After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Center Path / Shape Anchor Point

Currently there is no way to center a paths anchor point. It would be helpful to have a keyboard shortcut that would take the current selected path anchor point and center it to the path points, much like Ctrl + alt + Home does for layers.

This would allow path level animation to happen around the center of the path or shape instead of wherever the Anchor Point is arbitrarily put when created.

9 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. access to other text document object properties and per character settings

right now I cant set per character styles with extendscript and the text document object. if i try to set the style it affects the whole string. It would be nice to loop through a string and have different styles for specific characters.

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Synchronize scripts using Creative Cloud

Scripts are often very small files and each user tends to have a combination of scripts they use on their workflow. It would be great if scripts could be synced across computers using Creative Cloud.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Dynamic Link Color Change

When using Premiere and AE in dynamic link the Color is drastically changed. Looks great in Premiere - Create new composition with selection - Look at my changes in premiere and the colors are different. HELP

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Scripting access to TextDocument.boxText (writing, not just read-only)

In order to convert the currently selected Text Layers into Point Text or Paragraph Text, the user needs to right-click in the Composition panel with the type tool, and choose the "Convert To Paragraph Text" or "Convert To Point Text" submenu.

But if multiple Text Layers of the same type (Point Text or Paragraph Text) are selected the "Convert To Paragraph Text" or "Convert To Point Text" submenu is greyed out.

So it seems the only way to convert multiple text layers is to select each layer one by one and right-click "Convert to..." every time.

If not possible to…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Duplicate Comps that creates duplicates of internal Comps

When I duplicate a Comp, the duplicated comp uses the same internal comps as the original.

This is correct, but it would be nice to have an option that also duplicates internal comps.

That way I’m not going to affect a comp that have duplicated.

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. A keyboard shortcut to add a keyframe to which ever property you have selected.

If I have any property selected in the timeline I would love the ability to use a keyboard shortcut to add a keyframe, I realise you can do this on a small few of the properties, Scale, Position, etc... BUT it would be great to have the ability to do this on which ever property you have selected. If you can already do this, my apologies, but I don't think you can. Please generous Adobe staff can you work your magic. :-)

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for filing this feature request.

To create a keyframe for selected properties, you can choose the Animation > Add Keyframe command. (The name of this command will change if you only have one property selected, ex. Add Opacity Keyframe.)

This command does not have a keyboard shortcut defined by default. However, you can assign a keyboard shortcut for it: choose Edit > Keyboard Shortcuts. More information about assigning keyboard shortcuts can be found here:
    https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/using/keyboard-shortcuts-reference.html#VisualKeyboardShortcutEditor

Given this information, do you still have a request for us? That is, do you want a shortcut defined by default? If so, which shortcut? (One that is already not in use by After Effects.)

8. Let me change language-setup of the keyboard shortcuts easily

I work in a lot of different agencies - many of them have the english version installed (not knowing about the aeforceenglish.txt trick) The problem is, the english shortcuts are simply useless on a e.g. german keyboard layout.

In the old times I used to patch the .txt file which contains the shortcut-info, for every AE-update I did this several times. The most fun part was that Win an Mac have this file stored in a different place.

It is nice that we can customise these now! By ourselves! But I am actually very happy whit the standard-setup. I believe…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow layer selector for essential graphics

Layer selector isn't available for essential graphics at this point, I'd like it to be.

Here's how I was specifically interested in using it. I want to set up text to have multiple reveal animations available. If I can make the layer selector available, I can point to different text layers with the start points I want and then using the text engine (or interpolation expressions) send the text from that start point to it's final location. The only way I could find to do the same thing now was to use a slider and map each number to a…

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Live Text Paths/Shapes

It would be excellent if text could be treated as a shape object with a fill and an outline so it can be used for shapes without having to convert it and lose the ability to edit it. I would hope all special functionality, like text animators and sourceText properties and expressions could be maintained. Even if it has to remain separate for some reason, at least giving us a path property to tie into a shape layer would be great. That might be even more interesting when combined with text animators.

Text animators + live text paths = awesome.…

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Transform control instances

It would be useful to be able to invoke multiple instances of all the normal transform controls: Position, Scale, Rotation and Anchor Point.

Say a layer has had a motion tracker applied to Pos, Scale, Rot. So that there are keyframes on every frame. But you decide you need to nudge the layer slightly here and there. You don't want to change it on a frame by frame basis, so one current workaround is to parent that layer to a null and add new keyframes to the null. Or you can add a Transform effect and adjust things there. But…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Support for Phantom .cine files

It's really not efficient at all to go through third party software just to be able to work with .cine files, which are increasingly popular in professional environments. At the moment you have to convert through DaVinci Resolve or Phantom's proprietary software, instead of a simple drag-and-drop into your project.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Import PSD as composition duration

There should be an option when importing a .PSD file (or right after importing) to adjust the duration of the newly created (nested PSD) composition. At the moment it just takes the duration of the last created composition, which is not a helpful workflow. The current workaround is to create a new composition with the desired duration before importing the PSD file as a composition.

Options should at least include:

• set the length of the new composition to the default setting (a time value the user can adjust in the import preferences).

• set the length of the new composition to…
    4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Have sequence markers added in AE to link to Premiere Pro when linked

I've been using overlays created in AE (Intros, outros etc) that have a fade to white/black with a bunch of other things happening, I would like it if I could set a marker for when the overlay was %100 white/black that would be visible in Premiere Pro, so when I have the file overlayed, I can see exactly at what point the video underneath will no longer be visible.

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 16.0.1 project not linking with Premiere still

Thanks for this update but After Effects is still failing to link properly with my Premiere projects, which have also been updated to 13.0.2. I've reported this on the Premiere section too just in case. Please see attached recurring error from AE. Maybe I'll be able to continue work properly in 2019, please? Thanks for your efforts so far, I'm sure we're getting there... I'm on a 2017 iMac running Mojave, 16Gb ram.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Bug Report: Can't paste from Premiere Pro

"After Effects warning: Can't paste from Premiere, Premiere Pro Importer is missing."

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add Layer Switch as an option in Essential Graphics

I would like to have the video switch available as an option in essential graphics, so I can use it as a master property. I am working with a composition that contains lots of different logos to cover different jurisdictions of the same product. Currently I am using the opacity control as a master property for each logo, however I only ever need it at 0% or 100% so a toggle layer switch would be better. It would also save me from having to rename each opacity layer to the layer name, and would most likely take up less space…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Multiple Project Windows

Add the ability to open more than one project window at a time, or create different 'Bin' windows, similar to Premiere.

Ideally, this would be possible with multiple windows, with the ability to create multiple windows with the same target (such as having several 'Effects presets' windows simultaneously, allowing you to keep the ones you are using open and switch between them easily.)

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Open-EXR 16-bit HALF-float rendering

32-bit Open-EXR is now supported. The ability to render a HALF float from AE will improve workflow with smaller files and data rates when 32-bits is not necessary.

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Native animated GIF support

Still have to go through Photoshop/ Save for web (Legacy)?!

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base