After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Effects and Presets Hotkey

I would love the ability to be able to type a quick hotkey and search to dial up any effect or preset that I have saved. Similar to Shift C in C4D or FX Console by Video Copilot. Adding a hotkey to bring up a context menu isn't that hard right?

5 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. CC Vignette bug

I''ll often add the CC Vignette effect to an imported .AI layer to help it blend into the scene. It's very helpful in not adding additional clutter to compositions, but it increasingly makes scenes go crazy. Different zoom levels will exacerbate the bug, and saving and reopening with the effect applied seems to make it worse.

Some of the symptoms include weird screen tearing, little dots all over the comp, and the layer will "flicker" on and off as well as affecting the alpha channels on other layers.

I've attached a quick sample. This mostly shows everything but the tearing.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Maintain Windows 7 Compatibility for new features

For those of us in the real world that cannot simply migrate to windows 10 in the middle of multi-year projects, maintaining compatibility with windows 7 is critical. Even if Adobe insists on developing newer additions that are not back compatible, new features that are developed should also be added to After effects CC 2018 which I believe is the last version that is Windows 7 compatible. Otherwise our monthly subscription is receiving no additional value added.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Have sequence markers added in AE to link to Premiere Pro when linked

I've been using overlays created in AE (Intros, outros etc) that have a fade to white/black with a bunch of other things happening, I would like it if I could set a marker for when the overlay was %100 white/black that would be visible in Premiere Pro, so when I have the file overlayed, I can see exactly at what point the video underneath will no longer be visible.

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Native animated GIF support

Still have to go through Photoshop/ Save for web (Legacy)?!

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Wacom tablet issues Mac OSX.

While using my Wacom tablet, I have run into an issue. The best way to describe it, is that the interoperability becomes "Sticky". While I am working suddenly when I try to perform an operation, After Effects errantly panel moves for the current comp I am working on. If I attempt to make a selection after this, it moves the comp panel to whatever window I have selected next, and then, the track selection box continues to be active until I right click. It doesn't happen with my mouse, only with my Wacom. I have had this problem with version…

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 16.0.1 project not linking with Premiere still

Thanks for this update but After Effects is still failing to link properly with my Premiere projects, which have also been updated to 13.0.2. I've reported this on the Premiere section too just in case. Please see attached recurring error from AE. Maybe I'll be able to continue work properly in 2019, please? Thanks for your efforts so far, I'm sure we're getting there... I'm on a 2017 iMac running Mojave, 16Gb ram.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. A separate transform property for each mask

Just additionaly to what we have, a transform property for every mask. This way if I have an animated mask, I'll be able to move, rotate or scale it without messing up the animation. Or we could finally track our masks to an object instead of the Mask tracking **** that we have now. How can anyone work with a mask if it has a keyframe at every frame???

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. A keyboard key for selecting vertices during masking, apart from LMB.

I've just been masking for 5 hours and my mouse hand is killing me. Not the palm or the wrist but fingers, from constantly pressing the LMB to select vertices, hold it for dragging etc. A couple of hours of constant pressing like that wears your hand out.
    So an idea came to my mind, it would be nice if during masking I could press a keyboard key to act in place of the LMB, ie. the 1 key. So now I just hover the cursor above a vertex, press and hold 1, move the vertex to a new position,…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. live collaborative editing

compositions are shareable and can be edited by more than one person at the same time, like a google doc

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Bug Report: Can't paste from Premiere Pro

"After Effects warning: Can't paste from Premiere, Premiere Pro Importer is missing."

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Multiple track points simultaneously + averager

The ability to create multiple tracking points and track all simultaneously.

Also, a button within the tracker window that takes the selected tracking points and makes an averaged track.

Provides a considerable increase in productivity.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Custom hotkeys for presets, effects, and scripts.

Add the ability to assign animation presets, effects, or scripts to custom keyboard shortcuts.

Currently the same result can be achieved by using VC FX Console and AutoHotkey. This would bring it all into AE making it easier to transfer preferences via CC.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Selecting multiple layers when importing an Illustrator file.

When importing an Illustrator file you have 2 options for "merged layers" and "choose layer". It would be nice if you could select multiple layers at the same time to import. I find myself creating icons and assets as I go so it would be nice to import as I go but being able to select multiple layers. I know if I import as a comp, it will bring all the layers in for me, which is nice, but only if I already have all the assets created first.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Keyframe-able Layer Controls

I know it probably presents a whole host of problems, but it'd be nice if we could keyframe layer controls. It would also be nice if effects that reference layers could be keyframed so that you can link them to a layer control.

If you're using multiple layers with the same Set Matte setup, for example, it'd be great if we could change them all with one layer expression control. But since they can't be keyframed they can't have expressions either. This makes the Layer Control much less useful than it could otherwise be.

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Inaccurate Ruler Guides Bug

When zooming past 200% ruler guides become inaccurate. Issue has already been discussed here https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2393250 but has not been fixed. Example: Working in a 1920x1080 comp, at 100-200% zoom ruler(pixels) shows the center of comp correctly(960px). Zooming to 400-800% ruler = 1000px. 1600%= 1200px. It may not be the issue, but bug seemed to arise after switching from 1920x1080 monitors to 2560x1440. Thank you.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Multiple Project Windows

Add the ability to open more than one project window at a time, or create different 'Bin' windows, similar to Premiere.

Ideally, this would be possible with multiple windows, with the ability to create multiple windows with the same target (such as having several 'Effects presets' windows simultaneously, allowing you to keep the ones you are using open and switch between them easily.)

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Mask path free transform in perspective & skew

When selecting mask shape or points, please allow distorting the selection in skew and perspective - like in Photoshop. Would help a lot when rotoscoping masks.

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. High disk usage while cache

I have 32GB Ram, i7-7820HQ CPU, Quadro 1200(M), 1TB SSD (M2). I use windows 10.

My problem is even for simple template based after effects file their HIGH DISK USAGE while cache leading to poor performance. I have separated my HDD into 2 halves each 500 GB and dedicated one half fro the Cache itself. I use Ae 2018.

Please let me know how we can fix this.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base