After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. AE 2022 fails to export to Media Encoder 2022

Hello! Since upgrading my Adobe suite to the latest 2022 versions I haven't been able to export my files from After Effects to the Media Encoder. When I'm ready to render I'll go to "File > Export > Add to Adobe Media Encoder Queue..." as usual, but nothing actually shows up in Media Encoder's Queue. I've sat and waited long enough, staring at Media Encoder, mentally willing the file to go through the dynamic link that my boss started poking at me with a sharp stick to see if I was still alive... I've had a similar lack of luck…

87 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

84 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

Thanks very much to everyone who collected and sent in log files. The cause of the issue has been identified as specific to After Effects running on macOS, with a fix now available in After Effects version 22.0.1, which can be downloaded through the Creative Cloud Desktop app. After updating to AE 22.0.1, please restart your machine to ensure that any processes which might be blocking Dynamic Link have been closed before attempting to send any comps from AE to Adobe Media Encoder.

In order to help us distinguish between the Mac-only issue that was introduced in 22.0.0 and other pre-existing issues with sending AE comps to Media Encoder, we are closing this report as “Resolved”.

If you are still experiencing this issue on Windows or after updating to 22.0.1, please either create a new UserVoice post or find an existing one that matches the problem you are…

2. Please Repair DNxHD output in Ae 22.3

It 's no longer compatible with Avid. RGBA DNxHD HQX does result in black video on Avid.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Render Queue - File Name and Location Template bug in 2021 (18.4.1 (Build 4))

so I have a project:
    F:\filmmaking\Client Name (587)\Film Name\CODE.2.6.2021.aep

When I use the File Name and Location Template (in AE 2021 only, all other versions work fine)
    [projectFolder]\renders\FINALS[compName]_Proof.[fileExtension]

It seemingly randomly saves the file(s) in either:
    F:\renders\FINALS* or
    F:\filmmaking\renders\FINALS* or
    F:\filmmaking\Client Name (587)\renders\FINALS*
    never F:\filmmaking\Client Name (587)\Film Name\renders\FINALS* like it is supposed to.

If after I apply the template, I click on the link, it takes me to the dialogue showing exactly where it is supposed to go. Click render and it renders to the correct path.

If I don't click the filename first, it renders to a random parent…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  6 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. BUG: Double clicking keyframe in timeline does not open keyframe properties

When double clicking a keyframe in the timeline the keyframe properties do not open, only the keyframe is selected. You need to manually right click and edit the keyframe to change values.

This issue only started when updating to AE Version 17.1.3 (Build 41) on Windows 10.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Bug in Team Project using Essential Graphics with nested composition.

I'm using Team Projects for After Effects and have a face-composition with a nested mouth-composition two levels down in the face-composition.

From the mouth-comp I've added some Essential Properties to the face-comp. This works.

When re-opening the Team Project however, I get the following error:
    "After Effects warning: Could not create Essential Graphic parameter because it refers to a non-existent layer."
    The file opens but the master properties referring to the mouth-comp on the face-comp have all disappeared. Needless to say that is a serious problem because all keyframes added to these properties are lost.

Don't know if this is…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  2 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Exporting pro res 4444 + alpha bug

Issue when exporting pro res 4444 with alpha directly from AE. When this file is taken into premiere, there are weird purple artefacts, this can be removed by changing the premultiply settings, but this looses some alpha and introduces black fringing. When the same comp is exported via media encoder, using the same settings, no such issue exists.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  2 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. When using projectPath render token, existing files are overwritten without warning

When using the "projectPath" property (render token) to manually set the filepath in the File Name and Location Template, if a file with the same name already exists, it will be overwritten without any warning when the user clicks Render. This should be fixed to prompt the user with a warning before rendering begins.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. [BUG] ProRes DNxHR RGB 444 12 bit Export fail

1. Export ProRes DNxHR RGB 444 12 bit with no Alpha, but "premuliplied" setting
    2. Import the Rendering back into AE.
    3. Playback reports error. Video is black.

Workaround: Set the output alpha to "straight" even though there is no alpha channel.

:(

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. DNx Export Data flagging bug introduced in 17.5.1

17.5.1 has introduced a bug where DNxHR/HD HQX, HQ, SQ & LB MOVs are being incorrectly interpreted by DaVinci Resolve as Full when they should be Video.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. AERender in AE 2019 don't wait for job completion

Up until 2019, AERender, when executed with the -reuse option, waited for the job to complete before terminating.
    On AERender 2019, AERender, when used with the -reuse option, open (or use the already opened) gui, set the job to work on the gui and terminate immediately.
    This is problematic, because we relay on the -reuse option to complete jobs very quickly, while still checking to know when the job is complete.

We are asking to return the AERender to behave like in previous versions - that it will terminate after the job is complete, even with the -reuse option.

thanks

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. double clicking keyframe is broken for audio

since updating 2020 double clicking keyframe on audio or change value from right click option is broken

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Change camera controls back to the mouse, please!

The Camera controls trough the three buttons of the mouse provided an amazing workflow for setting the camera moves.

The recent upgrade of AE i did now doesn´t have the Camera Tool anymore, instead, is divided into three different functions; "Orbit Around Scene Tool, Pan Under Cursor Tool and and Dolly Towards Cursor Tool".

By doing this change the workflow has become WAAAY slower for me, since i have to keep hitting C to change between tools.

These three functions used to be accessible through the three buttons of the mouse, and it was so much intuitive and easier to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. How can I get your help during this period?

I hope to develop a plug-in for stitching panoramic materials. How can I get your help during this period?

Elly

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Compatibility issue - MacBook Pro 16 - AMD Radeon Pro 5300M 4 GB

I'm using a MacBook Pro 16 with AMD Radeon Pro 5300M 4 GB, and there appears to be a compatibility issue between AE and the graphics card. My composition window is completely distorted with horizontal lines running through it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Drop shadow/stroke not working when 3D mode is enabled on layers

I've successfully tracked a video to add text into it.
    Drop shadow and stroke will not show up unless I turn the 3D layer check box off.

I've added drop shadow as a regular effect and as a layer style.

This has to be a bug of some sort, I've done this many times before.
    I'm working on After Effects 2020

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Interpret footage bug

AE2020, Mac i7:

1. There is an asset in project encoded with Apple ProRes 422 LT movie with assigned profile HDTV (Rec. 709) 16-235.

2. This is incorrect so user selects Interpret Footage.

3. User sets color management to sRGB working space.

4. Closes and saves file.

5. Reopens file and the asset has gone back to the old profile again, HDTV (Rec. 709) 16-235!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. BUG REPORT: preview playback will not stop

When playing preview by pressing the spacebar or using the preview panel it does not stop by pressing the spacebar again and the interface is unresponsive. (CC 20 - v17.0)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Output profile bug

AE 2020. Renders to Prores HQ with a workspace setting of "Rec.709 Gamma 2.4" produce a file with the incorrect profile "HDTV (Rec. 709) 16-235" when read back in, producing a gamma shift with colour management turned on.

Renders to Prores 4444 seem unaffected.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Real-time playback improvement needed

When I try and load up a section of a composition to preview it doesn't play back smoothly even after it is cached.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. BUG: TSV data no longer exporting .mogrt / read by Premiere

I no longer get a pop up warning me that AE is needed to run the .mogrt in Premiere with the TSV data...
    The data is no longer read in Premiere, which it was before the last "upgrade"
    Is there any troubleshooting tipd for TSV based expressions in mogrts?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base