After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 17.1.4.37 Zoom Full Preview >= 50% displays transparency checker only :(

With Full quality preview, when zoomed >= 50%, preview window displays transparency checker only. I have to either zoom out to 50% and above or lower the preview quality to Half or lower.

CPU: AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950x 16-Cores
    RAM: 48GB DDR4
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 17.1.4 Causing Many Crashes

Updated to the latest version of 17.1.4 today and so far, AE has crashed about 4 times. It was obviously not ready for Prime Time! :(
    Am I the only one with this issue? Comps are extensive, but previous version was not crashing at all.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Color Management Enabled provides stuttering playback on external monitor.

Using a black magic card for playback on external monitor, plays back stuttering on the monitor. Everything works fine when Color Managment is disabled.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. After Effects keeps on crashing when working with shape layers

Since the last update (version 17.5), After Effects has been crashing a lot - maybe 5 or 6 times a day. Seems to be when working with shape layers as much as I can tell. Could be anything from re-sizing a rectangle, to changing a colour fill.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Please add support for AMD Radeon Pro 5600M (in MacBook Pro 16 inch)

I've just got of a session with your tech support where I was informed that the GPU in my MacBook Pro (16-inch 2019) is not supported by After Effects. It is the AMD Radeon Pro 5600M, a card that I believed was the best choice for intensive motion graphics and video editing. I am in a state of disbelief that after spending a small fortune on buying a custom built (fully spec'd out MacBook) that it is crawling along on the intel UHD Graphics 630 rather than the performance GPU that I paid all the $ for and expected to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Having a major problem with AE

Keeps on crashing on playback - anyone else having this problem. It's quite urgent as I have deadlines for a client

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 英特尔NUC NUC8I7HVK4完全没法使用AR和PR

英特尔NUC NUC8I7HVK4电脑完全没法使用AR和PR,对应AMD显卡为Radeon RX Vega M GH Graphics,更新到 Radeon Sofoware 20.2.2版本以后 每次导入视频后,会黑屏一次。并且视频无法预览和正常播放。

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Timeline sluggish when waveform is visible.

When waveform is visible scrolling the timeline is choppy and sluggish. I would rather Adobe prioritise performance over new features. Far more people use audio waveforms for pacing than content aware fill. Make AE run fast and stable, please.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Less expensive expression for text dimensions than sourceRectAtTime()

Mogrts with layers depending on text size become very sluggish with to many calls for sourceRectAtTime.

Text rendering and sourceRectAtTime seems not to cache well in Premiere, and when precomposing and duplicating a layer with master properties (eg. one instance pr. line of text) the performance degrades rapidly.

Is there another way around getting the size and anchor of a text layer from another layer? Could this be constant on text layers where the sourcetext property is constant. Could there be a seperation of width/height and anchor?

When programming with text in other platforms querying a text/font object about dimensions…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Disable continuously rasterize text

The performance of the Text rendering engine in After Effects suffers tremendously when doing typography-dependent expressions in mogrts.

When the sourceText property of a text layer remains constant throughout the timeline, it should be an option to disable continuous rasterisation of the text layer - this could be a performance boost for mogrts where sourceRectAtTime measurements of text objects with user input from master properties are relevant for the animation of other layers.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Full program multi-threaded support

After Effects would benefit greatly from being able to actually utilize all cores when rendering, rather than having to rely on a third party solution, like the excellent program Render Garden by Mekajiki.

1,145 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

513 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi folks! A quick update to let you know that three new Multi-Frame Rendering features went live in the After Effects public beta (18.4×37 and later) earlier this week:

• Speculative Preview: When AE is idle (you’re checking your email, grabbing a coffee or even just browsing effects), it will render your timeline in the background so you’re ready to preview when you get back.
    • Multi-Frame Rendering in Adobe Media Encoder Beta: Enable MFR in the AE Beta and export in the background up to 3x faster.
    • Render notifications on desktop, iOS and Android: AE can let you know when it’s done no matter where you are via the Creative Cloud app. (Fun bonus: notifications will even work on your smartwatch!)

Here’s a link with more info on each feature:
    https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects-beta/multi-frame-rendering-is-here-aka-the-multithreading-you-ve-been-asking-for/m-p/12131175#M925

Let us know how things are working for you on the beta forums. And stay tuned for more Multi-Frame Rendering…

12. UI and scrubbing laggy ... unless you select a path.

I experienced a weird behaviour in AE.
    The UI is quite laggy in a composition with many shape layers. Unless I select a path. Then the performance is perfect.
    When watching the task manager, it seems like AE doesn't properly use the GPU for display, unless the path is selected.

Here's a video of the behaviour.

https://youtu.be/ZIQYO0ek3U0

After Effects v.17.1.2

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Rendering times are roughly double in 17.1.4

Rendering in 17.1.4 is twice as slow for me as in 17.1.3. Multiple comps from different projects took at least double the time to render. A 1.5 hour render took over 3 hours, a 7 minute render took 20 minutes. Downgrading back tp 17.1.3 fixed the issue.

2016 MacBook Pro 8-core i9, 64 GB RAM, external GPU - RX 5700 XT

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. After Effects UI is EXTREMELY SLOW (mainly on PC)

After Effects, particularly on a PC with Windows and a 4K screen behaves extremely slow. I have 1080ti GPU and a 9940x CPU at 4.5 ghz and 128gb of ram. The more layers I add the slower it gets. It's ok that the frames take longer to render, but why does the ENTIRE UI need to be slower and slower. Can't I scrub the timeline in the same speed and regardless of frames taking longer to render??? On a mac this is faster, though still slow. This is the MAIN reason why After Effects feels horribly slow and it is…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. BUG GPU accelerated effects render in After Effects but not Media Encoder

I have a project containing many comps using GPU accelerated effects, e.g. gaussian blur, VR chromatic aberration, fractal noise and levels.

I can render these comps in After Effects, but when I send to Media Encoder the effects fail to render. I'm using 3 1070 GTXs and am on the latest recommended (by Adobe, no less) Studio drivers.

Additionally, when I attempt to use the text tool in this project, there's a lag of about 2 seconds when attempting to enter text.

AE 17.1.4.37
    AME 14.4.35

Windows 10 Pro version 2004, OS 19041.508
    Nvidia studio drivers 452.06

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Audio doesn´t play completely

The audio doesn´t play, neither when I´m working nor when I preview. The waveform on my composition shows the audio but there is no sound.
    I´ve already tried using both my computers audio and headphones and neither worked.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Tracker Bug

While using the Tracker function, when the tracker is running, if you change the current window, After Effects hangs up and the entire window cannot be controlled. Even though the tracker is still running. None of the buttons are operational. The only option is to end task. This problem does not occur if the current window is not changed. Another work around noted was if you stop tracking and change window to do other work, and then come back to After Effects to resume tracking, then it does not hang. It seems to work fine as long as the tracking…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Linking text and format shows properly in all languages

When linking text and formatting to a source layer, quite often when substituting the text for a different language, the text doesn't translate over to the actual composition in use. The source text layer looks correct, but the layer that should be updating does not.

Here's the documentation for reference:
    https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/using/expressions-text-properties.html

Again, if substituting the source copy with a new language, the linked layer should update to, but it often does not. Would be happy to provide some test files if necessary.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Increase 2gb image buffer limit

Constantly running into the 2GB image buffer limit when using 16k HDRI images and large renders. For studios/people with high-performance hardware there should be an option to increase this limit.

We work with very large canvas' (16k+) and this limit is crippling our workflow.

If a GPU render engine like redshift can handle 16K 32bit HDRI files no problem then why are we limited in post?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. BUG REPORT: Exports from Illustrator not importing to AE

BUG REPORT:

All file types exported from Illustrator are not importing into After Effects (files tried: jpg, png, ai).
    When importing AE just keeps importing the same file image over and over again. It's the correct name, but the image is incorrect.

The workaround that I found is to re-save files in Photoshop, which is not a long term solution.

Thanks for looking into this

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base