After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. maybe they'll listen to a poem?

I miss you h dot two six four
    your size and speed we all adored
    but woe the codec list is bare
    and media encoders just as impaired
    hope someday it will be restored.

13 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. pseudo effect

Please make pseudo effects part of the scripting API, I mean allow us to create pseudo effects natively on the fly

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Convert Editable text layers from .ai files

would be a nice feature to be able to Convert to editable text with an .ai file .

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. We NEED To be able to access Legacy versions of this software!!

Art does not often move at the same pace as technology. Often times filmmakers work on projects for YEARS in OLDER codecs. It's not recommended to update the software in the middle of an edit. So filmmakers are going to need to have access to install legacy versions of your software! Not just the one or two versions back that is available to download on the creative cloud app. It is absolutely outrageous to pay so much money for software, and then be told in the middle of the project that you can no longer access the software for it.…

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Essential Graphics same panel in Premiere

i was just noticing that the panel for Essential Graphics seems more full featured in Premiere.

it would be great if this acted more like the same panel of presets that can be accessed by both programs.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Only audio changed, have to rerender

Sometimes I have to rerender my comp, although I only changed the audiolayer in time. (.m4a)

Is there a reason why?

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Separate Dimensions on by Default

Add a toggle in Preferences for users to default to Separate Dimensions enabled rather than something that needs to be turned on for every object.

It could fit really well right underneath "Default Spatial Interpolation to Linear" in the General Preferences tab :)

187 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Fix crash when importing PS file with layer style (drop shadow) into Ae. cc 2020

Fix this bug.

When I import PS file with text that has drop shadow on it. Ae crashes.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. data stream into editing

To be able to copy data from an external file e.g. excel sheet, notepad, word document, etc. then paste that data into After Effects and have that data read back visually frame by frame.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Camera Tracker Workflow

The current After Effects camera tracker is abysmal. This is after multiple updates of AE. I implore Adobe to look at the Camera Tracker for AE released by The Foundry and implemented it instead of the incomplete Camera tracker available now.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. metadata

I'd like to see the option of "Log note" and "Good" in the metadata display along with the "Comment" in the project panel of After Effects, like it is in Premiere. Some times it's really helpful to have short notes and ticks when dealing with over a hundred compositions.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Please PLEASE allow 3D mesh imports

Here's what I want to do:
    1) Import a static mesh (say, a textured .obj)
    2) parent it to any of the other things I'm doing in AE
    3) animate transforms and so on in AE
    4) render my composition
    5) move on with my life.

Can't open a Photoshop 3d live file anymore? Okay. Can't open any of the several 3D formats that Photoshop can export, and must do all transforms and animations in C4D Lite? Definitely NOT okay.

There have been several times in the past when a bad solution has been branded as a "feature," but the…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add the ability to paste images from the clipboard (from other applications), saving the file to a chosen folder similar to the Cache files.

The ability to paste from the clipboard would be incredibly useful, almost the way it works in inDesign, but have the pasted files save to a pre-selected folder so it is still referenced like normal files and images in the project.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. aerender will not complete render of any size

I am attempting to use the command line renderer for after effects to render a project.
    My overall goal is to run this code in Windows cmd:

for /l %x in (1, 1, 20) do (
    start aerender -project "C:\Users\nbroderick\Desktop\DesktopTest\Render_Test.aep" -mp
    TIMEOUT /T 2
    )

which was inspired by this post:

https://video.stackexchange.com/questions/12859/how-to-force-adobe-media-encoder-to-use-100-cpu-and-memory

However, when I launch aerender.exe and initiate a render...it makes a 0kb file, hangs on the first frame, and never finishes (left it for 16 hours). In fact, it will not render ANYTHING. Even the 'simplest' (100x100px, 10s long, 1 solid layer, no effects, 1 item in the…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Larger than 30000px framebuffer

I create still renders than can sometime be greater than the 30000px framebuffer limit of After Effects. While I normally will create 8K animations for playback, I will need still imagery for booth and signage designs at hi-res that mimic the animation, hence the need for larger framebuffers.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Mocha - Zoom Windows off by default

In 2020, the Mocha Zoom Windows are off by default. And when I turn them on, there's no way to save that layout. I have to keep turning them on every time I open up the Mocha tracker effect.

Please either have them on by default, or allow them to be saved with the 'Save Current Layout' function.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Expression pickwhip + spacebar should open comp tab and untwirl collapsed layers/properties

If I want to pickwhip across compositions, I first need to tear off my target comp tab and place it under or next to my source comp tab. Likewise, if I'm trying to target a property, the target must first be untwirled.

Instead it'd be much more useful if we could engage the pickwhip and then while hovering over a tab, hit spacebar to temporarily step into that target comp. Once we let go of the mouse click to commit to a property, the original source comp should return back to the focus.

The same action would untwirl any twirled…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Color swatches in CC libraries are not usable in AE

I would like to go to a shape, fill, and then be able to click on a CC library swatch...

Currently, I have some colours in my CC libraries, for cross platform projects.
    The whole team works with these swatches - but when they come to me to incorporate them to an AE project, the workflow is interrupted.

The colour picker tool doesn't work either: the hex values are completely incorrect, and there's no simple way to copy the hex value from the cc library swatch either: I find myself going to Illustrator or Indesign, opening each swatch and copying…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. aerenderer not recognize csv data with text layer

each text with linked csv data print as "undefined"

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Property.isTimeVarying read/write

It would be great if the Property.isTimeVarying could be read/write instead of read-only.
    Basically doing the same as clicking the time watch on the property on/off.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base