After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please give ability for AE to read EXR written by Houdini !!

Please give ability for AE to read EXR written by Houdini !!

3 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Is it possible to rotate the anchor point ? Will be very useful in 3D space.

Is it possible to rotate the anchor point ? Will be very useful in 3D space.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. h264 Issue

I had a major issue opening up an older project today. I went through multiple reinstalls, Adobe CC Cleaner tool, a round with Adobe support because my apps were suddenly not working even after installing (that's another long story) etc. without any remedy before coming to this resolution. A full 5 hours spent on this issue.

At first, I thought it might be Premiere linked comps so I copied the AE project over to my desktop and unmounted the original drive to force a disconnect between the project and any source files. I then opened the AE project without any…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Ability to see outside the camera view in 3d.

It would be very helpful in 3d scenes if you could toggle on off seeing outside the camera view. Being able to see inside the etire viewport with a rectangular shape only showing what will be rendered.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 32 bpc FX (ALL OF THEM)

You could update all the effects to make a precise compatibility between them and 32 bpc footage and compositions.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. After Effects error: there was an error processing the pdf

How do I solve this after effects error: there was an error processing the pdf

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Command + Space Bar Zoom

Would be nice to have AE act the same as PS & AI with the "Command + Space Bar" zooming in & out in composition.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Please fix the "premultiplied" alpha channel option

There is a bug with premultiplied alpha channels. I found that it is doing the "unpremult" operation in the wrong gamma space, causing dark edges on semi-transparent CGI renderings (like clouds and smoke). Please fix this! Interestingly OpenEXR's do not seem to have this problem.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. After Effects error: internal verification failure, sorry! {itemH cannot NULL} ( 5027 :: 82 )

after effects error: internal verification failure, sorry! {itemH cannot NULL} ( 5027 :: 82 )

This is coming up every single time I try to change the 'Particle Type' to a 'Textured Polygon' when using Trapcode Particular.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. change color of shape paths

can't see the path while working on blue shapes

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Fuse Integration

Used Fuse and Photoshop to create 3D characters but it would be phenomenal if these characters could be imported into After Effects and where the AE lights, cameras, and the C4D renderer could be used to composite a scene. Please consider integrating Fuse and After Effects.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. хочу написать жалобу!

Компания , Adobe!
    У меня уже год не работает программа , хотя за неё заплачено за год
    вперёд! Adobe After Effects ! Я к Вам уже не первый раз и не первый год обращаюсь ! Раз Вы не понимаете , то верните мне деньги в полном объёме за год! Мало того я во Всех социальных сетях напишу чтобы Все знали как работает Ваша компания!!!!
    У нас сегодня Праздник -День России! Вы даже не дали мне закончить работу !!!
    Ольга Пичугина!

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Fully customizible Light Wrap with ton's of settings

including inputting a texture, if needed!
    including Adobe Sensei to match to the background!

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Having Titles Made In Premiere Pro Work In After Effects

When creating an After Effects composition from a sequence with Titles from Premiere Pro, the Titles should work in AE,not appear as a solid.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Send a job to Media Encoder from the Render Queue.

I find myself sending jobs to render queue and starting the render and then realizing that I have to make changes on it, so to make the changes I need to stop the render which is not convenient, if there was an option to continue the render on media encoder like ''RightClick on the job rendering - Continue on Media Encoder'' that would be really useful.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow user to change the default mode when creating a mask. (e.g. add, subtract, none)

When I create a mask in After Effects the mask's mode is automatically set to "add". I generally want my masks set to "none" while I am working as I am doing rotoscoping. It would be great if I could choose what the default mode is for newly created masks.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Support for 180° Stereoscopic viewing in Adobe Immersive Environment

Adobe Immersive Environment only supports 360° for Monoscopic and the two Stereoscopic modes of viewing currently. As someone who works with a lot of stereo 180° video, this is disappointing.

I have to convert to 360° over under to view my footage, and doing this in the software slows things down quite a bit.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base