuck in a loop with the error
    After Effects error: internal verification failure, sorry! (stream at index has gone wrong matchname)

This is the first time I've seen this error.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Bug: "Create Nulls from Points" and 3D layers

There is a bug with the the "Create Nulls from Points" feature. If all the nulls and layers are set to 3D, and then the project is closed and opened again, After Effects will crash (i.e. the file is corrupted). Leaving the layers as 2D seems to work fine.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Bug after updating to 15.1

After updating Ae to the current version the program became buggy.

Pop-up dialogue boxes are just white (no buttons visible), program becomes unresponsive and can't perform tasks like pre-compose.

macOS High Sierra 10.13.4

Help!

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Create a keyboard shortcut for the transparency grid's switch (at the bottom of the composition viewer).

Unless there's an underlying programming issue, this seems like an easy lay up.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base