After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. GPU should be used more especially when using shape in animations.

GPU should be used more especially when using shape in animations.

GPU utilization too low while working.I want you to use about 80% of the whole.

GPUの使用率が低すぎるので70~80%ぐらいは常に使う様に処理を改善して欲しい。現状ではかなり使用率が低すぎる。

319 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

11 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Interface is Slow and Laggy

Dear Adobe,

Me again.

Please stop everything that you're doing with the development of new bells and whistles and doodads and put all your resources and firepower into resolving the years-old issue of the Slow and Laggy Interface in After Effects. Seriously. It's been YEARS. I kept thinking, "ah, they'll fix it soon.." and hope for the best and I end up feeling like Charlie Brown trying to kick the football every time a new update for After Effects comes out. "Maybe they fixed it!" And it's still not fixed.

When I contact Support I'm told, "the issue that you…

18 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Performance performance performance

There is no greater feature you can give us than performance. AE does not take great advantage of multi-core processors. Rendering is quite slow. Playback is slow compared to Fusion and other packages. While there are definitely improvements, it seems the focus at Max is always on new features.

AE has plenty for features through plugins and scripts. What I want from AE is a speed and stability.

A faster, more stable product will improve more workflow better than 1000 new features.

16 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Playback won't stop playing back

Bug Report:

When doing a RAM preview, After Effects will cache and play like normal, but won't stop. The interface will hang and AE will continue to play back indefinitely. This issue occurs seemingly randomly several times throughout the day.

This is occurring on several computers running Windows 10 and AE 17.0.4.

28 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Exporting in AE Needs to Have Way Better GPU Acceleration

Exporting in After Effects or In Media Encoder (From AE) Needs to Have Way Better GPU Acceleration like in the Premiere Update (when using H.254, HEVEC H.265 or Mov) that uses up to %100 percent of the GPU

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. MULTITHREADING for AFX

MULTITHREADING for AFX ... it´s since ages now and nothing happens... all cores are gathering together 10% of it. In the preferences you even cant now shoose how much cores you like to use... I am opening 3 instances of AE to dispatch more frames thesame time... what a solution in 2020! Adobe ... come on!! thnx!

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Upgraded to AE 2020 - Display Acceleration Disabled

Just updated to AE 2020, and I can't Preview video on timeline anymore. When I scrub playhead I can see the animation, but when I hit Play, I'm getting just static frame (timeline even fully cached). There is also "Display Acceleration Disabled" alert in the corner of the Comp. Could you fix this issue asap?

Model Name: Mac mini
    Model Identifier: Macmini6,2
    Processor Name: Intel Core i7
    Processor Speed: 2,3 GHz
    Number of Processors: 1
    Total Number of Cores: 4
    L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
    L3 Cache: 6 MB
    Hyper-Threading Technology: Enabled
    Memory: 16 GB
    Intel HD Graphics 4000…

19 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. multicore

About multicore utilization ...

• At the present moment, there are thousands of users with new and powerful multi-core CPUs with plenty of power not utilized by Adobe's programs.
      An Adobe response to the demand that Adobe focus on this issue is that "it is difficult" ...

You are a big company, you can solve it - so solve it.

Using the excuse that it is difficult to solve is just silly and provocative - you have to prioritize this issue!

I'm sure you will get incredibly positive reactions from many users if you focus on speed and core utilization in…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. BUG Can't delete items in render queue - I mean come on, test first, release later, please

Can't delete items in render queue.

Can't do anything while rendering previews of linked files in Premiere or AME

After effects crashes if premiere rendering previews.

It is a s*** show isn't it? And you released it on us.
    Thanks

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Timeline sluggish when waveform is visible.

When waveform is visible scrolling the timeline is choppy and sluggish. I would rather Adobe prioritise performance over new features. Far more people use audio waveforms for pacing than content aware fill. Make AE run fast and stable, please.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 17.1.4 Causing Many Crashes

Updated to the latest version of 17.1.4 today and so far, AE has crashed about 4 times. It was obviously not ready for Prime Time! :(
    Am I the only one with this issue? Comps are extensive, but previous version was not crashing at all.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. BUG GPU accelerated effects render in After Effects but not Media Encoder

I have a project containing many comps using GPU accelerated effects, e.g. gaussian blur, VR chromatic aberration, fractal noise and levels.

I can render these comps in After Effects, but when I send to Media Encoder the effects fail to render. I'm using 3 1070 GTXs and am on the latest recommended (by Adobe, no less) Studio drivers.

Additionally, when I attempt to use the text tool in this project, there's a lag of about 2 seconds when attempting to enter text.

AE 17.1.4.37
    AME 14.4.35

Windows 10 Pro version 2004, OS 19041.508
    Nvidia studio drivers 452.06

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Tracker Bug

While using the Tracker function, when the tracker is running, if you change the current window, After Effects hangs up and the entire window cannot be controlled. Even though the tracker is still running. None of the buttons are operational. The only option is to end task. This problem does not occur if the current window is not changed. Another work around noted was if you stop tracking and change window to do other work, and then come back to After Effects to resume tracking, then it does not hang. It seems to work fine as long as the tracking…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. BUG: Timeline playhead doesn't follow the audio waveform at all during audio preview

With the latest build of AE, the timeline playhead doesn't follow the audio waveform at all during audio preview... it's WAY off... WAY behind where the actual audio is—making audio editing much more difficult than it's been. Please address this. Thanks!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Linking text and format shows properly in all languages

When linking text and formatting to a source layer, quite often when substituting the text for a different language, the text doesn't translate over to the actual composition in use. The source text layer looks correct, but the layer that should be updating does not.

Here's the documentation for reference:
    https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/using/expressions-text-properties.html

Again, if substituting the source copy with a new language, the linked layer should update to, but it often does not. Would be happy to provide some test files if necessary.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Full program multi-threaded support

After Effects would benefit greatly from being able to actually utilize all cores when rendering, rather than having to rely on a third party solution, like the excellent program Render Garden by Mekajiki.

976 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

427 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello everybody!

(This post was co-authored by Tim Kurkoski (After Effects Product Owner), Andrew Cheyne (After Effects Engineering Manager), and Victoria Nece (After Effects Product Manager).)

This thread has been sitting here for quite a while without a response. To start, we want to apologize for that. We haven’t been ignoring you or your feedback – this is just a particularly complex topic. That said, it’s time for us to check in with you, clarify a few things, and give you an idea of what we’re looking at for the future of After Effects, especially when it comes to performance.

To start, we fully understand that you want After Effects to be as fast as it can be – utilizing your computer’s hardware resources to render as fast as possible. Over the last several years, we have been working on the performance of After Effects constantly. Sometimes those performance gains…

17. BUG REPORT: Exports from Illustrator not importing to AE

BUG REPORT:

All file types exported from Illustrator are not importing into After Effects (files tried: jpg, png, ai).
    When importing AE just keeps importing the same file image over and over again. It's the correct name, but the image is incorrect.

The workaround that I found is to re-save files in Photoshop, which is not a long term solution.

Thanks for looking into this

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Slow GUI and preview. + aep file causing BUG

I'm having this problem since the first release of AE 2020 (still bad in 17.0.5). I prepared "issue.aep" file with one composition. It works ridicilously slow.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wf6zbwqjqnnimj3/issue.aep?dl=0

Every action requiring redrawing UI takes a lot of time and strongly loads CPU - impossible to work. "Hardware Accelerate ... Panels" option doesn't do any change. This project has many Shape Layers with Trim Paths and Fill Colors animation but works FINE and pretty fast on my machine in previous versions of AE (2019 for example).

My system: Windows 10.0.18363 Pro, Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming, i7-9700K, 32 Gb DDR4 3466 Mhz Dual-channel,…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. fix grid subdivisions

subdivision in grid is still broken, since about 2014.
    good design really really needs single pixel grid to be crisp and consistent. You can't make a proper credit roll without it
    Set to 1px 1 sub to use.
    set to 10px with 10 subdivisions cause slow performance
    assume something up with subdivision code
    this is xeon 287Wv2 and Nvidia 1070Ti x 2
    so could be CUDA, or maybe it is a retina doubling setting?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. After Effects UI is EXTREMELY SLOW (mainly on PC)

After Effects, particularly on a PC with Windows and a 4K screen behaves extremely slow. I have 1080ti GPU and a 9940x CPU at 4.5 ghz and 128gb of ram. The more layers I add the slower it gets. It's ok that the frames take longer to render, but why does the ENTIRE UI need to be slower and slower. Can't I scrub the timeline in the same speed and regardless of frames taking longer to render??? On a mac this is faster, though still slow. This is the MAIN reason why After Effects feels horribly slow and it is…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 11 12
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base