After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make an option to revert the user interface to an older version's UI

It might just be me, but the older versions of AE have way better buttons and fonts. The current version looks modernized to me, which some people might like, but I for one would really love to be able to use CC 2015's UI. This is my biggest wish with AE

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Is preview window tearing going to be fixed one day or is it forever with us?

Hi!

Preview window in my AE is terribly tearing. I have a Gygabite Aero 15 4K OLED RTX 3060 KD laptop, updated drivers, tried NVidia Vsync on and off, still tearing is terrible. It's so frustrationg, hard to work loking at that awful picture for a creator. And not a sign of it in any other application. Except for Adobe Premiere Pro. Same thing there. Rendered file is OK, but working with such a terrible picture on a 2 500 USD laptop is a shame. I wait for this bug to be fixed with every next update, but it's there.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Integrate Creative Cloud notifications when rendering with Frame.io, along with showing real time rendering info

With Frame.io's ability to render queued and active comps, please integrate the Creative Cloud notifications when rendering.
    And also have the real-time rendering information shown when rendering inside Frame.io.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Change text of "Migrate Settings" modal, bc it is confusing

Every time, after an update, the software asks me if I want to migrate my settings, I'm lost. Which version am I currently at? Is the highlighted one the latest? Are these two old versions? – No major deal, but confusing. (And I have the feeling it never migrates anything)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add "fit with padding" to composition window.

It would be great if you had the option within the composition window to "fit with padding" and then set the padding in your preferences. I often like a little breathing room around my composition to grab handles for masks and things like that. I hate having to constantly adjust when this could be an automatic feature.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Return UI to customize markers

I would like to bring the old user interface for markers back to the new version of After Effects.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. essential graphics

Make dropdown menus in Essential Graphics Window more narrow. The current layout has menus far too wide and so to be able to see full window it takes up too much of the screen. Ideally the whole layout would have custom width like in timeline for Source Name, etc.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Contextual Highlight connected (parented/linked) layers

When you click on a layer it would be nice to have the corresponding layers that are parented/linked highlight. Maybe an alternate color or dim highlight. That way when you have hundreds of layers you can easily see what will be affected by rapid changes.
    (maybe even pick whip linked or script linked too?)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Liquify effect UI bug

When using Liquify effect, as soon as we move in the image using the middlemouse button in the viewport, the little hand appears to allow us to move but we do not change back to the liquify tool when we release the middlemouse button.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Bug: Tutorial file doesn't work right: "Render video for Youtube"

New to After Effects. Trying to follow one of the tutorials found on the Home page, Render video for Youtube. First step is to download a sample file to practice with. OK downloaded AND extracted to a folder. I tried opening the project file into AE, CREATE Logo.aep (the space is part of the file name) and it said it would take 33 mins to convert from something Macintosh something. I tried previewing this file and get nothing. The project file is now called CREATE Logo (converted).aep (spaces included). Several inscrutable error messages prevented me from doing anything (not sure…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Make motion blur switch turn off cc force motion blur.

When I turn off motion blur via the toggleable switch, cc force motion blur remains on. This can be very laggy and all I want to do is temporarily turn the motion blur off without going through each layer, possibly forgetting to turn them back on again.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Make Poster Frame/Thumbnail bigger

Now that 4K and higher resolution screens are commonplace, the Poster Frame/Thumbnail in the Project Panel is often really small. It'd be nice to be able to right-click it (or use a new option in the little Project menu, underneath Thumbnail Transparency Grid maybe) and set it to a larger size.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Keyframe Animation Indicator

Allows users to see which keyframes are animating between two different values and which keyframes have the same value on a layer property.

This would speed up work flow as users would quickly be able to see which layers and properties are animating at a given time.

Users can toggle this option in Preferences.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. BRING BACK THE LIGHT THEME UI

Please bring back the option to choose the type of theme we want to use in the UI, the dark theme makes it very hard to use in the daytime, and personally, it makes my vision hurt after a couple of hours of work.
    I just know a lot of people think the same as me, please do it, after all the option had been in the software for years before.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Import assets from Libraries

I'd like when I import an asset from Libraries to the Project panel to be dragged into a folder I choose instead of going outside. Also, even if I renamed an asset it will be imported with the name Artwork1.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add checkbox in preferences to disable "import dialogue box" appearing, once double clicked in Project window

Add checkbox in preferences to disable "import dialogue box" if user double-clicks in Project window. SOOOO ANNOYING!!!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Dropdown for shutter angle like exposure

I saw the exposure slider in the latest AE beta and I think that this would also be good to use for shutter speed. I can never really tell what I want my shutter angle to be until I've actually set the project in motion, in which going into the composition menu is pretty tedious.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. After Effects: Condense Comp Tabs with Long Names

Often enough I am working on a project where the comps have long names. When working on many comps at once, the length of the names makes it so that you see less of your open comps in the timeline area. It would be so useful if those comp tabs could be renamed (not renaming the comps, just the tabs) for organization purposes. For example I could shorten comps with long names to nickname references like comp1, comp2, comp3, etc.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. PEN TOOL IS STILL BROKEN IN 2022

WHOEVER thought of changin the Pen Tool behaviour in AE should be fired. IMMEDIATELY!!!!

Make it work like it was working before – with modifyer keys, so one could bezier stuff like Illustrator pen tool (when "Disable Auto Add/Delete" option is NOT active in preferences. That "feature" is actually more like a bug...)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Include pt_EffectSearch - search any effect from the project window

When you use a render farm and it fails because of an effect buried somewhere in the project it would be great to be able to search for all instances of said effect. Rather than manually going through a colossal project. Or having to delete the effect so that AE reports it as missing.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base