After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Align Layers to shortcuts

every Button and action should have a possible shortcut. For example, there is no possibility to manually do this for "Align Layers to".

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 3d options not available on 4k monitor scaled to 150% (BUG)

Running AE 18.1.0 (Build 38) on Windows 10. Using a laptop with a 4k monitor connected. AE is running on the 4k monitor, and the monitor is scaled to 150% via Windows Display Settings.

I created a comp with 3D layers in it, but the 3D buttons/options that are normally in the comp panel do not show up (3D Fast Draft, Camera Selection, 3D View Layout, etc). I am aware that in this most recent version, the 3D options only show up when a comp with 3D layers is active. This is not the issue I'm having. If I drag…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for filing this bug. We have been able to verify that the 3D controls in the Composition panel toolbar won’t draw correctly on Windows in two cases:
    1. Changing the display scaling of the monitor while AE is active.
    2. Moving AE (or possibly just the Comp panel) to a monitor with a different display scaling factor.

The result in both cases is that when AE calculates where the 3D controls should be drawn, it’s not factoring the change in display scale and it’s drawing them in the wrong place. If the display scale increased, there are fewer pixels to work with so the 3D controls either get cut off or disappear. If the display scale decreased, the 3D controls are all there but they get an extra margin on the right.

The workaround is to restart AE, so that the 3D controls read the display scale correctly…

3. The ability to Lock paths - like masks - inside Shape layers.

The ability to Lock paths - like masks - inside Shape layers. This would be useful for character animation with overlapping paths, making selection easier and more precise with complex rigs.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Get rid of 'More Options' button in Interpret Footage

Since... well, forever... the 'More Options' button in the Interpret Footage dialog has only ever been applicable to Vector footage (Illustrator/EPS) and then has only ever contained one parameter, the antialiasing quality (correct me if I'm wrong?) As such, it's dumb to have to click a button just to open up ANOTHER dialog that only contains 1 option.

Please move the Antialiasing menu out into the main footage dialog, replacing the More Options button. Ghost it when it's not applicable like everything else.

See attached mockup.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for filing this request.

The More Options button is used for more than vector files. The most common use case is for raw video formats, such as RED, Arri, Sony, Canon, etc. There are some other cases, but I don’t have them catalogued in my brain.

What I’m hearing from you is that the step to get to specific settings for AI/EPS files is an extra click that you’d rather not do. There’s a variety of ways I imagine we could solve this in the UI, everything from trying to make the Interpret Footage dialog accommodate footage-specific custom panels (difficult), to a more accessible menu command for the More Options button, or something else entirely.

In your ideal world, how would you like to see this work in the UI?

5. Motion Tracking Overhaul

We need a complete rework of Motion Tracking and the tracking UI. I'm a Visual Effects artist and use the tracking features of AE daily. I wide up using Mocha for most things because AE's tracking system is in dire need of improvements. Not sure I can remember the last time these features were touched.
    1. Tracking controls should be in the footage window, not a separate tab, this makes it easy to ~ key the footage window and full screen the entire shot. tracking occurs in the footage window, the settings should be in there as well.
    2. CENTER…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Real time update color bar in Hue/Saturation

When dragging the virtual sliders to change numbers in Hue/Saturation Effect / Colorize mode, the color bar in the effect panel is only updated when the mouse button is released.
    This doesn't allow easy and intuitive color manipulation.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Bring the Primary Viewer button back

Can you please bring the Primary Viewer button back? I realize it's tucked into each viewers' pulldown menu but it's time consuming to have to constantly click through menus when it's so much easier to click a button. Why was the button removed? It's not crowded with icons on the viewer windows. When working with dual monitors and both main/precomps, having the button readily available is a must.

Please return the button.

Thank you!
    Craig C.
    (Professional AE user since 1997)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Bug: Move time to preview time broken after newest update (April 14 2021)

Move time to preview time seems to be broken after the newest update (April 14 2021)

I used this feature daily to fast preview animations, and I could watch the blue scrubber pass over the audio waveform and stop it where I wanted. The newest patch has broken this functionality. The play head no longer stops where you stop it, it now goes back to where it started when you began the preview, no matter if this option is checked in Preview settings.

Update: Duplicating and deleting some layers seems to have fixed it initially, but the problem is intermittent…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add a dark mode for both the menu and the title bar [Windows 10]

While (on Windows 10) there is a workaround for the title bar, this is a) not exactly optimal and b) does NOT encompass the menu bar.

This has been requested by lots of After Effects users in various forums, so let's make it official and finally get this feature out.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. [BUG] Timeline indicator drag screwed up with 18.4.1

See video attached. The display is now freaking out when dragging the thing while holding shift.

Video: A) normal drag B) dragging with shift.

😕

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 8 bit warning pop up on all effects

If I click an effect in the effects control panel where the warning icon appears for '8-bit only' effects, I get the pop up attached, even on full 32bpc effects.

Seems to be a UI bug

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Time Ruler Bug

The Time Ruler bug I read about from 2017 is still happening in my app. I'm unable to see the Time Ruler in seconds. in Ae current version

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. After Effects Multiple Views is buggy and not working

I have updated my after effects into v18.4 and when I switch my view into 2 or 4, the viewer is buggy
    I've been eperiencing this problem since the 18.0 release

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Slow... Laggy... After... Effects... Workflow

I'm going to type my complaint in the same format that Adobe after effects allows me to work:

I

Can't

Get

Anything

Done

Without

The

Application

Freezing

Or

Hanging

Every

Or

So

Minutes.

This

is

the

same

machine

that

spat

out

simultaneous

renders

from

After

Effects

DaVinci Resolve, Blender and Unreal Engine, last month (these products get their own line because I don't have to wait for them nearly as much as I do for After effects now.
    After Effects started doing this thing today where I can't use the machine or any other apps (including web…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  4 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Use graphic's name as it appears in CC Libraries when adding to AfterEffects

Currently, when adding a PSD graphic from CC Libraries to an Aftereffects project, the name of the PSD's top layer is used as the Source Name. Instead, use the name as it appears as in CC Libraries.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Increase Font Size on UI

The font size after long hours on AE is too small. After spending long days on the program, having bigger font would help.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Hand tool in Render Queue

The keyboard shortcut for the hand tool (space, or "h"), no longer works in the render queue window.
    This is a faster way to scroll through the list of renders instead of using the scrollbar.
    Selecting the hand tool icon still works.
    version 18.1.0

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. restart button for restarting the entire app under file menu

There exists an Exit option under the file menu. but it would be a huge timesaver to have a Restart option so Adobe apps can Restart by itself appropriately and systematically without having the need to manually do it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Please migrate Output Templates automatically

Each update, I loose all my Templates. Why aren't those migrated automatically?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base