After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Batch Proxy Relinking & Improved Proxy Creation

So it has been a long time since i needed to create proxies for after effects, but today I did and was horrified by the workflow.

You have to literally do it one-by-one for each file in the project list. Alternatively, AE likes to just create a useless composition, per piece of footage instead to render, and then re-links all of those to the proxy.

There is no way to batch link them! I decided just to do it in media encoder and do it one by one.

This could massively be improved by being able to select several pieces…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Import multiple folders

When I want to import several folders from a directory I have to either import them one at a time which wastes a lot of time, or import the entire parent directory which may contain dozens of unneeded folders and files. Can we simply be allowed to import multiple folders the same way we can with multiple files?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. MOGRT Relinking Bug

When MOGRTs go offline, have to relink them one by one.

Windows 10.0.19042
    Premiere 15.4.1

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Audio can't be controlled by essential graphics

There doesn't seem to be any way to make audio editable in a mogrt, would be great to be able to do things like link audio levels to a checkbox to make it possible to enable/disable through the Essential Properties etc.

Currently manipulating audio with Essential Properties appears to be impossible

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Take Snapshot to Clipboard

Add Take Snapshot to Clipboard so that the current appearance of the Composition can be pasted to Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Word, PowerPoint, Slack, TextEdit, or any other application that allows one to paste a graphic from the Clipboard.

This could be implemented with a modifier key like command + click Take Snapshot on Mac and control + click Take Snapshot on Windows.

While it's easy enough to use Command +3 or Command + 4 on Mac, having Take Snapshot to Clipboard would allow for getting just the visible area of the Composition more quickly, speeding up one's workflow.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. ALT+drag copy/duplicate

I would like to see ALT+Drag to copy/duplicate for layers in the timeline and assets in the project panel. Its a standard function for the rest of the adobe suite and for some reason its missing from AE. There's not even an alternate function, its just missing. I understand holding alt and dragging selected key frames in the timeline does temporal stretch. so I see why it might be harder to implement for key frames without upsetting current functions. But, this seems to be a missing feature that would be widely appreciated for those of us that use the wider…

67 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. MOGRT Destination - Feature Request

EGP > Export Motion Graphics Template... > Destination > Local Drive > Browse

Problem:

AE doesn't save the last used Destination for MOGRT export.
    When saving MOGRT to "Local Drive" and selecting a Destination, it currently defaults to the last "saved" location. This effectively negates saving of custom folders on MOGRT Export, because the last "save" location is overwritten when you save the project file.

Solution:

AE Project File "save" locations are often different from MOGRT export destinations, they should not share and overwrite each other's memory of save locations. MOGRT Export should remember the last used MOGRT Export Destination.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Also collect files added to AE via Dynamic Link (Character Animator, Premier Pro)

At the moment After Effects does not collect files that have been added to the AE timeline via Dynamic Link. It would be great if that was possible in the future. Thank you!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Maintain Footage RGB Interpretation Settings Through Software Updates

Every time CC updates After Effects, it resets my footage color interpretation settings.

I use OpenColorIO and often have my color workspace set to "ACES Academy Color Encoding Specification SMPTE ST"

In order so see the proper color, I must interpret all my footage with the box checked: "Preserve RGB (Disable color management conversions for this item)". The files I often work with are typically Quicktime Prores 4444 movs.

After CC updates to After Effects, I must consistently go through and re-check this box for all my footage. I'm able to somewhat speed up the process using the "remember" and…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Loop Toggle for comps

I would love a loop toggle for comps. The expressions are great, but for some projects it just makes things take longer.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. illustrator import 10% size bug

After exporting a multiple-art board illustrator file to individual illustrator files, the new files import to after effects at 10% of the correct size.

It is the exact same issue as described in detail here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects-discussions/illustrator-files-importing-at-10-size/td-p/11464768

There would appear to be a problem with exporting from large-sized canvas to individual artboards, which can't be corrected from within illustrator. Currently the only fix would appear to be copying and pasting the contents of the illustrator document to a new file.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Ability to paste Position keyframe data to shape groups

If I have a 2D layer I see it’s Transform>Position as two values. I don’t know that there is a hidden Z value. I don’t understand why I cannot copy keyframes from this property and paste them to a shape layer’s Group>Transform>Position property. After Effects should intelligently paste the X and Y Position values to my shape group.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Illustartor files not importing to AE 2022. All layers are blank when *.ai file is imported as a Composition.

bug report. Illustartor files are not importing properly to AE 2022. All layers are blank when *.ai file is imported as a Composition.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Media Replacement + Plug-Ins

AE is like a Build-a-Bear. You start with the default, and then you dress it up. Plug-ins are essential to After Effects. As essential as pants on a Build-a-Bear.

Media Replacement is a great new feature, especially for MOGRTs. But you can't export a Media Replacement MOGRT that uses plug-ins anywhere in the After Effects project. I understand performance may be bad, but a warning that the MOGRT will be slow is preferable to never being able to combine MR and plug-ins. This is a hindrance for professional pipelines considering adopting a MOGRT workflow for motion graphics.

Please reconsider enabling…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Network Shared Plugins Folder

Medium sized studios struggle with differences in plugins installed. Artists often encounter missing plugins when opening other people's projects. And keeping track of what plugin is installed where is a hussle.

Nuke allows linking to network folders (via Python) where every gizmo and plugin is installed. Loaded on application open. Of course licensing is still configured per plugin but it unifies what peple have and even with missing license you can see what it does.

Please give us such option

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. BUG: AI vector layer file disappears randomly in After Effects.

Recently i met a bug - when importing AI layers to AE from Illustrator they (some of them) can just disappear at random moments from my compositions. I see borders of objects but they are just not displayed - invisible. Even purge memory doesnt help. Only restarting PC sometimes helps but not always, so i should convert ai to shape. But it is impossible when ai layer has gradients.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Error w/importing Ai file that has multiple artboards

If I try to import an Illustrator file which has multiple artboards, I often encounter an error message. My workaround fix has been to open up the Ai file, and delete other artboards.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. BUG: precomps are being autonamed and square brackets disappear after duplicate layers are detected

I created this file a while back - with several duplicates of the same precomp. All the names of the duplicates show within square brackets, because the names refer to the same precomp. *pls refer to first screengrab.
    I'm now on version 18.4.1 and after opening the same file and start working on it, the layers get renamed. *pls refer to second screengrab.
    This becomes a problem for instance when I want to rename the source precomp in the project panel: as the names in the timeline doesn't update anymore. *pls refer to third screengrab.
    The layers in the timeline…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. swap composition

In project Panel, we should be able to replace a Composition everywhere it's used in all comp by another one.

For example : select a composition/ right clic it / replace everywhere with other composition/ in a pop up dialogue box, there would be 2 lists : 1- select the compo to replace with 2- in what (where ) compositions do you want to replace it, we can select the composition to swap with by checking in the box in a list.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Remember position/size of Windows File Explorer dialog

Every command that calls the Windows File Explorer does not save the file explorer window position/size. These commands include Import, Open, Save As, Export as Motion Graphics Template, Export As Adobe Premiere Project, etc.
    It does save and remember states for the current session, but resets upon computer restart. Window position resets to the upper-left corner of monitor and size of ~900x600 pixels.

Have tried fixing this issue in registry, but no avail. Seems to only happen with Adobe software.

Would prefer to default to center of screen, and permanently remember one saved state for all system dialogs if repositioned/resized.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base