After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

How can we improve After Effects?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Mercury Transmit issue in 16.1

Just upgraded to 16.1 and I can no longer access my external monitor. Mercury transit automatically switches to "monitor 2" when I need it to stay on "monitor 1" even after I reset my preferences.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

15 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. AE keeps crashing since update

I did the update yesterday, everything worked fine, untill suddenly AE crashed. Since then it keeps crashing the moment I click on anything, no matter which project I open. I then get the following report:

<140735969784704> <BEE_WorkQueue> <5> BEE_Project::TimestampGetNext ZANZIBAR-3: cannot produce timestamp, frozen=0, open=0.

Any ideas how I can fix this?

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Extractor BUG, 2019

with the new update of AE 2019, whenever we are using extractor on exr passes, extractor is not going away, so at the end of the project we end up having like 55 extractor menus open on the second monitor, which is a bit funny. please fix, thanks.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Dividing by zero in Expressions.

Have anything divided by zero, default to zero value instead of undefined.

In expressions when you divide by zero, it causes the expression to break. it would be cool if AE was smart enough to ignore this and just pretend that anything divided by zero had the value of zero. so we don't have to put if/then statements into our code to avoid this.

an example is if you are using expressions to keep the stroke of a shape layer constant as it scales. the expression looks somewhat like this.

stroke/scale/100

if scale is zero, it breaks, but if the…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. CRITICAL: Cannot launch After Effects since update to 2019

Cannot launch After Effects since update to 2019! After Effects crashes the second I launch After Effects. I log the crash report through the Adobe dialog that appears then After Effects displays the splash screen saying it is initialising MediaCore but never gets past this. Premiere Pro and Media Encoder work fine.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 16.1 update memory bug

After updating to 16.1 After effects is unable to allocate memory. I have a 64GB RAM system, but After effects is unable to load frames more than 10 frames HD at quarter resolution, suggests getting more RAM...
    Also, the update doesn't migrate the panel layout settings or revert to them when opening a existing project which was saved with the panel layout (which is kinda weird, AE has a tendency to rearrange the panel layout when opening a project for an other user to their layout (very frustrating...), but when you actually want this to happen (because for some strange…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Send to After Effects doesn't send R3D RAW settings

If you send to AE from Premiere the R3D raw settings don't carry through. Makes the workflow useless.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Rendering frames to DPX fails randomly prior to completion after the latest update, sits idle, must reset render options & click render -BUG

Updated to latest After Effects update on 4/6/19. Rendering is not reliable. Render creates a random number of complete DPX frames before ending prematurely and returning to a normal GUI working state. Programs does not crash, only the render stops and has to be set up again and the render button must be clicked again. Fails multiple times during the course of rendering 300 frames of DPX. Very high aggravation, factor please fix.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for filing this bug report. We need additional information before we can investigate this problem.

What OS and version are you using? (ex., Windows 10 or macOS 10.14.3)

Do you receive any error messages? Is there a log file in the render output folder that indicates which frames were rendered or not?

Are you rendering via the render queue in After Effects with the UI open? Or are you using the command-line renderer, watch folder rendering, a distributed rendering solution, or other?

It may help if you provide us with a project file that demonstrates the problem (with the item queued and ready to render) and a screen recording of the problem in action. Post a link to your files here, or if you prefer not to post publicly you can send it to aebugs@adobe.com. (If you send to that address: A) Do not send .zip files,…

9. Windows' beta Unicode UTF-8 setting breaks After Effects

When enabling the administrative region setting "Beta: Use Unicode UTF-8 for worldwide language support" under Windows, After Effects fails to start up displaying an error over the splash screen. (See screenshots.)

Note: The setting in question is available under the release version of Windows; however, I am running the Insider edition of Windows, and, as such, can't say if this affects only Insider or the released version as I have not tested that case. It would be nice if someone could test this to confirm. Please note that toggling the setting requires a reboot.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Cineware fix on first start

A lot of time, when I open an .aep file with a .c4d in the project, the cineware plugin have an error. I have to restart AE to work fine.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. crash occurred while invoking plug-in "AE-XD Integration"

Everytime when i export from xd to ae and save a project and get the error message and then after effects crashes.

AE 15.1.2
    Mac OS 10.13.6

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Late to the party, updated to 16.1

Late to the party, updated to 16.1 and I'm having all sorts of issues with text layers (sometimes they crash it completely, other times if it's a text layer on top of another layer, the text layer disappears.) Also, any project from a previous version crashes when I try to update it so I have to import it into a new project and pray the comp I open doesn't crash.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for filing this bug report.

A bug where After Effects may crash when opening a project if there are missing fonts was fixed in the April 2019 bug-fix patch for After Effects (version 16.1.1). You can install this patch via the Creative Cloud desktop application.

If the 16.1.1 update does not resolve the problem you’re experiencing, it would be helpful if you could provide us with one or more project files that demonstrate the issues you’ve described.

Post a link to your files here, or if you prefer not to post publicly you can send it to aebugs@adobe.com. (If you send to that address: A) Do not send .zip files, they will be blocked; renaming to .thisisazipfile is OK. B) Post a comment here when you have sent the email. I need to manually check that inbox.)

13. Some conflict between cuda and AE 2018/2019 and transform effect

Error GPU out of memory appears when I use "transform" effect on a solid layer, if I disable GPU acceleration or work in AE CC 2017 all is fine.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for filing this bug report.

We need more information about the conditions you experience the problem.

• What OS and version are you using? i.e., Windows 10 or macOS 10.14
    • What graphics card is installed? What driver version?
    • Does the this problem only happen in your existing projects, or does it occur if you create a new comp and a new solid, and apply only the Transform effect?

Update 26 Nov 2018:
    Could you share a project with us that exhibits the problem? I think we need to inspect the specific conditions of the comp that you’re using. We’re not able to reproduce the problem with a simple comp + solid.

Post a link to your files here, or if you prefer not to post publicly you can send it to aebugs@adobe.com. (If you send to that address: A) Do not send .zip files, they will be blocked;…

14. Any 29.97 fps footage crashes AE 16.1

Hi After Effects 16.1 crashes continuously while adding any 29.98 fps footage to the comp.
    It imports to the project ok, opens in the footage window, allows to trim but Ae immediately freezes as I insert -edit it to the composition.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Exporting Tracking Data from Mocha CRASHES AE Team Projects

Exporting Tracking Data from Mocha CRASHES AE Team Projects.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Parented camera with identity rotation fails to update in CINEWARE

This bug involves AfterEffects to Cinema 4D communication via Cineware. The bug may be in Cineware, or in After Effects itself. Observed in AE CC 15.1.2 (Build 69) with Cineware 3.1.22, but may be present in earlier builds as well, unknown.

Open test file CinewareTest.aep in After Effects. It references (six times) CinewareTest.c4d, also supplied.

The test file uses Cinema 4D to render the 3D comp Camera01_3D in six face renders (Cm1Front_3D/Cm1Left_3D/Cm1Right_3D/Cm1Up_3D/Cm1Down_3D/Cm1Back_3D) to build up a cube map comp CM1Cube, which is then converted to equirectangular for the final 2D comp Camera01_360VR. In normal use, that Camera01_360VR contains background 360VR…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Bug report: no audio during Puppet tool animation

Just tried to animate a puppet pin on a layer using the animation/sketch function. I have a video track with audio that I wanted to animate the pin to (a moving mouth) but when I start the recording (holding down the command key) there's no audio playback. Apparently this has been a bug since CC2015?

FYI I followed the direction on this page, which indicates that I should be able to animate to audio. Animating the pin worked as expected, just no sound from the audio track in the comp.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Mocha Export Data to Null Not Working

In AE 16.0.1 on Mac OS 10.13.6, 3.1GHZ macbook pro
    Successfully tracked object in mocha and created tracking data, however when I try to export the transform data onto a null, it only applies one set of keyframes at the start of timeline. Experiencing the same when applying corner pin data and motion blur corner pin data. Tried applying to a solid instead of a null and that did not work either.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Exported mogrt causes crash in Premiere Pro CC2019

I've created a lower third mogrt which has no errors in After Effects. Once I try to place it on my timeline in Premiere Pro, it crashes with no error message.
    The lower third consists of three nested comps, a variable slider that enables the user to choose which comps should be visible. And Variables that links to master proprties of the three comps respectively.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Fix the string memory leak

I'd like it if Ae didn't give me a "bad layer check out" and string memory leak warning literally every time I quit.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8
  • Don't see your idea?

Please do not use your Adobe ID and password.

Feedback and Knowledge Base