After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Bug - Folder doesn't exist

I have a default custom output path set to render into the folder my project is in. I have a subfolder specified in the custom output.

Every time I go to render the first render (before the subfolder is created), AE gives me an error that the folder doesn't exist (even though it's supposed to create it), and when I clear that error and hit render again it works fine. I have a feeling it's because the custom output path, doesn't actually tick that "Save in subfolder" box until the second time. Or maybe it fails the check, then creates…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 缩放的时候能不能调节滑轮缩放的大小,次次滑轮缩放一缩放就缩放过了,设置一个适合窗口缩放的档位

缩放的时候能不能调节滑轮缩放的大小,次次滑轮缩放一缩放就缩放过了,设置一个适合

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. ae的面板大小能不能固定住,次次得调节大小

ae的面板大小固定住,不要自动调节大小,好不容易调好大小了,次次自己就变了

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. AE Render Engine: JSON alert stops watch folder queue

The JSON alert "The structure of the data file has changed" also pops up when After Effects is running as render engine in watch folder mode. The alert dialog stops the rendering process and therefore the render queue.

Please remove the JSON alert or mute it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Bug: Importing 23.97 footage with Speed/Duration from Premiere causes error

Importing a Premiere sequence containing a 23.97fps MP4 clip which has Speed/Duration changes or has been Rate Stretched throws the attached errors.

I could not reproduce with 29.97 ProRes footage, so this may be specific to certain framerates. The Premiere sequence was 29.97, and I also got the error while trying to copy/paste the clip to a 29.97 After Effects comp.

Expected behavior: Translate Speed/Duration to the equivalent After Effects concept (Time Remapping?) transparently.

Actual behavior: Sequence import is interrupted, unclear warnings on which clip(s) need attention.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Import function library jsx automatically

The ability to import a jsx file with a library of expressions is a great feature. I think it could be improved if there was a file somewhere in the Adobe preferences folder called something like UserFunctions.jsx, which is automatically imported into the After Effects namespace. This would allow users to edit this file and be able to access these functions without needing to manually import the jsx for each project. So if the UserFunctions.jsx contains a function called overshoot(foo, bar) for example, the user can just type overshoot(3, 1) into any expression and it will work. Maybe for safety…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Shortcut, that can move a layer up or down in Timeline

Shortcut, that can move a layer/group of layers up or down in Timeline like in photoshop, very handy when working with a lot of layers.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. consolidate and transcode

Please add "consolidate and transcode" like Premiere Pro in After Effects!!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. BUG: OpenEXR different Color AE/PP

Hello,
    we render a lot with OpenEXR in After Effetcs. If I am import them into Premiere the Color is different in comparison when I import them in After Effects. My workaround is to import the File in After Effects and make an dynamik Link in Premiere Pro.

By the way, the compression slider for Exporting OpenEXR is missing in After Effects. In AME there is a compression Slider for OpenEXR.

Thank you for your Time

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. ASCII project files

Please provide an option to save project files as ASCII files instead of binary. This is particularity needed for source control (such as when checking in After Effects projects into a Git repository) and for traceability (i.e., who/when changed what) but also allows project issues to be easily rectified with a simple text editor (such as performing search-and-replace of media paths or replacing one plug-in with another and do it across projects in a fraction of the time that it would take to do it manually).

Note that all professional content creation software support ASCII files including Maya.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. convert CMYK ro RGB option for vector files

option to convert a CMYK vector file to RGB, from within AE.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow file-based versioning/snapshotting of all media relating to a project

Use-case

An After Effects project is frozen. As such all media related to that project must remain untouched yet remain in their location on the file system while still allowing the next version to build on the previous version.

Currently, to support this, I version all media using the prefix _v###. Then, every time I need to freeze a project, I duplicate all the versioned files and increment the version numbers. Sometimes files are renamed, sometimes files are deleted in the process, yet the versions before remain untouched.

In fact, depending on the structure, the files of the new version…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Premiere Dissolves no longer create Opacity keyframes in After Effects

In the past, you could create a video in Premiere Pro and add in typical Cross Dissolves. Then, when you send the clips through to dynamic link, all of the dissolves would be converted into Opacity keyframes.

This has not worked for a large number of previous versions.

Was this feature removed? If so, why? Can it be added back? Is this a bug?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Scripting access to set markers as "selected"

Please open the API to allow access to programmatically select a given marker.

I am trying to write a script to access the "Update Markers from Source" context menu item, but because that particular command requires a layer marker to be selected, and it's impossible to select a marker via ExtendScript, my script cannot ever work.

It's already possible to loop through to select a certain layer. It should be just as easy to select a layer marker on that layer, once the layer is selected.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. import

Bug: jpeg importer does not import correctly. When importing multiple jpeg files, they show up as the same image, i.e., the file names are correct in the project panel, but when opening them in the footage viewer or placing them in a sequence, they are all either the same image or 1 of 2 different images. if the file type is changed to pngs, all images display correctly.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Access text properties (kerning, font size, leading, etc) via scripting

We need more access to text properties via scripting. It will be helpful to change, for example, the font size of a text layer via scripting, that way the textbox stay the same size becouse right now I can only change the scale of the layer and it changes all proportions of the layer (height and with in pixels, size of the textbox).
    If we can access to that properties via scripting we can let all LayerObject attributes the same (textboxes, width, height, scale) and only change font size, leading, kerning, tracking, text stroke width, color, etc).

Thanks for your…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. essential graphics

Allow dragging properties from the Effects Controls panel to the Essential Graphics panel.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. essential graphics limits

being able to limit the number of color options to a specific palette in essential graphics would be great

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Dismiss all files not found

Either provide a list of all the missing footage or files, or give me a dismiss all button. I don't need to hit OK hundreds of times before I can just look for an expression in an unarchived project.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Please do not use your Adobe ID and password.

Feedback and Knowledge Base