After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. better way to work with masks in the viewer

Everytime I work with masks in the viewer I end up selecting/moving other layers and I have to reselect the mask which constantly throws me out of my flow. This is really frustrating.
    Please come up with a better way. Maybe add a switch to the viewer that locks everything from being selected other than the current active layer.

3 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Premiere Audio Amplifying

Within Premiere one has the ability to amplify audio, normalize audio, normalize peaks and to set the audio volume. After Effects - sadly - has no comparable features. It would help out a lot though. Especially in times of video producing bots like Templater or CompsFromSpreadsheet.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. April 2018 After Effects loses PNG sequences

This is a bug report (although this web site makes it infuriatingly unclear if this is where bug reports go).

I am seeing behavior in the new version in which projects that contain PNG sequences seem to lose those sequences, giving a cant open dialog for every g..d... piece of media. I can cause the error by simply tabbing to another app and then back into AE. Note that projects open fine with all media and if you dismiss these multiple warning dialogs, everything works fine (of course for some projects, that can be hundreds of dialogs).The error seems to…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Render files in Premiere Pro-supported formats

With Premiere Pro about to discontinue support for 32-bit legacy files, After Effects' render outputs should be formatted in non-legacy file types so they can work hassle-free in PrPro.
    (I haven't had much luck fully retaining alpha channels with non-legacy formats from Ae renders)

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. improve dual xeon

after effects bad improvement on dual xeon machines

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. UI "Not Responding" after very short time or ANY mouse clicks.

The user interface times out in Windows and offers up a "Not Responding" very quickly. The timeout seems to have shortened considerably in CC2018.

There should be a way to run the message queue both from script and from plugins so that clicking on the AE windows doesn't immediately make them stop responding and so that progress can accurately be reported to the user.

I have written this script which highlights the problem. Playing around with various values for 'totalTime' and 'numIterations' really shows off the problem and I have something that seems to work ok as long as updates…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. solicitud de funcion a CUDA O GPU para no tener problemas con trazado de rayo

solicitud de funcion a CUDA O GPU para no tener problemas con trazado de rayo

0 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. I want you to be able to ON / OFF when implementing a new function [新機能実装時にON/OFFができるようにして欲しい]

If you want to add a new function, please add an ONOFF check box etc. so that you can switch to the past function

In that case, please switch on / off the environment setting. In terms of the current functionality, it is the same as the image of expression or GPU selection.

新機能を試したいが過去の機能も使わなければならない時に新機能にはONOFFのすいっちのチェックボックスなどをつけてもらえるとどちらの運用にも対応できるかと思います。

その場合には環境設定にオンオフのスイッチをつけるということが一番スマートかもしれません。現行の機能でいうとエクスプレッションやGPUの選択のイメージと同じです。

0 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Expression error occurs when you reopen a project after acquiring lightning "advanced" direction

Expression error occurs when you reopen a project after acquiring lightning "advanced" direction

・Apply the Lightning (Advanced) effect
    ・Get the "direction" of lightning (altitude) by expression
    ・Reopen the project
    ・Expression error occurred

稲妻(高度)の方向をエクスプレッションで取得した後aepを開き直すと、エクスプレッションエラーが発生する

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. older (CC2018 and earlier) .aep projectfiles causes crash in CC2019 software

Projects that I created in AE CC2018 or earlier (and till then worked fine) can be opened in AE CC2019 and will be converted. I can save without issues. But when I close the project (close, opening another project, or quit AE), then After Effects crashes with "Cannot allocate 0,000 MB of memory (29::3)" errors. Importing older projects in a new empty CC2019 AE project won't help. On top of that; opening such converted project in Audition CC2019 with Dynamic link causes Audition to crash. There seems some kind of incompatibilaty in AE with older projects that causes crashes.

0 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Auto Ducking

Please add an Auto Ducking feature for audio in After Effects! It’s not ****, but it would be soooo useful.

0 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 103 104 105 107 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base