After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Keyframes for Motion Graphics Templates

It would really be nice to have keyframes (In Premiere Pro) for your Master Properties in Motion Graphics Templates exported from After Effects.

12 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Bug - I cannot open JSON data project in CC2018 update 15.1.1, created in 15.1.0

Cannot open a previously created data driven project, it says: Problem encountered with file. Conversion to MGJSON using converter JSON with id com.adobe.sensor.jsonConverter failed

?????????????????

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. OPENCL stopped working after MAC 10.13.5 update

Once updated to Mac OS 10.13.5, OPENCL error came on all Adobe projects, AE, Premiere Pro, and ME, allowing only Software mode. This is with MAC included AMD Pro Vega 64.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for filing this bug report.

Can you please provide more info about the errors you’re receiving? A screenshot of the error message would be useful.

When does the error occur? When you open a project? Or when you launch After Effects? Does the problem change if you modify the Project Settings > Video Rendering & Effects option?

4. H264 import as well as export not supported??? (AE15.1.1)

Hey
    At the post facility where I work we upgraded to After Effects 15.1.1 on monday, reassured that h264 (.mp4) was still possible via AME + that QT7 codecs were still supported for IMPORT (as per release notes https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/quicktime7-support-dropped.html)

Unfortunately, AE just hangs indefinitely when importing QT H264... which is going to be a logistical nightmare for old projects that need to be reopened containing QT H264 files....

FYI, running Mac OS Sierra 10.12.6 (over 14 workstations)
    No change whether footage on networkdrive, local drive.

Any suggestions?? urgently, if poss...

Thanks

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for filing this bug report.

H.264, along with many other codecs, inside a QuickTime file remain supported for import in After Effects 15.1 and Premiere Pro 12.1.

Can you please send us a link to a file that demonstrates the problem? We will inspect it to evaluate the problem. If you prefer not to post it publicly, you can send it to aebugs@adobe.com.

Most of the problems we have encountered with QuickTime files using supported codecs are that they use little-used QuickTime 7 functionality that is not natively supported by After Effects or Premiere Pro. That, or the file itself is malformed in some way. In previous versions of After Effects and Premiere Pro, the 32-bit QuickTime process could be used to process these files; now that it is gone, any such files that relied on QuickTime 7 functionality will fail to import.

We can look at…

5. stop making it slower.

the UI in 2019 has dropped to it's knees. just moving a single layer in a comp with no other layers is pitiful.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Export vector files that can be opened and adjusted in illustrator

It would be nice to be able to export something from AE to an svg or eps or even ai format so that things created solely in AE could be given to print media people for larger campaigns.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. AE completely non-functional

I'm a first time CC user.

After effects on my freshly installed iMac with High Sierra 10.13.3
    Can't open projects in AE - when I try nothing happens, or sometimes AE will freeze. Other CC apps I've installed work fine, AE is terrible though, completely unusable.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Please implement a solid Physics Engine 2D in After Effects

Use physic engine in our animations with some settings (bounciness, density, friction, mesh precision, velocity, gravity, etc..on a layer (type : solid, static, kinetik)

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Show the Merge Paths shape layer tool some love

The merge path tool for shape layers is inconsistent while on a shape layer with 3d turned on in the C4d renderer. While the Add mode always works, Merge and Intersections sometimes break, and Subtract and Exclude Intersections often break and sometimes (like right now) I can't get to work at all.

I started with type converted to shapes, and when that did't play nice, I built and outlined my type in AI, outlined it, cleaned it up, and brought it in with Overlord. When switching the layer to 3d, all the bowls in the letters filled in, but then…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. AE needs to communicate when it's trying to update the frame

AE will frequently show a blank comp window (upon opening a project), or not update the comp window and give no indication that its reading from disk or working to render the frame. If AE isn't showing me the actual current contents of my comp, I need AE to communicate that. I need to see a progress bar that says "Yes I know the comp window is blank, but i'm working on it." or "You're not seeing the text layer you just created because i'm still rendering it."

If you don't show me a progress bar while AE is updating…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. when i use adobe after effects cs6 and i use 3d camera tracker/warp stabilizer its says (unable to obtain dynamiclink server)

when i use adobe after effects cs6 and i use 3d camera tracker/warp stabilizer its says (unable to obtain dynamiclink server)

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Color Range is the best keyer! To GPU and 32Bits

Color Range needs an update, I always liked how it deals with noise and hair!

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Better Import of Photoshop Clipping Masks

It would be great if we could import photoshop layers with clipping masks into AE without having to rasterize the layer in PS and apply the layer mask. I find with soft edge masks AE doesn't recognize the mask data. Currently I have to go through my PS file and manually rasterize masks. Thanks!

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Bugs everywhere

The new versione 2019 is the buggest version ever. The undo/redo function 80% of the time doesn't work properly. The new puppet tool's starch is pretty useless without control for choose the control area. Expecially for rigging purpose. All the puppet tool, after insert 1 or 2 pin, don't let you to insert any other pin and don't update your action, at least you don't zoom or restart after effects. I'm an after effects lover, but this release is bringing me to seriously evaluate to leave all the Adobe products. Any new version is worst than the previous one.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for filing this report.

It would be most helpful if you broke out these different problems into different reports. This UserVoice platform is most useful when every post represents a single problem or feature request, and thus can be voted on individually.

For each of these issues, can you please also provide more details?

For the Undo/Redo problem, when does the problem occur? What steps do you take before Undo/Redo does not work? What specific step are you trying to undo or redo?

For the Puppet effect problems, can you elaborate on what you mean by “pretty useless without control for choose the control area”? With the problem of placing pins, what steps do you take before the problem occurs? It would probably be helpful if you provided a project that demonstrates the issues, or at least a screenshot or screen recording.

15. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Double clicking Library colours to use them in comps (colours of text, solids, fill, etc)

Full Library functionality like in Illustrator or Photoshop. Make the colours in the Library useful. For example: selecting the colour of a text in your comp by clicking/selecting/dragging a colour from your Library.

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Automatic or default continuous rasterize

Have the option to set your preferences to have 'continous rasterize' as a default for vector layers imported from Illustrator. I always want this checked for my layers, but in the flow of working sometimes forget to check the box which then only shows in rendering.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Wacom pen pressure sensitivity doesn't work in AE CC 15.1.1 using the Wacom driver 6.3.30 on an Intuos Model:CTL-4100WL, OS 10.11.6

Wacom pen pressure sensitivity doesn't work in AE CC 15.1.1 using the Wacom driver 6.3.30 on an Intuos Model:CTL-4100WL, OS 10.11.6

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Auto show a layer in timeline, when it's selected in the stage

It would be nice to show a layer in the timeline once you click it in the stage, so you wouldn't need to either scrub through the layers or press a property to get focus on that layer.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Bug Report: After Effects 15.1 Black vertical lines when scrubbing timeline / Windows 10 / UI Scaling other than 100%

On Windows 10, using AE v 15.1.0 and nVidia Driver v 391.35. Have UI scaling set to 125% (have tried custom as well) on a 3840x2160 monitor resolution. Any scaling other than 100% causes this issue. Black vertical lines appear on the timeline layers when scrubbing. When you stop they go away usually. There is also a slight shift of 1px probably, and a strange minor blurring of the timeline layers while scrubbing. If set to 100% UI scaling, all issues are gone.

This was not an issue with the previous version of AE.

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base