After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. better zoom for large comps

Please increase the internal zoom box value from currently 30000 to something much bigger.

Reason: I work in 12k and larger comps, and the max zoom value is limited to 200%, which is insufficient for detail work. I need to be able to zoom to 400% and 800% in order to be precise.

please add this to the todo wishlist.

related post from 7 (seven!) years ago: https://www.reddit.com/r/AfterEffects/comments/1v15kv/cant_zoom_in_if_the_comp_is_too_big/

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Change Default Render Option to "Queue in AME"

Allow users to choose "Queue in AME" as the default export option rather than "Render". This would standardize it with PPro which has "Queue" selected by default.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. keyframes valuechange

please indicate if there is a valuechange between keyframes.

If there is no value change, use a dashed line.
    If there is a change, use a solid line.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Allow access to Source Text / Value

I remember that some versions ago we could access the 'value' of Source Text via the context menu. But it is grey now, which makes it hard to edit empty text objects (i.e. when those were drive by an expression, but now need to be edited manually). Clicking in the canvas is no serious and reliable option, when the Text Layer already exists.
    Please make this value accessible again.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Don't darken the UI when selecting shape fill color

It's useful to be able to eye drop scripts and extensions in the UI (since you can't even sample the built-in libraries panel hahah) so it would be helpful to not darken out the UI so that you can sample something like the swatcheroo panel. It works if you do this from the timeline, but not the top tool bar.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. No more ugly splash screens please.

Whe we launch After Effects, it could be great if the splash screen would be:

• Beautiful
    • Inspiring
    • In relation with After Effects, somehow.

We're not just users, we're also artists, and our environment is very important to our creativity, we're always looking for new stuff, for inspiration.

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Bug Report: AE Spot Lights and Null objects

Pickwhiping a (Spot Lights) 'Point of Interest' to a 'Null' object fails to attach said value as moving the Null no longer affects the position of 'Point of Interest'.

This bug was introduced in a (CC 2020) update and continues to persist into the current version of CC 2020 and later versions of After Effects.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Beta version - some windows are spawning offscreen.

I'm working in Beta version on MacOS, because its still only version with Apple Silicon support atm.,

you can look at video here: https://youtu.be/FRII4Jp6AbE

When I open after effects and then try to create new composition/solid or something the window opens at the edge of the screen and I have to move it. When I open it second time, its in the same place... so its solved for a while.
    But when I open After Effects again, it is doing the same thing again. Sometimes when I use more screens, the window spawn on other screen and that is very…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Restore Project Panel Folders to Original Twirl-Down State After Search

Make it so that after I search for an item in the After Effects project panel the original folder structure honors the twirl-down state before the search was invoked after I clear the search to restore visibility of the other assets. Stop completely twirling up all the folders I had twirled open before the search. Thank you

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Please give Shapelayers a proper UI

We desperately need a proper, accessible UI for Shapelayers.

Shapelayers are such an essential basic tool for every Motion Designer, but the handling is a shere nightmare.

Having to go through 4 (!) dropdowns in the cryptic layer settings to simply edit a path or grab a point is no way to work. Seriously!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Show version name in About panel

It's hard to find out which Ae version is running. Only the behind the scenes version number and build are show, not the CC name.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Jan, could you please elaborate what you mean by “CC name”?

A couple of years ago, Creative Cloud apps like After Effects stopped using the “CC 20XX” branding. We generally refer to the different versions by their technical version number (in your screenshot, 18.4.1), or by the year and month of release (18.4 = August 2021).

We realize that this can be a little bit confusing, which is why the latest release of After Effects has been versioned as 22.0. This will align it with our coming releases in the year 2022. The other Adobe video and audio apps, like Premiere Pro, have also aligned their version numbers in this way, making it the first time Pr, AE, AME, and Au are all on the same version number! Easy peasy.

12. Add a Setting to Change the Location of the Adobe Folder

This is a Creative Cloud app request. Right now Creative Cloud creates an Adobe folder in the Documents folder on Mac (and the My Documents folder on Windows). There's no way to change the location. Adobe is not the only software maker guilty of doing this, so the Documents folder on my Mac is a cluttered mess of proprietary folders. I like keeping my files very organized, and it's annoying that I can't change the location of the Adobe folder. (Also, I've read in forums that some users sync their Documents folder between devices, and the presence of the Adobe…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. The Responsive Design intro moves to the cursor

When I try to stretch the layer from the beginning it is the display of the Responsive Design area that comes.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Bruno,

Thanks for filing this bug. We're aware of the problem, and the bug is awaiting review by our developers.

This problem can be caused by any marker sitting on the first frame of a layer, not just a Responsive Design – Time marker on a pre-comp. The issue is that when After Effects checks what objects are under the mouse, it finds the marker first. This is especially problematic for Responsive Design – Time markers, because they are meant to move with the layer.

Until the bug is fixed, you can work around the problem by moving the Responsive Design – Time marker out of the way, stretching the layer as desired, and then right-click on the layer bar and choose Markers > Update Markers From Source. (Alternately, you can modify the stretch and in/out values for the layer in the In/Out/Duration/Stretch columns of the Timeline panel. They're…

14. Changeable UI font size

To be able to change the UI font size.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Alt Drag to copy Gradient Knots

In some gradients multple knots with the same color values are needed. Please add a way to copy knots fast and easy - most logical: Alt and Drag.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 22.2.0 Mercury Transmit Bug?

22.2.0 Mercury Transmit Display Quality Degraded

Display/rendering quality of Mercury Transmit has been degraded in AE 2022. This issue has persisted on my system throughout version 2022. References between 2021 and 2022 have been attached.

In these references, a 1920x1080 comp is being displayed through Transmit on a 2560x1440 monitor. Before the 2022 update, the image quality has a smooth, anti-aliased display on the Transmitted monitor. In 2022, the image quality is pixelated, specifically around the edge quality of the example text.

Oddly enough, even testing a 2560x1440 comp on the same screen will result in a pixelated, aliased image.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Simplify Timeline Columns Context Menu

Suggestion: from the Timeline header columns context menu, move the columns submenu into the main menu. There’s nearly nothing in the primary menu, if you’re opening this, it’s because you’re changing the columns headers. Let’s save some mouse mileage.

Proposed mockup attached.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Center anchor point for each group transform in a shape layer

There is no automatic way to center an anchor point for each transform group inside a shape layer. I need to select each group using "Y" (Pan Behind) and move it's anchor to the center of each shape group, because After effects put all. of then in the center of the layer (the group of all shape layers groups inside a shape layer. So, it's time to have this option and a shortcut to do it all in a row right?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Output Folder render token

The render token for automated naming of the output file are great. Please add "Output Folder" as an option.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Comp window "used X times" navigation dropdown bug?

I love, and always use the "used X times" dropdown at the top of the comp window, but recently the choices seem to be randomly grayed out half the time. I can't determine if anything else effects this behavior. Thanks!

(macOS 11.5.2)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base