After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Gradient support while importing from Illustrator!! C'Mon guys...

It's a shame it isn't available yet, just saying. Lost of some parameters from previously created files is really painful to work with - because I need to recreate gradients each time I want to animate an object.

8 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Missing plugin notice gives no information on where the missing plugin layer is

Opening up an older project, you sometimes get a notification about a missing plugin, but then no information on how to track down where the problem plugin is.

How many layers have the issue?

Can the layers and comps have a warning symbol so you can see where the problem is?

Can there be some sort of log that lists what comp and what layers are missing plugins?

It's really annoying to hunt around for them, delete/replace them, reopen the scene and it still give the same error because you couldn't find them all.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for filing this feature request.

Currently in After Effects, you can use the Search fields at the top of the Project or Timeline panels to search for either:
    - The keyword “Missing Effects” (which is a saved term if you click on the magnifying glass icon). This will show all comps in the Project panel, or layers in the Timeline panel that reference effects that could not be loaded.
    - The name of the effect that was reported as missing.

Does the above functionality meet your needs, or do you still desire additional functionality?

3. Fix the workspace off screen monitor issue with after Effects.

Every time I switch between my home and office monitor I have to delete my preferences file to fix the workspace as it is way off screen.

13 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. change source text from bold to regular over time

Change source text over time using keyframes and percentages

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Effects and Presets Hotkey

I would love the ability to be able to type a quick hotkey and search to dial up any effect or preset that I have saved. Similar to Shift C in C4D or FX Console by Video Copilot. Adding a hotkey to bring up a context menu isn't that hard right?

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. lens distortion profile in AE

Adding lens profiles as are already available in Photoshop and Lightroom to the AE lens distortion removal effect would be a massive help( copy pasted from the Pr requests)

But as Ae is supposed to be the vfx software of the dva family it should also have a proper tool to set a profile from a distortion grid and then adding or removing that distortion with the lens distortion fx or a new version should be easy and pixel perfect for now it is more try and errors which doesn't feel really serious and reliable.
    Take a look at C4d…

17 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. AE och Encoder dont synch.

After 2-3 month it still dont work rendering out properly. When does you solve this issue?????????

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. There absolutely needs to be a way to change UI font color. Blue is becoming harder and harder to read. The previous yellow was the best.

This should be a simple feature to incorporate. Also, people have been asking for this since two thousand-and freakin-fourteen. I'm an industry professional and my eyes need to last. Having the option to change to a different color to help my vision should be an option.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. More text animation options

It would very appreciate to have some of the text properties such as text font, size, fauxbold, fauxitalic, allcap etc accessible for animation, expression, mogrt, master properties etc..
    It would be also nice to be able to access every character properties by expression or scripting not only the first because for now if you try to get any of these infos by scripting you will only be able to know the attributes of the first character...

17 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Team projects should save a local version too.

Team Project cloud is very unstable, I lost days of work in Team Projects that simply got empty. A local cache would certainly have avoided that.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Motion graphics templates do not work correctly in Premiere Pro when created in After Effects with another language than Premiere

It seems that many expressions do not work, espacially those related to expression controls, when languages of apps do not match.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Import rules for files so that AE projects stay tidy and manageable

Every time I import a file it will either go to the root project directory or whichever folder I have selected. It would be great if you could create bins for specific media - jpgs, video, vectors, music, SFX etc - so that files of that sort would go into these bins automatically. Too much time is spent cleaning projects up so that things can be found.

Perhaps a 'virtual' bin with 'Recent Imports' from that session could be useful, that would link to the new files (like a shortcut file in explorer) so that you could see what was…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Fluid Interface Improvements

It's 2018 and everyone by this point is used to fluid smartphone interfaces that run at 30-60FPS and yet After Effects (and most of the adobe suite) can't scroll through layers at anything about 10 FPS to save it's life.

Try to scroll through a comp with 100+ layers and watch as the FPS of the panel drops to about 3FPS. I'm not sure why this is such a hard problem to fix.

The "Hardware Accelerate Composition, Layer, And Footage Panels" checkbox doesn't seem to help at all and sometimes even makes the problem work.

Other fluidity improvements:
    - It…

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Bug Report: Premiere and After Effects dynamic link causes warping issues in video clip

Whenever I dynamic link a clip from Premiere to After Effects, it causes a weird warping glitch in the video that's extremely noticeable; making dynamic link completely unusable for me.

Reference video posted in this thread...

https://old.reddit.com/r/VideoEditing/comments/9p6lnd/doesanyoneelsehavethisproblemwith_dynamic/

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Every effect allow a layer to control effect intensity - similar to Set Matte

Allow users to control the intensity of all effects by using an optional matte input that works similar to the Set Matte filter.

Want to use another layer matte to drive the effect. Default would be "none"

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Please add customization options for UI fonts

If possible, it would very helpful if users could customize the fonts in the user interface, especially the timeline left panel and Project window, and maybe make the tool bar icons a little bigger. For people using a 4K monitor with a very high DPI, the fonts become too spindly to read very easily. I wish there was the option to make the fonts a little bolder in the UI. Thank you!

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Altered effects settings appear green

To help quickly see what settings have been changed from the default in an effect (in the effects panel), have the changed setting appear in green or yellow. I know red is for expressions, so to distinguish it from the cyan/blue and to be able to quickly see what's been changed have the revised setting appear in green or some other color.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Cache Work Area in Background

While working, it can really speed up playback and workflow if after effects can cache the work area in the background. This can work very well with the new architecture which it was removed from.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Scripting access to TextDocument.boxText (writing, not just read-only)

In order to convert the currently selected Text Layers into Point Text or Paragraph Text, the user needs to right-click in the Composition panel with the type tool, and choose the "Convert To Paragraph Text" or "Convert To Point Text" submenu.

But if multiple Text Layers of the same type (Point Text or Paragraph Text) are selected the "Convert To Paragraph Text" or "Convert To Point Text" submenu is greyed out.

So it seems the only way to convert multiple text layers is to select each layer one by one and right-click "Convert to..." every time.

If not possible to…

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base