After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. We need a native VR Player or a list of appropriate plugins that will work with Mettle Skybox and Oculus Rift

We need a native VR Player or a list of appropriate plugins that will work with Mettle Skybox and Oculus Rift

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Data Merge for After Effects

Please allow Data Merge from a spreadsheet, just like InDesign or Photoshop. I'm filling a template with 52 instances of text instead of designing and letting After Effects iterate for me.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Grid effect feather pickwhip

I cannot pickwhip the feather height and width elements of the grid effect in one layer to another feather element grid effect in another layer. it keeps allocating the grid height and width elements instead

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Increment and Save filename options

Suddenly the filename increment on Increment And Save has changed; and no option to change it to how it used to be OR simply to how you want it to be. The date thing is super confusing! Unless I'm missing the setting? Would love control over this. Now I have to hit "Save As..." and increment the save myself.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. OPENCL stopped working after MAC 10.13.5 update

Once updated to Mac OS 10.13.5, OPENCL error came on all Adobe projects, AE, Premiere Pro, and ME, allowing only Software mode. This is with MAC included AMD Pro Vega 64.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for filing this bug report.

Can you please provide more info about the errors you’re receiving? A screenshot of the error message would be useful.

When does the error occur? When you open a project? Or when you launch After Effects? Does the problem change if you modify the Project Settings > Video Rendering & Effects option?

6. Keep clip settings on PR>AE 'replace with AE composition'

Replacing an image sequence @[x]FPS in PR with an AE composition results in AE overriding the clip framerate with the setting in AE>preferences>import>sequence footage.

This is counter-intuitive, and can lead to a massive loss of time fixing the problem. It is reasonable to expect the clip to have the same frame rate, as the point of Dynamic Linking is surely to allow seamless movement between applications.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add a way to replace an image inside a composition but keep the size of the previous one.

Imagine you animate an image and then realize that the image's resolution is too low for your needs and you need to replace it with a bigger one. If you just replace the file, the size will be too big and you need to work around that fact. It would be really time-saving to be able to do this automatically.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Bug: Dragging from a Library to a folder in the Project panel doesn't place it in that folder.

There is a bug where you can't drag any item from the Library panel directly into a folder in the Project panel. After Effects will always place the item in the root folder. You will have to then manually drag the item to the location you want after it has been imported.

This can get pretty cumbersome in large projects.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Issues with After Effects on a network. Preview window is slow to respond or doesn't respond when changes are made. Works fine offline.

Issues with After Effects on a network. We have a SAN, no network issues or disk i/o problems. When using After Effects 2018, there are issues with the preview window and it is very slow to respond when you make changes. Sometimes it never responds and is just blank grey until you flush cache, close AE, etc. Duplicating the project locally works fine as well as working offline.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Timeline shortcuts in macbook pro touchbar

I got the new macbook pro and I miss having shortcuts in my touchbar for after effects.
    We could have some shortcuts like:
    - Zoom in and out;
    - Go to next animation keyframe
    - Set shortcuts for favorite effects;
    - Audiowave control / visualization

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. source text for essential graphics

Is it possible to add a source parameter for pictures
    so that you can bring this parameter into premiere to load up
    pictures for animated reveals

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. aerender json aware

It will be great to have aerender JSON aware. at this point in time aerender is only evaluating $.eval(file) while rendering.
    This would help the community a lot by avoiding paying for a lot of plugins. Interestingly the footage(json file) is working great with aftereffects but not with JSON footage

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Bug Report: Motion Templates Not Displaying in Premiere Correctly

Hey guys,

I'm experiencing an issue with a .mogrt I'm working on. It's a block of text that appears from off-screen. I've written expressions to show/hide text and background layers based on how many lines of text the user inputs.

Everything's working great in After Effects but as soon as I pull it across to Premiere, it doesn't display correctly. I feel like this must be something to do with the text box input in Premiere. Is it possible it's inserting a space somewhere? I've checked each blank box but they're definitely empty…

Can you shed any light on this?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add MPEG options to After Effects render engine

I would like AE to be able to Export MPEGS. The list of options in AE is pretty small. I've been using those legacy QT codecs for the longest and with the depreciation of those I am left with file formats that are too big. Apple Pro res seems okay but its Mac only. I have to use AME to export videos as MPEG. However, AME has issues.

For example,I have an issue with media encoder, where if I change an asset in AE like audio and even delete it from the project, AME still renders with the old audio.…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Estamos com esse erro chato no After Effects CC 2018 - There was an error processing this PDF document

Olá,

Estou com esse problema e não consigo resolver de modo algum:

After Effects error: There was an error processing this PDF document. (1074397201) ( 50 :: 29 )

After Effects error: cannot reopen an open file. ( 3 :: 130 )

Logo depois disso o After Effects trava e fecha. não salva nada, mas também não há nada para salvar pois eu não consigo mais fazer modificações no vídeo por causa disso.

Se alguém puder me esclarecer algo que resolva meu problema, vejo que tem muitas pessoas com essa dificuldade mas sem uma solução concreta.

Atenciosamente,

Fernando Batista

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for filing this bug report.

What is the path to the file (or files) it is reporting the error about? Is it an Illustrator (.ai) file, or a PDF file?

Did you create this project by previously using the Collect Files command?

If you move the file (or files) causing the error to your desktop, open the project, and then re-link to the file on the desktop, does the problem go away?

There is a potential bug that can occur if the path to Illustrator or PDF files is very long, after the project was created by the Collect Files command. Your answers to the questions above can help determine if this is the problem you have encountered.

Em Portguese (Google Translate):

Obrigado por preencher este relatório de bug.

Qual é o caminho para o arquivo (ou arquivos) sobre o qual está relatando o erro? É um arquivo…

16. Invalid JSON Object Error

Error/Bug Report: When importing a tab delimited file, any quotation marks in data values results in this After Effects alert:

After Effects warning: Problem encountered with file "FILENAME.tsv". Data File: Parsing error:"dataOutline[0]::children[0]", Invalid JSON Object.

When I remove the quotation marks from the text/tsv file, After Effects handles it properly.

Any workarounds for this so I can use data with text values including quotations? Thanks!

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Per-project Auto-Save

This would allow you to still have the global preferences settings for Auto-Save and would add an override to the project settings window. That way, if you're working on a project that you don't want auto-saving or want it saving less often, you can change it for that one project without worrying about having to remember to re-enable/reset it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add Purge Disk Cache (only) to Edit>Purge menu

The TWO Memory related purges under Edit>Purge> also remove the Undo history - this is bad.
    Edit>Purge>ImageCache is fine as it is.
    Need quicker access to only purge the Disk Cache; without having to dive into the Prefs Dialog.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Search for text layers

Recently needed to change multiple text layer names and had to manually open every comp and find them. Would be nice to be able to search for them by name or content (either would be handy).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add photoshop layer update feature

Its cool that Photoshop has the Ctrl+E feature but it would be cooler if there is a button that you could add the new layers of the Photoshop fil, something like the cinemware where you can re import the contents of the c4d file into after.
    So photosop will have no steps inbetween importing and updating files.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Please do not use your Adobe ID and password.

Feedback and Knowledge Base