After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please bring all OpenType features to After Effects

Typography is an important part of many animations. With the great amount of options designers have with OpenType-Fonts every aspect of a font should be accessible in a modern animation software.

Please add all OpenType-Options as seen in the Photoshop Character Panel to be natively accessible in After Effects.

106 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Global Color creation in After effects

The ability create a global color and assign it to different items in your comp so you can make color revisions fast. On creation would automatically generate a chip in the color pallets, it would have a special marker to say it's live in the preview.

22 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add Property to Essential Graphics

You can right-click to add a property to the Essential Graphics panel. Great! But it always pulls up the last comp that was open for some reason—and you might not even remember which comp it was if you haven't opened the panel for quite a while. I can't see a use case where I'd ever want to add a property from one comp to another comp's Master Properties—especially as it throws an error.

Rather than going through all of that error checking and forcing me to first right-click to open the comp in the EG panel, when I use Add…

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Can't drag in 3d space

After upgrading to AE 2020 I can't drag 3D objects on the z axis when viewing though the Active Camera. Please fix this ASAP.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Dynamic Link After Effects projects within After Effects projects

When transitions between scenes are more complex using Premiere to dynamic link AE comps isn't an option. Being able to dynamic link .aep files within .aep files would allow multiple users to work simultaneously on different precomps while not disturbing or overwriting the master comp.

When we're up against deadlines we need 2-3 animators working at the same time. It would save a lot of time not to collect a comp work on it, bring it back in and replace the old one or simply waiting for one animator to finish their task before another can open the file and…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. ALT+drag copy/duplicate

I would like to see ALT+Drag to copy/duplicate for layers in the timeline and assets in the project panel. Its a standard function for the rest of the adobe suite and for some reason its missing from AE. There's not even an alternate function, its just missing. I understand holding alt and dragging selected key frames in the timeline does temporal stretch. so I see why it might be harder to implement for key frames without upsetting current functions. But, this seems to be a missing feature that would be widely appreciated for those of us that use the wider…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Bug in comp.exportAsMotionGraphicsTemplate() when exporting Motion Graphics Templates from ExtendScript in AE 2020

I need to make an automated workflow for versioning motion graphics templates and exporting .mogrt files. I've implemented a .jsx script to do so.

However, when exporting via script using exportAsMotionGraphicsTemplate, the exported .mogrt files loose some properties in their embedded deifnition.json files - they miss eg. default values, default text strings and their menu options arrays are empty.

This means they are not working in Premiere, where the result is empty dropdown menus and text inputs that reset to empty and will only send empty strings to the template regardless of user input.

Attached is a zip file with…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. About removing the Pro Import plug-in on MacOS

Sorry about the ranting, but this made me very disappointed to Adobe again:

So, Adobe and Mac combination is not for pro users?

First Adobe disabled exporting Prores XQ on Mac, now latest update (17.0.4.) disables Pro Import plugin, making importing AAF, OMF, FCP XML impossible - even I don't use macOS Catalina!
    In Orwellian way, this is listed under "Bug fixes"! Made me spill my coffee.
    At least add a warning sign to get user attention before pressing update!

If Premiere can import some of these formats, why not After Effects?
    I would imagine Adobe's $11 billion annual revenue…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Scene Detect

Scene detect or cut/edit detection would be very helpful for those of us who get final cut videos from an editor who cannot provide project files with all the separate clips (or EDLs).

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Preview Bug

The new update is full of bugs. Every time I preview a comp AE gets stuck in playback and I can't stop it. AE has been the most reliable and least faulty app Adobe has made. Please don't break it too.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Bug: Errors when importing Animate .fla into AE project

As of the recent 17.0.2 update, I'm finding that I can't import Animate .fla files into AE.

The import dialog hangs for a while (whited-out in a non responsive state), then returns an error simply stating: "An error occured while importing this file. Please try again.". This error often appears behind the import dialog, and is easily missed.

This seems to happen with all .fla files, so I don't think it's a specifically broken file. On the previous AE / An version I had gotten around 50% of the way through a large project with fla importing working fine, and…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Cache preview calculation cannot be stoped

After pushing the space bar for the cache preview calculation, After Effects does not respond any more. Only option is to quit After Effects with the task manager. Makes it unusable.
    NVIDIA Studio Driver 442.92

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add transform shortcuts to Shape Layer's Groups

It would be amazing if the transform shortcuts (A, P, S, R, T) could also work with Shape Layer's Group when they are selected.

This would be a workflow example:
    Double click a shape layer to reach its group. Then press "P" to edit its position.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Can you create a simpler way to loop a layer.

The current method seems unnecessarily complicated and annoying.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Centralized plugins and scripts folder

Just select the folder where AE should load the plugins and scripts from.
    Like it is in Cinema 4D R21 or like it is handled with extensions.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Make AE Project Files Git-able.

It would be great if the AE project file was open like say HTML or something that can be used with Git. Having revision control and more scriptable. Making After Effects more open would allow a great range of tools and workflows to be applied.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Auto save should ALWAYS work - CC 2020

If I set my autosave to activate every 20 minutes, then I should see an autosave file every 20 minutes. But that just doesn't seem to be the case.

Does it only activate if a manual save hasn't been triggered in over 20 minutes? Because if so, it's very shortsighted and risky! If I make a manual save it's because I want to save the work I'm doing right at that moment. Autosaves, on the other hand, are for going back to past stages of the project.

I shouldn't have to worry about autosaves not activating, just because I'm being…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Multiple projects open simultaneously

Premiere Pro use to not be able to open multiple projects simultaneously, but now that it does it has helped make my personal workflow so much better because I can easily copy elements from one project to another without the need to go to import an entirely separate project.

I think it would be just as helpful to be able to open multiple projects in After Effects the same way.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Individual Comp Settings Render Path

This is something that has bugged me for years.  I open a project, render.  Hop into a different project. Add to Render Queue.  Now all of my settings are pointing to the other projects render paths... 

I work for an advertising agency and I am constantly rendering work for multiple clients. When going back and forth the only way to retain output paths is to duplicate the item in the render queue.  Why?  Each composition should have the option within the -- Composition Settings -- to set a render path.  When you duplicate the comp, the render path stays.  This…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Support for importing Adobe Dimensions scenes

Support for importing an Adobe Dimension Scene and use it the same way a Cinema 4D scene is used.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 19 20
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base