After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Hello, is it possible to get more space in the Comment Function in Essential Graphics?

In Essential Graphics in the comment function you can only read one line of text at a time. To explain more complex content it would be good to have a window that grows with the entered text and where you don't have to scroll. Because an end customer hardly understands what is important.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Bug Report - Preview Resolution Changes Raw Images Gamma in "Linear Working Space"

Since a couple of updates I've had this weirdest glitch.

On imported RAW images, when the preview resolution is set to anything less than "Full", the layer's gamma suddenly gets waaaaay off.
    This only happens if "Linearize Working Space" is checked in Project Settings.
    I've also reproduced this bug with .dng instead of .RAF, so the RAW image format does not seem to matter.

Currently using AE 18.1 on windows 10, Camera Raw is up to date and this glitch happens whether GPU acceleration is on or off.
    Unfortunately I can't seem to find on which version thig bug appeared,…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Zoom control whilst in Effect Control Panel

I'm often tweaking stuff in the Effect Control panel and wanting to look at the changes zoomed in and out, but the keyboard shortcuts for zooming in and out only work when the timeline or comp window is selected. Please make the keyboard shortcuts work whilst the Effect Control Panel is active.
    Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. DE: Tweak german category names for BlurAndSharpen so that effects appear in one category

In the German UI, effects for “Blur and Sharpen” appear in two distinct categories, „Weich- und Scharfzeichnen“ and „Weich- & Scharfzeichnen“, the former containing the “CC”-prefixed effects (Premiere Pro), the latter all the others (Media Core).
    This is neither helpful, nor is it probably intended.

Fortunately, there's a simple fix:
    The After Effects Dictionary for the German language (Support Files/Dictionaries/de_DE/after_effects_de_DE.dat) needs to be updated so that the values for “$$$/MediaCore/FiltersAndEffects/Category/BlurAndSharpen” and “$$$/PremierePro/AEEffect/Category/BlurAndSharpen” are aligned.

Best regards

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Hardware support must last longer

Two years ago I purchased a top-of-the-range HP laptop for my Adobe work and today it seems Adobe don't care about supporting it.

I know RTX has come out in the last two years and I can confirm my workstation that has an RTX Quadro 4000 runs Adobe without issue - But I need that to be busy rendering 3D.

Meanwhile my Non-RTX laptop cannot run After Effects anymore, despite HP advertising it as "for use with Creative Cloud." It used to work with Adobe, but not any more.

I know Adobe will say, "Upgrade the laptop" but here in…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. BUG: Item tags (colors) reset automatically in AE Team Projects

Every time my team opens a team project, the color tags we have set for items in our project reset to their default color. Not all tags are reset, but probably 90% of them are.

This happens no only when sharing new edits but even when one person simply closes and re-opens AE.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Render Push Notifications via Mobile Device

Rendering is a part of the experience we all just sit around waiting for. We want to be able to take a nap or go get some food without worrying my render has failed or that my computer is just sitting there when I have deadlines.

Introduce a function via Adobe CC perhaps that would allow you to track and notify you about the completion of renders in After Effects, Premiere or Media Encoder.

Here is a concept video designed to give you some ideas: https://youtu.be/G9kQEchDun0

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Mobile notifications for renders are now in public beta! They’re available in build 18.4×37 or later. You’ll also need the Creative Cloud app on iOS or Android.

If you haven’t used the public beta before, you can download today’s release in the Creative Cloud desktop app. Look for the “Beta Apps” tab on the left side. The public beta installs right alongside your release builds and projects are compatible so you can go back and forth as needed.

Looking forward to your feedback! You can share your thoughts in our beta forum here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects-beta/render-queue-notifications-now-available-in-18-4x37/m-p/12131167

8. content aware

Content Aware Fill panel does not show "Create Reference Frame" and "Generate Fill Layer" buttons.

P.S. The attached screenshot shows the interface in portuguese language.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Hitting Enter ↵ should close theEdit Marker dialogue

As someone who creates markers ALL the time in After Effects, it's really annoying when I edit a marker, type in the marker name and hit enter for it to jump down a line rather than close and apply the edit, as expected. I doubt anyone writes marker names with mulitple lines?

It takes my hands off the keyboard to close the dialogue box and this all adds up to wasted time.

It's a small fix, for a small issue but it annoys me every day.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. BUG. Tangent Handles STILLbeing selected all the way along the handle, so point cannot be moved

I have been waiting some time now but it does not seem to be being addressed.
    Mask tangents and effect tangents in eg mesh warp occassionally will only select the tangent handle and not the point, meaning the point cannot be moved.
    I do not know if this is a HiRes display issue 5120x2160 but it is basic functionality that needs fixing.
    Latest nvidia studio drivers.
    restarting sometimes fixes it temporarily

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Preventing folders upon folders of autosaves

Sometimes, due to unstable workflows, or whatever reason, After Effects crashes. If you have auto save on, then this isn’t a big deal, but sometimes when I open an auto save, I forget to save it as the original project. This leads to a sub folder in the auto save folder, for auto saves of the auto saves...

It would be cool if when opening an auto save (maybe after sensing an improper shutdown) After Effects gave a dialogue box that asks if you want to save as the original.

This would likely prevent nested auto save folders and reduce…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. expression access to Media Replacement Source - Aware

The end user of a MoGRT would benefit if one could detect whether the Media has been REPLACED (this is handy for multiple media inputs where you potentially could replace some and the MoGRT would gie you the oportunity to choose how many of its inputs for Media are used) and by returning that data the MoGRT developer could set up it so the animation would change accordinally to the amount of inputs replaced.

Right now I have a slider that you have to manually set up each time to tell the MoGRT engine how many are of the inputs…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Public BETA Mask and Shape Cursor Indicators: Please add a keyboard shortcut to switch between “Tool creates Shapes/Masks”

It would be great if users could change the behavior to create shapes or masks with the pen or shape tools selected on the fly with a keyboard shortcut instead of moving the cursor up to the tool bar. Maybe with the ALT/OPT key as a modifier. Thank you!

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. After effects y Ilustrator compatibilidad

Buenas tardes after effects al importar archivos de ilustrator los scala cuando se abre una nueva composición este problema tiene solución, o de ahora en adelante necesita una nueva configuración?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Auto-rename Selectors for Text Animators

Text Animators are super powerful but they can become very cumbersome as you start to stack and combine them. Thankfully, there's a small QoL feature that already exists with the Shape Layers that could be borrowed over to our friends the Text Animators.

Name your Text Animator, and the Range Selector appends that name – Shape Layers do something similar! 😊

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Bug: Moving between screens with different scaling

When click-dragging a property's numerical value (e.g. position or scale), if the mouse cursor crosses onto a screen with a different scaling setting in Windows Display Setttings to the one with AE in it, the value jumps. The bigger the difference in scaling, the bigger the jump.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. DE: Wrong UI translation for “tab”

In the After Effects UI, the German tool tip string for the Mini Flow Chart reads as „Kompositions-Mini-Flussdiagramm (Registerkarte)“.

The German noun „Registerkarte“ is the right translation for the English term “tab” when it means a tab of a folder or a row of tabs in the UI, not when referring to the tab key. In the latter case the correct translation is „Tabulator“.

The value of $$$/AE/Timeline/Tooltip/OpenMiniFlowchart in Support Files/Dictionaries/de_DE/after_effects_de_DE.dat needs to be changed accordingly.

Best regards

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. When Double Clicking on Mask/Shape layers in the toolbar, hold a modifier key to constrain to a 1:1 ratio

When double-clicking on a rectangle or oval Path Creator icon in the toolbar, it creates a centered shape to fit the bounds of the composition. I would love the ability to hold a modifier key to create a 1x1 shape that fits the bounds, i.e. a centered square or circle. There's almost no easy way to do this otherwise.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 3d controls

The new 3d control as of After Effect v.17.5 are way too bulky and obstruct the viewport. Please include a legacy control axis or an option to scale the control axis.
    Most projects have enough clutter without huge child safe 3d axis controls filling the viewport.

(yes I realize you can toggle the view of the controls on an off, but that isn't very helpful as you are working.)

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Support for Media Replacement controls in Dynamically linked mogurt

The media replacement feature of mogurts is fantastic, but it doesn't work for a lot of effects and plugins that require Dymanic Link to work properly.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base