After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make layers deform in z axis 3D

I have always found it frustrating that you can not alter a layer in 3D at all.

You can work with a 2D flat video layer but you can not deform it at all in the z axis.

This would add the ability to treat a layer more like a face in a 3d app like Maya. You could add points and move them forward or back in z space like the puppet tool only not limited to x and y values.

3 votes
    Sign in Sign in with: Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Support for 125% text scaling in Windows 10

Having upgraded from 1080p to 1440p monitors, the recommended text scaling for windows (125%) causes After Effects to render its UI text blurred/fuzzy. This is a big drawback having invested in better monitors, as the alternative is going back to 100% text scaling, which is incredibly small on my displays.

21 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Support webp file format

In this web-focused world it is surprising to find that After Effects doesn't support the webp format. In fact, even Photoshop doesn't! Please rectify this across the whole applicable product range.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Maintain transparency "is used as a guide layer at the bottom of the layer, I want you to stop specifying that it will not come out by affec

Maintain transparency "is used as a guide layer at the bottom of the layer, I want you to stop specifying that it will not come out by affecting it. (I'd like you to specify the guide layer as an exception)

透明度の維持機能を使った際に一番最下層に何かレイヤーがあると、機能が無効になってしまわないようにしてほしい。

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Improve the sorting method of names in the Project panel. If you duplicate a composition with a name ending with a digit, please do not aut

Improve the sorting method of names in the Project panel. If you duplicate a composition with a name ending with a digit, please do not automatically become "number + 1".

ファイルがの並び替え時に01.02.03と順番に並ぶようにしてほしい。

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. I want to be able to select not only the upper layer but also any layer of the track mat

I want to be able to select not only the upper layer but also any layer of the track mat

It will be more flexible if you can designate it not only for the upper layer but also for any layer

トラックマットの機能を上のトラックだけでなく任意のレイヤーに指定できるようにしてほしい

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Moving multiple keyframes of a mask at the same time

Let's say you have a comp, and traced a mask on it. You move the mask for each frame, resulting on creating lots of keyframes. Now, you realize you need to offset the mask because the comp changed a bit. You cannot select all keyframes and move them at the same time, it will only move the keyframe the cursor is one.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Reduce your monthly costs, it's not affordable!

The monthly cost of Adobe products is so not affordable by everyone, i use it maybe a few times every few months and pay such high monthly fees is not FAIR or reasonable! Please reduce your prices, thank you. Get this message to your CEO!

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Skin Smoothing

Skin smoothing is commonly found in image editors these days, and in Resolve Studio. It should be in After Effects as well.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Option for set matte to start at beginning of matte animation

You have an animated precomp that you want to use as a matte on multiple layers throughout your timeline. You want to start that matte animation from the first frame every time the matte is used. Currently you can't do that only using one matte layer. Add a checkbox to the set matte effect labeled "Start matte from the beginning" to allow that functionality.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. New Expression/Code Editor in After Effects 16.1

Changes needed to new expression/code editor in After Effects 16.1

1) Add the ability to change the font used in the expression/code editor in "Scripting & Expression" preferences.
    2) When you leave the expression/code editor the code formatting stays visible. i.e line numbers, syntax highlighting, etc.
    3) When entering the expression/code editor for any given property instead of it having the all of the code selected by default every time, have it remember previous code selection and cursor position.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Snap to monitor size in Windows

Using AE in Apple OS i am able to have multiple windows on multiple monitors and double clicking the bar at the top of the window snaps it to the monitor size.

With Windows I can't do that so I have one main windod (the one that has the top menu) that I can click and snap to the size of my monitor, but the other window where I keep my composition or timeline I have to manually re-scale to match the size of my monitor as best as I can, but there's always a thin gap where I can…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add support for 3dconnexion

Adding support for 3dconnexion 3d mice would allow greater flexibility when working in 3d space. It would also make the job a lot easier for some of us.

Thanks!

25 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Be able to drag layers up and down over the timeline,

at the moment when you select the layer in timeline you can only move it in time [right and left] would be great if you could also move them freely up and down and, it would be a lot more intuitive, maybe holding a down a key would trigger the ability, like if you hold cmd then you could move them up and down as well, not having to go over layer names for that.

hope I'm making sense,

Cheers

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Scrolling in VR comp editor

I work on heavy projects in 360 stereoscopic , trying to use mainly after effects. There is no way to scroll in the comps of the VR comp editor.
    Then, i can just add 6 comps that I can edit, depending on the size of my screen. All the other comps are outside of the vr comp editor window and i can"t reach it. Please add a vertical scroll bar in the vr comp editor.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for filing this bug report.

Can you please provide more detailed steps to reproduce the problem? I presume that by “vectorizing a child comp” you mean you’re enabling the Continuously Rasterize switch for the pre-comp layer, but I don’t want to assume. I also need clarification on which comp you’re referring to by “lengthen this comp”.

Perhaps you could provide us with a sample project in the “before” state and instructions or a screen recording of what to do that causes the problem. Post a link to your files here, or if you prefer not to post publicly you can send it to aebugs@adobe.com. (If you send to that address: A) Do not send .zip files, they will be blocked; renaming to .thisisazipfile is OK. B) Post a comment here when you have sent the email. I need to manually check that inbox.)

18. Please implement project cloak!

Hey guys! Almost a year ago you had Project Cloak in development:
    https://www.engadget.com/2017/10/19/adobe-max-cloak-smart-erase-sneak

But we haven't heard anything else from this. Will we get it?.
    Content aware removal is really handy.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. No glyphs?

A glyphs panel would be an amazing addition.

28 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I want save ram preview to come back. I know there are work arounds, but they aren't as good as save ram preview

I would love it if you could select save ram preview from the preview panel and it would just save your ram preview as a video with a codec you defined.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base