After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. BUG: JSON footage files do not auto reload when written by ExtendScript

If a valid json footage asset is imported into a project and used for Expression data in a layer, and it is subsequently overwritten by an ExtendScript process, After Effects CC 2019 will not auto-refresh the JSON footage item in the project nor in any layer referencing the JSON footage layer. Choosing "Reload Footage" on the json footage item does not seem to do work either — this this did work in CC 2018. However, if focus is removed from AE, and a different process opens and overwrites the source of a JSON footage item, then focus is returned to AE,…

3 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for posting this bug, Arie.

After an extensive back and forth with our developers, we’ve concluded that yes, there’s a bug here. We’ll need to investigate further what’s going on, but the problem appears to connected to the fact that it’s a script, being run by After Effects, that is updating the JSON file.

There was some confusion as to whether we’d expect this to work automatically, without manually calling the Reload Footage command (either in the script or via UI), but that the behavior changed between releases of After Effects tells us that something in the code changed and we should understand why.

2. Master Properties bug (String Memory Leak)

If I use Master Properties to edit text inside a pre-comp, I get a "string memory leak" error when I quit After Effects. If I then clear the custom text by clicking the "Pull from Master Comp" icon, and then save and re-open After Effects, I no longer get the error (at least until I edit the text again through Master Properties).

As an example, I have attached two files. The file with text edited through Master Properties gives me the error upon quitting AE. The other file is identical, except that the text has not been edited through Master…

17 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Mesh warp bad parameter bug

Exporting from premiere I got an "Unable to create frame" error on an AE linked comp (error code -160962695). The comp was an animation of a PNG graphic with some Mesh warp "glitch" effects.

Tried to render from AE, initially got an error about the memory requirements of the frame while in 32bpc color (error 12804) but after switching to 8bpc I started to get a different error, after that point it was the same error in either 32 or 8pbc.

The final error was a Bad parameter error (error 516) and I discovered that it was the animated Mesh…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for sharing the project file. I was able to reproduce the problem, both with your project and by replicating the conditions of the bug from scratch.

This is a bug which has existed in the Mesh Warp effect for a long time. At this time we do not plan to fix it, because the conditions of the bug are uncommon and easy to work around. But we will leave this bug in “Under Review” state to allow people to continue to vote on it. If this problem is more common that we assume, we can raise the priority and fix this in a future update.

The problem is a combination of a high-resolution layer and moving the mesh warp points a great distance outside of the bounds of the layer.

In this case, your layer is greater than 8000×5000 pixels, though scaled down to 10%, and one of…

4. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Team Projects in AE crashes every time you try and copy a PSD from one composition to another

I'm trying out team projects for the first time with 2 other animators. I created a master team project file that they are trying to incorporate their existing AEP files into. Each animator imported their old AEP files into the team project. They need to copy layers from their imported comps and paste them into compositions that I made in the team project. Every single time they hit command C to copy the layers from their imported projects, AE crashes and shuts down completely without warning. This was reproducible on different computers on different Adobe accounts. It also happened on…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Advanced Puppet Pin Reordering Bug

CC2018 (15.1.0-build166) / MacOS 10.12.6

I am not able to change order of advanced puppet pins after pin position has been modified. Doing so kills preview and breaks mesh. If I revert back to original order, preview is restored and mesh works again.

I'm able to recreate this problem on multiple machines.

1. Apply puppet mesh to layer

2. Add 2+ pins to mesh

3. Adjust position of pins

4. Change order of Puppet Pins

5. Move layer position (not sure if this is necessary)

6. Adjust position of pins

Sometime works for a few seconds after, but eventually preview will fail. revealing mesh will show…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base