After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. For the love of God fix the disappearing render que PLEASE

When compositions are open in the timeline, the render que disappears when pressing the render button. Why does this happen, it never used to until some iteration of CC...
    It's annoying, makes it hard to see the render progress and you CAN"T CANCEL A RENDER. We shouldn't have to close every timeline open to see a render happening.
    Pretty basic stuff Adobe, come on!

3 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for filing this bug report. We are investigating a fix for this problem for a future update to After Effects.

The conditions under which this problem occurs had eluded us for a long time. Only recently were we able to observe the combination of factors that are required to cause this problem:
    - This happens on macOS only, not on Windows.
    - The After Effects UI is spread over multiple monitors.
    - The Render Queue panel is in a floating window outside of the main After Effects application window.
    - That floating window is on a different monitor than the main application window.
    - The Render Queue panel is docked in this floating window with either the Timeline or Composition panels.
    - When you start the render queue, a modal dialog (a progress dialog or a warning dialog) appears over the main application window.

When all of the…

2. Submitting a bug which continually crashes After Effects

I have discovered a bug in After Effects. Here you have a few very simple comps nested inside each other - no matter that happens, when I double click on ShieldShoppingBag comp and try to interact with ANYTHING inside the comp, timeline, layers etc, AE crashes without warning. Please look into this and fix!

macOS Sierra
    iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015)
    4 GHz Intel Core i7
    16 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
    AMD Radeon R9 M395X 4096 MB

Adobe After Effects CC
    Version 16.0.1 (Build 48)

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Team projects should save a local version too.

Team Project cloud is very unstable, I lost days of work in Team Projects that simply got empty. A local cache would certainly have avoided that.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Pasting from Premiere bug - Duration change and no "Paste At Current Time"

Being able to paste from Premiere into After Effects is awesome, but there is a bug when pasting footage/audio from the Premiere timeline into an already existing composition in After Effects. The After Effects composition will automatically change duration without your input and it won't respect "Paste At Current Time". Do this to re-create the problem.

• Create a new After Effects comp, either from Premiere's "Replace With After Effects Composition" feature, or an independent project. Make it something like 10 seconds.

• Copy any footage or audio clip from a Premiere timeline into an After Effects composition. But make sure the…
    4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Crash-related CRLOGS-Files fill up OS-drive

The latest AE Version is dumping huuuuge CRLOG-Files on the OS-Harddrive after crashing (which as everybody knows happens quite a lot).

The Files can reach 20-35gb each. These files are meant for UPLOAD and this is unacceptable.This concerns workflow AND data-privacy. ADOBE just wanted to upload 120gb of my data to their servers from my workstation. This is NOT acceptable.

WHAT ARE YOU UPLOADING THERE ? This is way more than just Crashlogs !!!

And this is blocking my OS, my upload-feed and slows my system down.

This is a perpetuum mobile of ****: AE crashes all the time, then…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for filing this bug report. We are investigating the problem.

You can safely delete the CRLOG files from your system. These are crash log files that are supposed to be automatically deleted.

You can change your Adobe crash report preferences from within any Adobe application by choosing Help > Adobe Crash Reporter.

Edit: Can we contact you for more information, via the email address you used when you filed this report? Thanks.

6. Invalid JSON Object Error

Error/Bug Report: When importing a tab delimited file, any quotation marks in data values results in this After Effects alert:

After Effects warning: Problem encountered with file "FILENAME.tsv". Data File: Parsing error:"dataOutline[0]::children[0]", Invalid JSON Object.

When I remove the quotation marks from the text/tsv file, After Effects handles it properly.

Any workarounds for this so I can use data with text values including quotations? Thanks!

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Opacity not working in Master Properties

I have a pre-comp that has 2 layers in it. One graphic, the other text. I use OPACITY from both layers as a means to control in the MAIN layer as a Master Property. However, when I attempt to change the OPACITY from the MASTER PROPERTY it does not work, respectively

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Master Property Undo and Copy Expression Bug

If you replace a comp that has a master property with an expression or keys on it, it gets cleared out. That makes sense. But if you undo, expressions and keys on a mastery property don't return.

Also, the UI lets you "Copy Expression Only" for Master Properties but you can't paste onto duplicates, even of the same precomp with the exact same Master Properties.

Aside from a few minor issues, I love the world Master Properties opens up for us.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base