After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. "More Option" in interpret Footage settings

Hello,
    I have a issue in the interpret settings the (''more options'') is not highlighted. The (''more options'') is not enabling in the interpret footage. My file format is a MP4 Video File.
    Can anyone tell me how to enable the (''more options'') because in my footage after i opened the file there is green screen flickering and I founded the solution on YouTube in which it is saying to click and open the (''more options'') button to fix the green screen flickering issue.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. font preview with selected text like in Illustrator! (instead of the word "sample")

I keep running into the issue where I'm looking for a font that has a specific shape of specific letters which I can't see when I only get a preview of the letters S A M P L and E. Please give us choices what to display, Illustrator does this perfectly. (side note: the Photoshop feature to filter serif, non-serif and monospace separately is also a godsend)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Import naming conventions

Hi there, small one, but I would like to have an option for retaining the exact naming of imported layers on illustrator files. Currently it appends every layer with the illustrator file name (which I understand), but sometimes that's very long (depending on what I have called it).
    It also is a hassle when you have created very specifically your names in illustrator to have them lengthened upon import.
    Even if in the preferences (under import) you could specify 'Exact layer names' as a check box. And possibly add an option to append each file with filename or date or…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Shortcut keys 1,2, and 3 on the main keyboard now used by 3D

I always use the shortcut keys 1,2, 3 and so on from the main keyboard (not the numbers keyboard) to jump to my respectively marked markers (i.e. marker "1", "2", "3" etc..)

The recent updates to AE have caused these shortcut keys to be taken over by other functions, namely camera navigation functions as per the screenshot I've attached. These shortcuts are now automatically assigned to these functions and one has to manually disable these in the 3D menu in the Preferences menu. This is quite frustrating as every time I update AE I have to remember that I have…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. marker comment color should not always black

when you setting a label color in totally black
    and assign it to a marker color,
    the marker comment will not be recognize

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. darker Transparency Grid similar to Adobe Illustrator

The current bright transparency grid is too harsh on the eyes at night. Allow an option to choose a darker transparency grid like Adobe Illustrator’s.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. disabled parameter can be modified

I've just found out, that it's possible to change disabled parameters using graph editor:

one selects one or multiple keyframes of the disabled parameter in timeline and then in graph editor one sees a curve that corresponds to the parameter. Then I can delete, move keyframes etc. (It's important to select keyframe dragging mouse, not just clicking on the keyframe)
    Is it a bug or it's by design?

I've expected that disabled parameter can't be changed from UI.

In attachment step by step example with one of default effects

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Missing curent render information v.2020

Missing Important function (curent render information show when click "current render"):

In the latest version of the program (2022), information about the currently rendered item is missing.

See the picture.

This feature saved the project a couple of times by pinpointing the layer in the composition that was causing the problem.
    Please restore functions.

Regards.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Adobe Media Icons - All Purple...Please fix, I don't like scanning icons when I'm in a rush.

Adobe An, Ae, Au, Pr and Ae are all purple. I'm tired of accidentally clicking the wrong answer, Trebek (oooh sorry) and having to force shut down and click the next icon.

This table of elements quiz and answer to which icon is the software is redundant and weary.

Red used to = Animate (at least)

Please have branding segment: image | motion | video | audio

Thanks for reading

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Sort files by insertion time

I've just downloaded a bunch of stock footage, and when imported it into AE i realised that I can't view them by insertion time (like the computer file explorer). Is it possible to add a column in the project file list to sort by import time?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Grid view of project files in After Effects just like Premiere Pro

As an Adobe user across the various softwares such as AE and PR I found it difficult to keep track after my project files in AE. I need to select each and every file in the enormous list of imported files just to preview it. This process take lots of time and it could be great if the UI could support this function

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Display Options

In the Display Options, add a checkbox for the Anchor Point so that you can hide the Handles while keeping the Anchor Points displayed. In this configuration the Snapping tool would only be able to snap on the Anchor Points and not on the Handles.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. A wider zoom slider in the timeline window

So many zoom options in After Effects but none that actually zooms in small steps or is easy to increase/decrease. The zoom slider in the timeline window is like 2cm wide but the scroll slider to the right of it is about 20cm. I would love it if you made the Zoom slider like 3 times wider so I can be more precise while zooming? That would be great! :)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Keyboard Shortcut „Reveal Properties with Animation“

I would like to ad a Shortcut for „Reveal Properties with Animation“. However this Command does not show up in the Keyboard Shortcuts Editor.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Proper expression debugging

Ideally coupled with a floating/docking expression window that can be pinned to specific expression instances, and a unified list of expressions used throughout project.

• Variable watch
    • Breakpoints & code stepping
    • Value peeking/intellisense on mouse-over
    1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Box-select a group of keyframes and have the timeline zoom to fit that range.

When comps get large and you need to work on one region in detail, be able to box-select some keys and hit a hotkey to zoom the timeline view to that region (with a few frames beyond either side of first/last key)

Option-hotkey to also trim work area to that range in one step.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Bezier Warp's handles/tangents should follow points/vertices

Unlike every other Bezier control in the Adobe world, when I move a Bezier Warp Vertex, its associated handles (Tangents) do not follow it. Could we please have an option (a checkbox in the effect's control panel would be perfect) to enable this to happen? It's really annoying having to move a point, then each one of its handles, and leads to unwanted distortions.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Button to create null objects and adjustment layers

Quick search field in the timeline is so big... It would be great to have buttons in that area (reducing the search field size) to create nulls and adjustment layers with a mouse click. Also, it would be great the NULL to have the option to link selected layers directly clicking on the button.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Speculative Preview: A way to disable it

My scenes are intense. letting it do it's thing will fill up 128 GB of ram in no time. Having to purge memory every time i come back to AE has given me carpal tunnel. AT LEAST have it respect the skip frame setting. I set my work area very specifically to account for RAM availability at a particular skip frame.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. XP-PEN can't select text color

I'm using the XP-PEN Deco 03 Tablet in Osx Big SuR. When I press in the color box in the Character toolbox it doesn`t display the color picker, neither i can't switch to the stroke color, i have to click these boxes using the mouse.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base