After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. JSON file bug rendering outside of AE UI

It appears a JSON file at the top level of a comp will break all other instances of itself in pre-comps, when rendering outside of the UI (ie, AErender or Media Encoder). Rendering within the UI and everything works fine.

Detailed thread here with a flow chart:
    https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2632080

Thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Automatically remove AME folder after render

Automatically remove AME folder after render.

Now when exporting from AE to Adobe Media Encoder, the folder get polluted by AME-folder.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. BUG: TSV data no longer exporting .mogrt / read by Premiere

I no longer get a pop up warning me that AE is needed to run the .mogrt in Premiere with the TSV data...
    The data is no longer read in Premiere, which it was before the last "upgrade"
    Is there any troubleshooting tipd for TSV based expressions in mogrts?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. I want a function that saves for every footage extension with dependency function

I want a function that saves for every footage extension with dependency function

Now all goes into the folder

ファイル収集をした場合に一つのフォルダに全部入ってしまうのを種類ごとに分けられるようにしてほしい

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Multi-core or GPU accelerated reading of EXR frames

The reading / caching of EXR frames is a very slow process that can easily bottleneck a workflow.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Live Text Templates that were working in PPro 2018 are not linking in PPro 2019

We have over 150 LTTs in a PPro project, most of them referencing the same Comp in an AE file.
    They worked fine in PPro 2018, but since upgrading to PPRo and AE 2019 they no longer function.
    The PPro and AE project files have not changed names, nor have they been moved.
    LTTs show "Media Pending" indefinitely until you launch the AE project on which the LTTs are sourced.
    Once the AE project is loaded there is a very long delay, and eventually an error message: "Unknown Exception" at which point back in PPro the LTTs fail to "Media…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Switch between Graph Types with a simple Keyboard Shortcut(would enhance productivity!)

Switch between Graph Types with a simple Keyboard Shortcut(would enhance productivity!)

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Collect data sources!

Highly recommend making data sources collectable.
    And in the interim list it as a known issue to warn users.
    Collect files does not collect TSVs.
    These are a dependency!
    That is the point of Collect Files!
    Appreciate data is a new part of the default application, but quite a vulnerability at present

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. More advanced 3D Tracker

After Effects needs a 3D tracking tool were we can help the algorithmen in a advanced mode.

-Set relations between points (distance, line, flat surface ect.)
    -Lens distortion
    -Object-tracking
    -Export/Import to other applications.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Drop all selected Comps in AME Render Queue

When AME needs to start up while choosing 'Add to Adobe Media Encoder Render Queue...', AE hands over only 1 of the selected compositions.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Updated Flowchart View

With the advent of Master Properties and Data-based footage, a refreshed Flowchart View would be a welcome update to help us manage the piping, parenting and referencing that is now possible with the bi-directional push and pull flows of information between Comps and Precomps.

This is NOT a request for node-based compositing, but rather a node-based viewpoint that can allow us to organize and unravel comps that can quickly become much more complicated.

48 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Schedule a time to launch the render queue in advance.

So, I have a CG render I'm expecting to finish at about 5 am... I have my AE comp all good to go and awaiting. It would be so awesome to schedule my comp render to start at 6 am or 7am or even better... if AE could watch the CG render folder and just render the comp as the frames come in... Just a smooth pipeline all the way through. Then I'd have something to look at when I came into the office instead of reloading the footage and then waiting around for AE to finish for a couple…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Swap Footage Source with Essential Graphics/Master Properties

We should be able to create a photo or footage layer as a "placeholder" and replace the source of the layer with photo/footage after creation.

This is really the only thing keeping me from using mogrts in projects, I need the ability to change keyframed photos and footage used in the template.

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. mp4 Codec in Render would be nice

Could you please allow AE to export .mp4? My agency is not a big fan of using Media Encoder. Thanks!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Leave attributes & Adjust duration

When PreComposing, we have the choice to Leave all attributes in the original compostion, or Move all attributes to the new Composition.
    Only the latter gives the option to Adjust the new compositions's duration.
    Why? There are many cases where we want to move effects and animation to a new precomposition and make that new composition exactly the duration of the layers.
    Now we have to do that by hand.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Save comps as "Smart Objects"

I don't think this is currently possible, but it would be great if we could reuse comps as linked smart objects within projects. For instance, if I have a brand logo transition comp that is imported and used across multiple projects, and I made a change to that "base" brand logo transition comp, the change would automatically propagate to all other projects containing that linked "smart object" comp.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Scripting access to master properties (motion graphics template, essential graphics panel)

1. Path of the source/original properties of Master Properties objects

example:
    `app.project.item(1).layer("comp_template")("Master Properties")("Color").motionGraphicsTemplatePath`

Read-only Property object attribute for master properties that would return the path of the original property that was used to create (and is now linked to) the master property.

Ideally returning a path of the property relative to the master comp as a string (from which we could then get a Property object) would be more useful than returning a Property object directly without any information about the hierarchy.

2. Push and pull methods for Master Properties objects

example:
    `app.project.item(1).layer("comp_template")("Master Properties")("Color").motionGraphicsTemplatePush()`
    `app.project.item(1).layer("comp_template")("Master Properties")("Color").motionGraphicsTemplatePull()`

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Frame sequences naming consistency with AME

AME should render frame sequences, using work area ranges, identical to AE. After all these years, it still doesn't, which makes AME and frame sequences, useless. You're forced to always render directly within AE.

For example a frame sequence within AE would name it
    Comp 1_[#####].png The #### obviously representing the work area.

From AME it will render it as Comp 1_[#####]00.png, Comp 1_[#####]01.png

It ignores the #### and will ALWAYS start at 0. It won't name frame 1250, 1250 or frame 700, 700. It names it 0. It always starts at 0, no matter what the range is set…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add dynamic link between imported FLA files and After Effects.

When importing a .fla file into after effects, it divides the file into individual layers as .swf files, and plays them in AE. This is a very useful tool, however if changes are made to the FLA there is no way to update these files except to import them again, and replace the footage, and delete the old footage. It's a very tedious task.

Otherwise this feature is exceptionally useful, however it is rendered very frustrating by the lack of connection.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Create Layer Groups

I would like to be able to group layers, similarly to in Photoshop or Illustrator.

Creating small groups of objects without the need for making them into a comp first would be very helpful.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Please do not use your Adobe ID and password.

Feedback and Knowledge Base