After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. [bug] Workspace changes into undesirable position when relaunching/reloading AE

Best shown here: https://imgur.com/a/FgmItNi
    The only solution I've found was to double click the custom workspace name on the top right. Still, it relaunches

5 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 32bpc and screen layer mode

In 32bpc mode, if footages had got HDR(1.0+ or 0.0-) pixels, screen layer mode doesn't work properly.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Simple change Language in UI

This may apply to any Adobe app. Language should be able to be changed without having to reinstall. I receive projects in both Spanish and English and its a pain to be reinstalling or having to update every expression found in it.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Make use of TIFF's ExtraSamples tag

The TIFF file format contains the ExtraSamples tag (338) which can be used to give a description of extra components. This field can be used to specify inside the file if it contains premultiplied or straight data.
    When AE exports a TIFF sequence it just leaves this field as UNSPECIFIED. This causes other software (and AE itself) to be unable to know if the data is premultiplied or straight.
    Similarly, when a composition is created from a TIFF file AE does not seem to read this field and thus it's guessing wrong as to what kind of contents is in…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Keyboard shortcuts are not updated in the Tooltips

When you update your keyboard shortcuts, the tooltip shortcuts should update with the new key command.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Lumetri Color to be reversable

for cases whe you work with some graded material with effects and especially lighting like glow effects, and than they're like send you the ungraded clip for finalization, and you kind of need not to touch already all your settings for lighting that were involved with the graded clip and you just have to downgrade what's graded.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Create New Shape Layer Above Existing Selection

Add feature that places new Shape Layers above a selected layer. Nulls and Solids already behave in this manner, so it would just be a matter of applying the same behavior to Shape Layers.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. New Project Template Improvement

New Project Template is a great addition for getting your project off on the right track quickly. But if you've taken the time to setup a template for yourself, you've probably noticed that you routinely have to tell AFX that you don't want to "save" when you open something else.

When you start up AFX or close a project, the template loads. But then you open an existing project and you're prompted to "Save Changes?" AFX should be able to tell that this is an unchanged template and not prompt you to save.

In a production environment, I'm opening existing…

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Smear/smudge feature in the clone stamp tool

It should be possible to blur/smear/smudge strokes to allow for color uniformity when making a clean plate, for instance. Take note from Nuke's rotopaint node.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Reveal Composition in project not working

Using the latest Version of AE 15.11.0 and MacOS 10.13.4. The "Reveal Composition in Project" feature is not working properly. It is should reveal the comp in the project window but no longer does this.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Fix After Effects

My After Effects and AME options went from around 50 codecs that I need access to for both import and export to MAYBE 10?? And the ones that remain are the ones o never ever ever ever use.

What kind of decision is this?? Eliminate MODERN AND HEAVILY USED codecs like HAP? NDI?

This is ridiculous!!

Please tell me there's a fix coming... I'm very unhappy paying for what is basically a useless subscription at this point...

Please!!! A Fix?? Is it coming??

I don't care that Apple stopped supporting QuickTime... There are still new and great codecs using the…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Search for code in expressions? Find and replace?

I have comps with 30-50 layers - many of them shape layers, with expressions on the shape attributes throughout the entire comp. The shapes are controlled by control sliders on a control layer (sliders, point controls, etc), and the controls have expressions as well. I use consistent variable names across all these layers/expressions. Rigging up something complicated in AE gets out of control pretty fast as there's lots of code duplication because all expressions are limited to local scope of the layer property they reside on. That's a whole separate can 'o worms and I'm not trying to open that…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. After Effects 15.1 bug: File "(filename).aif" cannot be opened, it may be in an unsupported format. ( 86 :: 1 )

Please also see https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2476842, as this was previously submitted in the community forum.

Expected Result: Users should be able to use AIFF files in After Effects. It is an industry standard file format.

Experienced Issue: The current version of After Effects will not allow them to be used. After updating to 15.10, After Effects stopped recognizing .aif files.

Error message when opening any project with .aif files in them: After Effects error: File "(filename).aif" cannot be opened, it may be in an unsupported format. ( 86 :: 1 )

-This happens on multiple machines tested.
    -Uninstall/reinstall does not resolve. …

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Please give ability for AE to read EXR written by Houdini !!

Please give ability for AE to read EXR written by Houdini !!

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Is it possible to rotate the anchor point ? Will be very useful in 3D space.

Is it possible to rotate the anchor point ? Will be very useful in 3D space.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. h264 Issue

I had a major issue opening up an older project today. I went through multiple reinstalls, Adobe CC Cleaner tool, a round with Adobe support because my apps were suddenly not working even after installing (that's another long story) etc. without any remedy before coming to this resolution. A full 5 hours spent on this issue.

At first, I thought it might be Premiere linked comps so I copied the AE project over to my desktop and unmounted the original drive to force a disconnect between the project and any source files. I then opened the AE project without any…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Ability to see outside the camera view in 3d.

It would be very helpful in 3d scenes if you could toggle on off seeing outside the camera view. Being able to see inside the etire viewport with a rectangular shape only showing what will be rendered.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. After Effects error: there was an error processing the pdf

How do I solve this after effects error: there was an error processing the pdf

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base