After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Drag composition length to the right

Intuitively, dragging the End of a composition to the right should make it's duration longer.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Labels and Folders in Effect controls panel

Having the ability to organize and label effects inside of the effect control panel. The folders should have a primarily organizational function and not necessarily operational.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Close without saving

I do not always want to save my project!
    Please allow me to close the application without saving!
    Windows11 / latest AE
    Strange new behaviour forces me to save.
    It is like not being allowed to leave a restraunt unless you finish your plate!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Ability to Edit Paths even when Expressions are on

Currently, if a path (mask or shape) has an expression set and active, it is not possible to edit or even select that path in the comp window.

It would be EXTREMELY useful if we could still access the underlying mask path and edit it. Maybe show the underlying path, with a ghosted version of the post-expression version.

I use a lot of expressions that alter the underlying mask path, and everytime I want to change them, I have to toggle the expression, which is pretty irritating.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Don't close active project when "Open Project" Dialog opens

Simply clicking "Open Project" or hittinh CTRL+O immediately unloads the currently loaded project, regardless of loading another one or simply closing the dialog again.
    I think this behavior is wrong, since I didn't tell AFX to close the current project and have not loaded another project at this point.
    The current active Project should only be unloaded if AFX loads another one or I tell it to be unloaded

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. CIE Chromaticity Scopes for Lumetri

It would be very helpful for feature color pipeline workflows to have a CIE meter in Lumetri Scopes for both After Effects and Premiere. It helps to ensure that we aren't accidentally clamping the color gamut of an image. And it shows us the mapping width of the color primaries. More and more feature film pipelines are requiring ACES and wide 32-bit workflows that have much higher gamuts than Rec or sRGB and many artists are accidentally introducing plugins or elements that clamp their gamuts without knowing it. Sometimes this gets flagged on the delivery and the design phase has…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Expressions pick whip should escape quotation marks in property references

When using the expression pick-whip on a property whose name or ancestor group name contains quotation marks, the property reference generated includes un-escaped quotation mark characters, terminating the name strings prematurely. It would be helpful if these and any other special characters were automatically escaped the way quotes in layer and comp names are already automatically escaped.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Select Similar groups of properties

Select Similar groups of properties would be great. For instance if you have 20 shapes layers underneath one layer, select the positions property then add a keyframe to all selected. Also, another idea is to create selection groups or define your own set of selection groups of properties so that you can add,select and move around keframes within layers quickly without having to scroll around the tiny bottom section of After Effects trying to search between words and keyframes. Also, Coloured Keyframes would make life a lot easier

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. BUG-Render Queue in After Effects unlinks media in Premiere.

When I use the Render Queue in After Effects it unlinks all the files from the project in Premiere. Please fix!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Is it possible to highlight what brush you are using when using the Liquify Effects.

I see when I select the different brush the name of the tool pops up. But it would be nice for a quick glance seeing what brush you are on :)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add shape names to the new Properties window.

The new Properties window is fantastic. But I do alot of complex shape animation. And I combine alot shapes into 1 shape layer. I have to name them to keep up. Right now, it only shows the name if you hover over it. not very efficient. Also can things like "trim path" be added to the properties window for shapes? If I could see those and the names in my properties window. IT WOULD BE AMAZING!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Don't tell me my resolution is wrong AFTER analyzing every frame of a video with 3d camera tracker and warp stabilizer

We've all been there, done a 3d camera track and waiting for all 300 frames to analyze only to be reminded we need to precomp it because our source resolution doesn't match the comp resolution. Why can't that warning happen BEFORE we sit through all the analysis, like when the effect is initially put on the layer?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Wrong duration for imported .ai files in version 22.4

In the latest version of After Effects (22.4) - When I import a .ai file, the duration is 2 frames no matter what I set in the import preferences or in as the duration of the composition. Have to use Premiere Pro as a workaround for now. Please fix this soon! It was working correctly in the last version.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Marker Features

Having a feature where right clicking on a marker could split a selected clip where each marker is would make it a lot easier and more efficient to edit with After Effects.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. vertical Layout for lumetriy Scopes

Hi, I'm looking for view 2 of lumetriy Scopes in a vertical way, you can see that if you checked (VectorScope YUV & Waveform RGB) it will be compressed in the viewer

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Drag to make Comp longer

Intuitively, dragging the End handle of a Composition to the right, should make its Duration longer.

(maybe with a time delay or modifier key to prevent it from happening unintended)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Promote Ishan

Ishan was my customer service rep today. He not only was extremely patient with me as I am new to the program, but he was beyond helpful at helping me install and use an entirely new software. He showed me exactly what to do, told me my video is really cool, and was careful and made sure I understood and remembered what he was saying. He is an absolute expert at what he does and I'd love to know that he is getting credit where it's due. Thanks so much!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add function to Essential graphics panel

I've recently been wanting the function of "Select Current Comp" to be a function added into the essential graphics panel. Because you need to select your current comp before you can add any paramaters to the Essential Graphics workflow.

I'm often working with projects involving 100+ comps and having to scroll through a long list just so I can find that one right comp, when I forsure have more than 10 duplicate/different versions of a similar structure and naming convention. It's a pain! Please make this a function, and keep adding features to the EG panel :)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add a "how many times a footage was used" in the project panel columns

I noticed this is not something existent.
    A new column for how many times a footage is used would be nice, helps in cleaning the project manually and to check if a footage was used or not (good for moments when you have a ton of footage and you have to check it again and again to see if everything is in order and you didnt forget anything)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base