After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Securing project files

It would be amazing if there was a simple way to "lock" a project file. This could come in very handy at the end of a project when archiving or even to limit certain functions of a file.

For instance, once locked, a file can be opened but it can't be exported/rendered unless unlocked. This could be very helpful in the educational realm and for studios once a project has wrapped.

8 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Command + Space Bar Zoom

Would be nice to have AE act the same as PS & AI with the "Command + Space Bar" zooming in & out in composition.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Importing folder of WAVs error "evaw"

Dragging a dropping a folder of .WAV's into the after effects bin no longer works on the latest version 15.0.1.

Error: file 'Folder name here' cannot be imported - files of type "EVAW" cannot be used as sequences.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Bug - Master Properties and toComp() expression

Most expressions linked to a Master Property work properly when the MP is changed across different instances, but a few expression methods like toComp() and fromComp() always act as if the layer being referenced has its original transform data, even if those properties are being changed instance-wise by the Master Properties.

For instance, if in "Comp 1" I put a Beam effect, using the positions of two 3D layers as the endpoints using toComp(), and control the positions of said layers via MP's in "Comp 2" (or control the "Comp 1"s camera position, etc.), the Beam endpoints just stay in…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Lab colorspace

To be able to convert the RGB color space to Lab color space, and work in Lab in AE.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Foreground and Background Layers

Currently working on GUI-simulations.
    And I think of two features that would come in handy"

1 Mark layers as 'Comp Duration', to make sure that these layers will adjust to the Comp duration, even when this is changed (great for Background-layers).

2 Mark layers as 'Always On Top', to prevent from arranging layers all the time: E.g. in a GUI-simulation the Mouse Pointer must be always on top.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Illustrator bug in 4K comps

When animating Illustrator layers in a 4K comp, they sometimes get cut off in weird ways - as if there's a mask there that shouldn't be - and this bug is reflected in the full render as well as the preview. Setting the resolution to half (1080P) or lower displays and renders the image properly. Purging memory/cache, switching GPUs, restarting, working locally only, and trying other machines has not worked. This bug is also present when rendering at full resolution through Media Encoder. My main system is running Windows 10 Pro with a GTX 780 as my display card and…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. A better CINEWARE tool

CINEWARE improvements for a powerful VFX Workflow between After effects and Cinema 4D.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Option-pickwhip to create relative paths to layers and features within the same layer.

This would set up relative paths based on layer index and propertyIndex.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Animation Preset as a Panel

It would be useful to have independent "User Preset" and "Animation Preset" panels, dockable and stackable like the other panels, instead of a folder inside "Effect and Preset" panel.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Please fix the "premultiplied" alpha channel option

There is a bug with premultiplied alpha channels. I found that it is doing the "unpremult" operation in the wrong gamma space, causing dark edges on semi-transparent CGI renderings (like clouds and smoke). Please fix this! Interestingly OpenEXR's do not seem to have this problem.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Brush pen draw in a shape layer

Many AE users are also hand drawn animators and when you have a full set up of an character build in Ae.
    Sometimes in your animation you want draw a keyframe because your set up can not do what you want.
    Sometimes you want to make a build with tradionnal animation...

How it can be:
    When you draw it make a shape layer with a path and you can draw another frames in the same path and made a morph between two keyframe.

You can have effect with onion skin in this layer.

It can be a really a huge…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. bug report

When I open a project in CC2018 that has had footage time-remapped in CC2017 the time remapping is completely messed up and needs to be redone. Can you make it so that the 2018 version doesn't have this issue?

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Turn the Timeline into a Dopsheet

I'm not a huge fan of using the timeline in such intensive way as it is right now as it can get so cluttered with all the twirled open settings. I would rather prefer having dedicated panels for all the individual tasks.

So that we would have a transform panel(much like the transform effect) for altering so settings, a panel for adjusting and animating shape layers/masks, a text panel to add and adjust all those text effects, .....
    As soon as those settings are altered the parameter becomes exposed in the timeline and there you could just adjust the timing…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. After Effects 15.1 update. Text clipped on top from older projects.

In the newest version of After Effects all of my old projects have most the tops of the text-bounding boxes for text I have clipped at the top, I can always hack a fix with line-height and adjusting position, but with projects that have a lot of animated text thin isn't really a viable solution.

This happens on mine as well as a co-worker's computer on various older projects.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. How about we start by getting the apps to run under High Sierra 10.13.4?

After running the latest MacOS update, literally none of my CC apps will open. What the heck Adobe? Earlier this week you announce you are discontinuing one of my favorite apps, and now this? I have projects due!

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. AE 15.1 Bug "After Effect warning: Unable to open file..." if give focus to another program then return back to After Effects

AE 15.1 Bug "After Effect warning: Unable to open file..." if give focus to another program then return back to After Effects. This is on Windows 10. Happens with new and old projects every time focus is changed to another program then back to After Effects. It goes through every file in the project and says it can't open the file, but the project is working fine other than having to click OK to keep closing the warning dialogue.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. AE 15.1 Breaks Pro-Res Support

We just updated two of our Mac Pros to the latest AE 15.1 and it is having problems importing some of our media. These are 1080p pro-res 422 .mov files.

Error is: Source file has no importable streams. Please check that it is a valid video/audio file. (86 :: 1)

If we go back one version of AE the files open fine again, so there is something changing with this update that breaks support for our QT Pro-Res footage, as it is the only variable changing on the system. This issue also occurred when we tested it on an older…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base