After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Bug report: "Undo group mismatch, will attempt to fix"

Getting this bug almost daily. It does not seem to be triggered by any specific action. The alert "Undo group mismatch, will attempt to fix" pops up and multiple recent steps are undone, so I've lost a few minutes of work. I've enabled logging and will upload a log file next time it happens. It may be related to the GeoLayers plugin as it started happening after I installed the plugin recently.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Projects from previous version of AE opening like molassess in 2022

AE version: 22.1.1 (Build 74)
    Mac OS: Big Sur 11.6.2

I'm trying to open some AE projects that were created in the 2021 version of AE, and it takes on average 10-15 minutes to open them. Once they're open, I can't get a single frame of the composition to appear in the main window. This has effectively blocked me from doing any work in any of these projects, and since I can't roll back to the previous version of AE (which would block me from opening these projects entirely), I'm not really sure what else I can do.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. After Effects 2022 & C4D r.25

One of the uses of C4D Lite is it's ability to import vector files so AE users can create 3D extruded logos and other icons. This along with the ability to create extruded text was one of the main interactions that was covered when C4D LIte was first bundled with AE.
    The latest C4D release r.25, changed it's vector import workflow and they failed to add this new workflow to LIte.
    This removes the ability of Lite to import any vector file at all.
    The work around is to use the previous version of C4D, but this won't work forever.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Jackson,

Thank you for making this report. You are correct, it does appear that the Align panel has been removed from the Default workspace. We've opened a ticket internally to have it re-added.

In the meantime, you can still open the Align panel from the Window menu and add it to your workspace manually.

Thanks again for the report,

- John, After Effects Engineering Team

5. Dropdown for shutter angle like exposure

I saw the exposure slider in the latest AE beta and I think that this would also be good to use for shutter speed. I can never really tell what I want my shutter angle to be until I've actually set the project in motion, in which going into the composition menu is pretty tedious.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Rendering glitch in AE 22.3.0 (Build 107) : Solid/Rotation/TrkMat

I'm experiencing a rendering glitch on Mac AE release 22.3.0 (Build 107).

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2019) - OS 10.15.7
    3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9
    64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4
    Radeon Pro Vega 48 8 GB

Using a solid as a TrkMat creates stair-stepping effect when the solid is rotated past 10º or so. Issue does not occur when I use a Shape Layer.

Thanks for looking into this.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Multi Frame Rendering - Previewing an .MP4 file much slower to cache than without the feature enabled

​This is a very simple test, and I've reproduced it on two builds of CC 2022, on two different workstations.

I import a simple .MP4 video file (1280 x 720, 25fps), and simply try to preview it in a comp.

With Multi-Frame Rendering turned OFF, the preview is fast and smooth - everything normal.

With Multi-Frame Rendering turned ON, the preview is slow to cache frames, and quickly the preview will not play in real time while the frames are cached. In the Information panel, it shows that multiple frames are being processed, but when looking at CPU usage via…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. After Effects: Condense Comp Tabs with Long Names

Often enough I am working on a project where the comps have long names. When working on many comps at once, the length of the names makes it so that you see less of your open comps in the timeline area. It would be so useful if those comp tabs could be renamed (not renaming the comps, just the tabs) for organization purposes. For example I could shorten comps with long names to nickname references like comp1, comp2, comp3, etc.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. GPU should be used more especially when using shape in animations.

GPU should be used more especially when using shape in animations.

GPU utilization too low while working.I want you to use about 80% of the whole.

GPUの使用率が低すぎるので70~80%ぐらいは常に使う様に処理を改善して欲しい。現状ではかなり使用率が低すぎる。

495 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. PEN TOOL IS STILL BROKEN IN 2022

WHOEVER thought of changin the Pen Tool behaviour in AE should be fired. IMMEDIATELY!!!!

Make it work like it was working before – with modifyer keys, so one could bezier stuff like Illustrator pen tool (when "Disable Auto Add/Delete" option is NOT active in preferences. That "feature" is actually more like a bug...)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Fix Render Settings bug when queueing multiple frame ranges

When adding multiple frame ranges from the same composition to the render queue, the render settings do not retain the correct frame ranges for each item in the queue.

For example:
    Submit frame range 0-200 and then submit frame range 200-400 from the same composition. Check the render settings for each item in the queue. Notice that the frame range for both items in the queue is now the same. Unique frame ranges are not retained.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Mercury Transit Preview still crashes in latest AE V 22.0.1

After Effects V 22.0.1 still crashes while using a 3rd preview monitor via Mercury Transit.

My setups: Mac Pro trashcan (Late 2013) 12 core with 64GB and AMD FirePro D300, now running MacOS Monterey. I have 3 monitors- 2 4K Dell P2715Qs over mini Displayport and a JVC DT-v24L1 broadcast preview monitor over HDMI

Also occurs on new 2021 Macbook Pro 16 running Monterey

Repeatable crash: Preferences-> Video Preview -> Enable Mercury Transit ->Video Device: Adobe Monitor 2: 1920x1080

In a project that has different sized comps, say 1920x1080 and 1080x1080, AE will crash when switching between comps of different…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add customizable tokens/properties to Render Queue

It would be extremely helpful to be able to define our own render tokens somehow. We often have very long and complex filenames that string together common elements like "Project Code," "Client Name," "Project Name," "Deliverable Name," "First/Last Initials," "Version Number", "Language"

It would be helpful to be able to define these somewhere in the AE project, perhaps as metadata, and then allow them to be used as render tokens/properties that can be used in the existing File Name and Location Templates.

Sure, we can manually enter this information ourselves when we go to render. We could also rename our…

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Slider commas and decimal places option

I know you can use an expression but it would be nice to have more options in the slider for commas, decimal points, min to max and even a unit before or after the number.. (for us editors who don’t use AE that much!).. how about it?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Text deselects when clicking on fill colour, making it impossible to change text colour on first try

When I type in a text box, select the text and then click on 'Fill' colour, the text deselects, meaning I can't edit the text colour. If I then go and re-select the text it works fine.

Video is attached showing behaviour.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Include pt_EffectSearch - search any effect from the project window

When you use a render farm and it fails because of an effect buried somewhere in the project it would be great to be able to search for all instances of said effect. Rather than manually going through a colossal project. Or having to delete the effect so that AE reports it as missing.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. audio caching problem

When opening an existing AE project and swapping an mp3 file for a new mp3 file, I have to clear all of the cache in AE and in Media Encoder, otherwise it will render with the old mp3 file.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. interpret timecode bug

Timecode interpretation in AE 22.3.0 is broken. When importing footage into AE with embedded timecode, the footage viewer shows runtime rather than the embedded timecode. The interpret footage panel shows the correct embedded start timecode, but will only show runtime timecode in the viewer.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. key stroke

Ignored keystrokes.
    When using After Effects some keystrokes seem to be ignored randomly. When entering a timecode for example, a lot of the times one of the numbers entered is just ignored. It's not a delay, it can be a number in the middle that's ignored. Even if I explicitly type deliberate and slow, making sure I press the keys correctly and firmly after effects randomly ignores a keystroke. Not always, but every other timecode (8 characters) I enter one random characters turns out missing. Also sometimes I have to press a shortcut (u, p, s, r, t, the usual)…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Bug Report: Wrong file is showing when importing PSD

When importing a PSD-file After Effects ads another PSD-file to the project. I've tried multiple times to creat a new project, moved the files, reinstalled AE...
    Other types of file format works fine.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?