After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

How can we improve After Effects?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. AE keeps crashing since update

I did the update yesterday, everything worked fine, untill suddenly AE crashed. Since then it keeps crashing the moment I click on anything, no matter which project I open. I then get the following report:

<140735969784704> <BEE_WorkQueue> <5> BEE_Project::TimestampGetNext ZANZIBAR-3: cannot produce timestamp, frozen=0, open=0.

Any ideas how I can fix this?

22 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

15 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Dividing by zero in Expressions.

Have anything divided by zero, default to zero value instead of undefined.

In expressions when you divide by zero, it causes the expression to break. it would be cool if AE was smart enough to ignore this and just pretend that anything divided by zero had the value of zero. so we don't have to put if/then statements into our code to avoid this.

an example is if you are using expressions to keep the stroke of a shape layer constant as it scales. the expression looks somewhat like this.

stroke/scale/100

if scale is zero, it breaks, but if the…

9 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • BUG: Install Script... causes endless window popups, cancel button doesn't work

BUG - After selecting Install Script.. from the menu, an endless amount of popup windows occured. Pressing cancel does nothing. I had to End Process via task manager to stop it and relaunch. Please fix.

AE CC 2019, Win10

8 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for filing this bug report.

We need more information about what you are experiencing. The problem you describe doesn’t reproduce a problem for us when we choose the File > Scripts > Install Script File or Install ScriptUI Panel commands.

Please post a screenshot of what the pop-ups look like.

Does this problem occur before or after you select a script file?

If the problem occurs after you select a script file, is the file a .jsx file or a .jsxbin file? Can you share the file with us?

Is this on Windows or Mac? What OS version?

Edit 31 October 2018: Sean, thanks for the screen recording. Please see my comments in the thread with further questions.

• Extractor BUG, 2019

with the new update of AE 2019, whenever we are using extractor on exr passes, extractor is not going away, so at the end of the project we end up having like 55 extractor menus open on the second monitor, which is a bit funny. please fix, thanks.

4 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • CRITICAL: Cannot launch After Effects since update to 2019

Cannot launch After Effects since update to 2019! After Effects crashes the second I launch After Effects. I log the crash report through the Adobe dialog that appears then After Effects displays the splash screen saying it is initialising MediaCore but never gets past this. Premiere Pro and Media Encoder work fine.

5 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Crash When Editing Text CC2019

I had written too much text and it went outside of the bounding box, so to fix it I was going to change the font size. So I hit Shift + Up and I got an immediate crash.

3 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for filing this bug report, and for providing logs and a test project.

We have investigated the problem and have been able to reproduce the crashing condition. Specifically, when using the arrow keys to position the cursor or select text in a paragraph text box that overflows text, and the text cursor is within the overflow text, After Effects will crash.

Our apologies about the disruption. We will evaluate this bug for a future update to After Effects.

• Some conflict between cuda and AE 2018/2019 and transform effect

Error GPU out of memory appears when I use "transform" effect on a solid layer, if I disable GPU acceleration or work in AE CC 2017 all is fine.

3 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for filing this bug report.

We need more information about the conditions you experience the problem.

• What OS and version are you using? i.e., Windows 10 or macOS 10.14
                  • What graphics card is installed? What driver version?
                  • Does the this problem only happen in your existing projects, or does it occur if you create a new comp and a new solid, and apply only the Transform effect?

Update 26 Nov 2018:
                  Could you share a project with us that exhibits the problem? I think we need to inspect the specific conditions of the comp that you’re using. We’re not able to reproduce the problem with a simple comp + solid.

Post a link to your files here, or if you prefer not to post publicly you can send it to aebugs@adobe.com. (If you send to that address: A) Do not send .zip files, they will be blocked;…

• AE 16.0.1 (Build 48) crashes if you close the Frame.io panel

AE 16.0.1 (Build 48) crashes if you close the Frame.io panel

2 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• BUG: Essential Graphics Stalls Timeline Scrubbing

I have a fairly large project that uses the Essential Graphics panel to control about 20 properties across 10-12 comps. When the EG panel is closed, everything works perfectly. But as soon as I open the EG panel and attempt to scrub in the Timeline AE freezes for about 25-30 seconds.

One workaround I've discovered is that if I group the properties into folders, as long as the folder is collapsed I can scrub freely. But as soon as I expand the group of properties the problem returns.

Coworkers with smaller projects and fewer EG properties are experiencing the same…

5 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for filing this bug.

We will ask the developers to investigate, however it would be helpful if you could provide us a project that causes this problem. This may be related to the specific contents of the Essential Graphics panel or your project’s workspace.

Please post a link to your files here, or if you prefer not to post publicly you can send it to aebugs@adobe.com. (If you send to that address: A) Do not send .zip files, they will be blocked; renaming to .thisisazipfile is OK. B) Post a comment here when you have sent the email. I need to manually check that inbox.)

• Exported mogrt causes crash in Premiere Pro CC2019

I've created a lower third mogrt which has no errors in After Effects. Once I try to place it on my timeline in Premiere Pro, it crashes with no error message.
                      The lower third consists of three nested comps, a variable slider that enables the user to choose which comps should be visible. And Variables that links to master proprties of the three comps respectively.

1 vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Windows' beta Unicode UTF-8 setting breaks After Effects

When enabling the administrative region setting "Beta: Use Unicode UTF-8 for worldwide language support" under Windows, After Effects fails to start up displaying an error over the splash screen. (See screenshots.)

Note: The setting in question is available under the release version of Windows; however, I am running the Insider edition of Windows, and, as such, can't say if this affects only Insider or the released version as I have not tested that case. It would be nice if someone could test this to confirm. Please note that toggling the setting requires a reboot.

3 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Fix the string memory leak

I'd like it if Ae didn't give me a "bad layer check out" and string memory leak warning literally every time I quit.

9 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • Bug report: AE crashes when quitting/opening a new project.

Updated to 2019 a few days ago and every since AE crashes every time I quit the program or try to open a new or different project from within the program. I've also noticed some general bugginess with masks/blending modes and time-remapped footage, but the most consistent bug is the crash on quit. I sometimes get the following error messages (also attached with crash report): "Unable to allocate 0.001 MB of memory" and "After Effects error: strange situation [0/2]. ( 26 ;; 84)"

I've tried removing all of my scripts and uninstalling then reinstalling AE but nothing has worked. Old…

4 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

• Bug report: no audio during Puppet tool animation

Just tried to animate a puppet pin on a layer using the animation/sketch function. I have a video track with audio that I wanted to animate the pin to (a moving mouth) but when I start the recording (holding down the command key) there's no audio playback. Apparently this has been a bug since CC2015?

FYI I followed the direction on this page, which indicates that I should be able to animate to audio. Animating the pin worked as expected, just no sound from the audio track in the comp.

5 votes
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • BUG: JSON footage files do not auto reload when written by ExtendScript

If a valid json footage asset is imported into a project and used for Expression data in a layer, and it is subsequently overwritten by an ExtendScript process, After Effects CC 2019 will not auto-refresh the JSON footage item in the project nor in any layer referencing the JSON footage layer. Choosing "Reload Footage" on the json footage item does not seem to do work either — this this did work in CC 2018. However, if focus is removed from AE, and a different process opens and overwrites the source of a JSON footage item, then focus is returned to AE,…

3 votes
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for posting this bug, Arie.

After an extensive back and forth with our developers, we’ve concluded that yes, there’s a bug here. We’ll need to investigate further what’s going on, but the problem appears to connected to the fact that it’s a script, being run by After Effects, that is updating the JSON file.

There was some confusion as to whether we’d expect this to work automatically, without manually calling the Reload Footage command (either in the script or via UI), but that the behavior changed between releases of After Effects tells us that something in the code changed and we should understand why.

• String memory leak

Error 83::2 - String Memory Leak
                                  I get this error message every time I log out of AE 2019 whilst using one particular project that involves a lot of imports. Will not open the files again later. I can work around it by importing the file into a new project, but once I save the NEW project, under a different name and go to quit the program, I get the same error message and rinse and repeat. I don't know which, if any, files are corrupt and the program otherwise acts normally until I try and close out the program.It…

2 votes
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• String memory leak

Hello,

On my mac when im closing after effect i get massage
                                    String memory leak.
                                    Someone know what is mean?

Thanks

18 votes
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • Blank window, UI not showing up

My entire after effects window is just completely blank. The welcome window appears normally but nothing else. I can see my cursor changing as I hover over parts of the window and can click hidden buttons if I click around enough. If I choose to pop out panels they render, but otherwise are invisible.

I’ve reinstalled and cleaned my computer of all adobe files with adobe‘s cleaner app. All my other adobe programs work fine.

This started happening after Cinema 4D lite crashed while asking for Mac accessibility permissions.

3 votes
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Curves effect bug

There is a bug in the Curves color correction effect where the mouse changes to a pencil tool when trying to edit graph/curves and it cannot be changed back to a cross so an entire whole line can be moved.

VERY FRUSTRATING.

2 votes
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Trapcode Particular "Effects Builder" in crashing Ae.

After Effect 16.0.1 immediately crashes when attempting to open the "Effects Builder" window in Trapcode Particular v2.6.0.

1 vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Please do not use your Adobe ID and password.

Feedback and Knowledge Base