After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. FIX After Effects 2022 V22.0.1

After Effects 2022 v22.0.1 DOES NOT EXPORT TO MEDIA ENCODER on Windows. This problem was reported for Mac, but it was directly stated that others have the same problem on Windows. Exact same symptoms, exact same behaviour. You try to export a video from After Effects using the Media Encoder Queue, and nothing happens. Media Encoder opens and just sits there doing absolutely nothing.

114 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

58 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 18.4 is eating through my memory and then crashing during previews and renders

After Effects is eating through memory when previewing and rendering. It goes through my 128 gig in about a hundred frames and then crashes.

After effects is getting worse not better

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. BUG: Unable to Launch Script UI Panels

BUG: Unable to Launch Script UI Panels

Since updating to AE 22.1.1, I am unable to launch script UI panels. I've tried with multiple ones that I've used the last several years (all from AE Scripts) but get the beach ball of death and AE becomes unresponsive causing me to Force Quit. I've tried deleting AE and reinstalling multiple times to no avail. Help in this matter would be greatly appreciated as I use these scripts everyday and do not have a workaround.

System specs:
    Model Name: MacBook Pro
    Model Identifier: MacBookPro18,2
    Chip: Apple M1 Max
    Total Number of Cores:…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. After effects 2021 hangs on composition opening

AE 2021 hangs when I load compositions in the project.
    If I move to a different composition or go inside a nested composition it doesn't matter - the program will hang - only force quitting will help.
    Makes this version unusable.
    I have older versions of AE and it works fine.
    I use macOS Catalina
    happens randomly on new projects as well as old ones.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  24 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. BUG: Changing color mode on Illustrator file crashes AE

This is a repeatable error in After Effects. It involves changing the color mode on an Illustrator file that is already in and AE comp with Hue / Saturation effect on it.

• Import a CMYK Illustrator file into AE and place it in a comp.
    • Put a Hue / Saturation effect on the Illustrator layer in the comp.
    • Save the AE project.
    • Open the Illustrator file and change the color mode to RGB and save the Illustrator file.
    • After Effects will crash, and will crash whenever you try and open the project again. EVEN if you change the Illustrator file…
    2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  2 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. CRASHES when I try to use Trapcode Particular!

AE 2022 Crashes Every Time I try to use Trapcode Particular and select PRESETS. Please fix ASAP

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Bug: Mercury Transmit causes freeze when Comp settings change

Using After Effects 18.2.1 (2021), when Mercury Transmit is active, switching to a Composition that has different settings than the current one will cause the program to freeze.

I've tested Comps with different resolutions and frame rates and both changes cause the program to freeze.

I will try to describe a couple example scenarios below:

1) With Mercury Transmit active, if I have a 1920x1080 comp and I switch to a comp that has a 4K resolution, I get a spinning wheel (the program freezes) and my only option is to force quit.
    Here is a video of this specific…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Bug Report: v22.1.1 Can not export PNG

Can not export PNG thru render que. Works with AME.
    sRGB 16bit comp.
    Windows10...latest build...super-user workstation.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Bug: Path Group Mistaken for Mask Crash

(MacOS - AE version 22.0) When selecting multiple path groups (not the properties) and attempting to hit the shortcut to arrange a layer forward or backward, the program will crash.

I only came across it accidentally when I thought I had the layer selected and not the path groups.

I've also attached an error message that pops up when only one of the groups is selected.

It seems that what's causing it is when path groups are selected, it's confusing them for masks, as seen in the menu command for arranging layers.

This doesn't seem to happen on Windows from…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Mercury Transit Preview still crashes in latest AE V 22.0.1

After Effects V 22.0.1 still crashes while using a 3rd preview monitor via Mercury Transit.

My setups: Mac Pro trashcan (Late 2013) 12 core with 64GB and AMD FirePro D300, now running MacOS Monterey. I have 3 monitors- 2 4K Dell P2715Qs over mini Displayport and a JVC DT-v24L1 broadcast preview monitor over HDMI

Also occurs on new 2021 Macbook Pro 16 running Monterey

Repeatable crash: Preferences-> Video Preview -> Enable Mercury Transit ->Video Device: Adobe Monitor 2: 1920x1080

In a project that has different sized comps, say 1920x1080 and 1080x1080, AE will crash when switching between comps of different…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. After Effects Under Rosetta 2 (and M1 Native) Hangs and Crashes Running Non-Plaintext Scripts

No Mac version of AE will run obfuscated (usually purchased and copy-protected by obfuscation) JSX or JSXBin scripts. 2022 under Rosetta 2 doesn't work. The M1 native beta doesn't work. Attempting to run any hangs with the spinning cursor and needs to be force closed.

Plain-text scripts work fine, but that isn't good enough. This issue is disastrous as many of us use purchased scripts in our workflows.

AE 2022 is supposed to be compatible with M1 under Rosetta 2 - this is a MAJOR PROBLEM

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Trapcode

After Effects 2022 crashes when opening the Trapcode Particular v4.1.5 Designer window/program.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. After Effects Constantly Crashing

After Effects has been installed on my machine for a few months. I have not opened it until today. I am attempting to complete the built-in tutorials. I am able to make some progress but the application simply closes. At times it freezes and stops responding before close, other times there is no forewarning. In either scenario, there is no error message or prompt the save, nor a "not responding" indicator, it simply closes.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Screen glitching when RAM previewing (22.0.1)

Since updating to AE 2022, my screen keeps glitching when I'm doing RAM previews. See attached screenshot. I've cleared my cache, restarted, and even tried turning off MFR. It renders fine, but is causing issues and preventing me from properly seeing how my comps look. I just updated from 22.0 to 22.0.1 and the problem is still persisting. Any thoughts?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Projects created through "collect files" cant find any mp4 files when rendered through aerender

When you create a new project through the "collect files" option, and try to render any output from that newly created file through AErender, it will fail to render. It appears that any mp4 used in the original project can be found initially - but doesn't have the correct icon which is strange - and then as soon as that file is called to be rendered, for example when the layer the file is on starts, the render crashes with the error that the cannot be found.

The issue goes away if you open the file manually once, to have…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Everything disappears from view at certain comp sizes

I'm experiencing a strange bug. At certain comp sizes, everything disappears from view. I have a project that needs to be 768x192, but nothing shows up at this size (though at 769x192, it's magically fine). Does anyone else have the same issue? Is there any way to fix this?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Warp Stabilizer does not exceed Frame 0 when analyzing

Hi!
    I discovered a major bug in After Effects CC21 and CC22: At certain clips the warp stabilizer starts analyzing but gets stuck at Frame 0. When I then hit the cancelling button and want to close AE, After Effects freezes. The strange thing is, that it always happens on the same clip. I've seen this happening on a lot of clips so far. On other clips the warp stabilizer works just fine. Here are some things I tried, which did not solve the problem:
    + Restart After Effects
    + Restart the computer
    + Uninstall and reinstall After Effects
    +…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Multi frame rendering with cinema 4d files crashes

I have the same C4D file multiple times in the same comp but with different takes selected. Renders ok with MFR off. It would be nice if I could upload the project file and assets.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. After Effects v22.0.1 - Maxon C4D exporter does not work

The Export/Maxon Cinema 4D Exporter does not work in v22.0.1. I had to install an older version of AE to use this feature. Please address this bug. Thanks!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Bug Report AEv22.01 enabling Allow Scripts to Write Files and Access Network causes freeze and crash especially with Render Brain install

Multiple crashes with Render Brian installed. Problem still exists without Render Brain but happens less often. Only happens when Allow Scripts to Write Files and Access Network is enabled, which Render Brain requires.

Win10
    AE 22.0.1 build 2

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 19 20
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base