After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Squash and Stretch

I'm failing to see the Squash and Stretch plug-in appear after clicking the menu option to open it within After Effects because of the "problem with Adobe's CEP panel installation that occurs on a few systems - most likely due to file permission issues."

I am submitting "a bug report to Adobe - since it is their installation process that fails here and only they can make sure it does not happen in the first place."

AE 22, build 111
    Windows 10 (recent update)

Thank you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Request: Shortcuts for Graph Editor Tools

Please make all of the Graph Editor’s tools and context menus accessible via custom shortcuts. Make Speed Graph and Value Graph a toggle, so one can easily switch between them with the same command.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. frame alignment

when I change frame rate of composition and nested composition I get frame alignment issue on timeline. when I try to shift layers with shaded timeline bar it doesn't align with it but if I try it with keyboard shortcut it's done. Is it a bug? I have attached two images to understand the situation. first image can explain the issue and another one is when I have used keyboard shortcut '[' to align the layer with timeline frame.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. How about a keyboard shortcut for scrubbing the timeline?

In C4D, if you hold the J key and click/drag, you can scrub through your timeline. No need to click on the playhead - you can click anywhere in the timeline or viewer. Super handy. Let's add that to AE! (unless it's already here and I'm unaware)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Please make te home screen less rigid.

The home screen completely blocks MacOS. Creating a new Safari window results in a window behind the home screen.
    Annoying.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Navigate down/upstream in Flow Chart via Back/Forward key on Mouse or custom keys

It would be a great feature to add since travelling up or down the flowchart ie. in and out of pre-comps is very mouse dependant and requires you to physically move the mouse to press the comp you want to go in and out of. Whereas if you could have a custom key to do this you could move way quicker upstream/downstream the flowchart and keep the mouse closer to the timeline/effects area.

I am aware of the Tab Key function. The problem is it requires way too much motor function to press the blue arrow that then only loads…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Fix the script limitation hotkeys?

Can I get any help on this!!?? Not sure how to get any support! My scripts are not showing anymore and my script set is used very often! The ExecuteMenuItems are not working anymore, and it doesn't get to 20? 20 is already limiting and after affects also has 12 scripts on the default app folder! If you're on multiple sites without IT only leaves you around 6 if they all work!? Can I get any help to fix for this? Not sure how else get adobe support!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. make a new After Effects from scratch, with updated code and integrate current patches, optimizations and addons more fully and trim fat

I'm not the only one having issues, right? like, I'm running a 1070ti card, and a top of the line CPU from a small while after the 1070ti released, and I'm booting from an SSD and so on, I know it's not exactly a workstation, but it's better than most current apple devices still- So why is all of this taking up so much space on RAM, and beyond that, taking up to a minute to load, then taking another few seconds to open a blank file? I know it's not my installation, I reinstalled several times, but as far…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. A Slider's "Edit Range" should include increments for arrow keys

When I click on a value in AE or Premiere and use the keyboard up/down arrow keys to increment/decrement it, it sometimes changes by 0.1, sometimes 1, sometimes 10 and sometimes 100. It'd be lovely to be able, when editing the range of a slider, to specify the increment amounts of arrow keys and shift-arrow keys, and for this amount to survive a mogrt export into Premiere.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Search/filter in Effect Controls

Please add a search/filter bar to the Effect Controls panel to make finding parameters quicker and easier. Twirling down endless nested categories many plugins have is tiresome, slow and unnecessary.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. solo and lock

solo and lock button for layer/s you are working on, this will solo the layer/s you are working on and lock all other layers. The ability to solo and lock 1 layer or multiple layers and have solo and locked button able to toggle it on and off. As well as solo and lock you could have a way of locking all other layers while you work on selected layers that need to be unlocked minus solo so its a fully working composition eliminating having to click different layers and have them move when you make a mistake. This can…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. BUG: AE 8.2.1 on macOS 11.4 on MacPro6,1 2 AMD FireProD700

if one is moving a Layer in the Composition View it wiggles around.
    if you build a motion path with the layer it wiggles around until the preview is rendered.
    if you put of "Hardware Accelerate Composition, Layer and Footage Panels" it gets much better but is still present. This shows on our MacPro6,1 an on our iMac17,1. On newer hardware such as iMac19,1 it is not present.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Issue with text files

This is an issue with text files. I have to *.txt files, one had a single line of text and the other one had more than one line. When importing these in AE the first file was detected as "corrupted" while the second one loaded without a problem.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. while consolidation add skip option for some footages that we don't want to collect but it should be in ae as unlinked file.

while consolidation add skip option for some footages that we don't want to collect but it should be in ae as unlinked file, because it takes too much time to collect footages which we can be simply linked to it later from our source footage location.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. *** Ability to adjust interface font size ***

My eyes are getting destroyed attempting to read the interface on a 5K monitor. I have to physically lean into the screen to read some of it. Other applications are fine, just AE is using a font size smaller than what's on my phone. When my eyes get tired, AE becomes an extremely difficult piece of software to use.
    This is 2021, many of us are using larger higher resolution screens. We need this flexibility!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Master audio volume

I would like to have a master volume knob for audio that does not effect rendered audio levels. Just for convenience, when Ae is used while listening to music or podcasts.

In fact, this slider is already included, it just does not work.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Adobe Splash screens - a visual horror show

Remove all splash screen imagery

Why does Adobe insist on incuding some of the worst imagery imaginable in their splash screens? As a 'pro' user being exposed to this tripe many times a day is incredibly annoying. Why in fact do we need any kind of image on the splash screen - just a simple logo as before was enough surely. We are all exposed to too much visual pollution these days as it is - having to see it in my work environment is infurating and distracting.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. dont trigger save dialogue when project is empty

since the last version ae triggers the save dialogue even when the project is empty, eg when i open the first project. really annoying for large project i want to open and then leave it for a minute, but then theres this dialogue in the back which prevents it from actually opening the project.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base