After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Interface is Slow and Laggy

Dear Adobe,

Me again.

Please stop everything that you're doing with the development of new bells and whistles and doodads and put all your resources and firepower into resolving the years-old issue of the Slow and Laggy Interface in After Effects. Seriously. It's been YEARS. I kept thinking, "ah, they'll fix it soon.." and hope for the best and I end up feeling like Charlie Brown trying to kick the football every time a new update for After Effects comes out. "Maybe they fixed it!" And it's still not fixed.

When I contact Support I'm told, "the issue that you…

171 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

40 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. GPU should be used more especially when using shape in animations.

GPU should be used more especially when using shape in animations.

GPU utilization too low while working.I want you to use about 80% of the whole.

GPUの使用率が低すぎるので70~80%ぐらいは常に使う様に処理を改善して欲しい。現状ではかなり使用率が低すぎる。

450 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. After Effects (and Media Encoder) RAM not freed after project closed (specially with javascript expression engine)

UPDATE : This problem seems to happen mainly with the javascript expression engine (and not the legacy extendscript expression engine)

Hi everyone,

We've noticed a weird RAM behavior in After Effects 2020 (17.5.1 - Build 47) and Media Encoder (14.0.1 - Build 70). When closing and opening a project multiple times, After Effects’ RAM usage is continuously growing especially when the project contains expressions (even the simplest one). Closing the project and purging memory (and Disk Cache) do not reduce the RAM usage! The only way to make the RAM usage drop seem to be closing After Effects! The same…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Exporting in AE Needs to Have Way Better GPU Acceleration

Exporting in After Effects or In Media Encoder (From AE) Needs to Have Way Better GPU Acceleration like in the Premiere Update (when using H.254, HEVEC H.265 or Mov) that uses up to %100 percent of the GPU

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. After Effects Software Bug - Version 18.1.0 (Build 38)

In this build, there's a bug that causes this error: "After Effects error: could not parse mask shape on clipboard." This occurs when ever there is any content from Illustrator in the clipboard. The error repeats consistently until the clipboard is replaced with non-Illustrator content. Please fix.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow relocate columns in AE interface

Columns like 'layer/name' and 'keys' should be on the right side, close to the timeline. It makes more sense if you consider how our eyes moves when editing properties:

1) start it on keyframes
    2) go to identify the layer/name
    3) go for pig tail, alpha etc.

...start, left, back to right. you go back and forward....

But if layer/names would be on the right, it will be start, left, left.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. What kind of expressions let project slow?

Hello guys!
    I know some expressions let the project in AE or Premiere Pro (mogrt) slow. Searching on internet I've found expressions like valueAtTime, sourceRectAtTime or those who eval layer index. Well, I know too that code like "if else" statament let code slow as well. I would like to know if is that all true and if possible, to know what kind of code/expressions would be interesting to avoid in order to keep MOGRT or even after effects projects better in performance. Thanks in advance!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. No preview playback under 5 fps

In After Effects CC2020 (Windows 10), I get no playback when I set the preview frame rate below 5. At 5 fps the preview works, anything below it doesn't.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. OpenCL being dismissed on Nvidia cards due to no SSG? problem?

System Compatibilityis GPU sniffing and if SSG (AMD only GPU nvme cache) is not present the card is ignored.
    It seems that some processes benefit from Cuda but some also benefit from Open CL.
    Many apps at least let you choose CUDA or Open CL
    So either:
    - let the user choose
    - use both and intelligently choose the fastest option

Because I assume the priority will still be given to open CL compatibility, despite Cupertino dropping it

I also realise people have difficulty thinking about two things at once but it seems the slow on board graphics can sometimes…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Utilize both NUMA nodes.

So some CPUs, like the AMD Threadripper 3990x are GREAT for rendering in some software, like Fusion 360, Blender, etc.

Unfortunately, even with multi-frame, only a single NUMA-node is being utilized.

Now, that being said, I did a performance test using this benchmark:https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects-beta/multi-frame-rendering-is-here-aka-the-multithreading-you-ve-been-asking-for/td-p/11885358

Without Multi-Frame Rendering: 12m:50s
    With Multi-Frame Rendering: 3m:49s

That's a DRAMATIC improvement. That's wonderful!

And yet, we are still not utilizing all 64 cores. While watching the render, I observed only 1 NUMA node (64 threads: 32 cores) being utilized, with roughly half of my CPU's power being left not utilized for the render.

If there…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Saving file while previewing composition

I hit accidentally space bar and save. And the estimated time for saving 32 MB file was 47 minutes. You can do nothing. When the save window is active you can't stop playing preview. You can't cancel saving. Is that possible to disable playing preview while saving, just until the save is finished

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. eGPU on Mac makes AE extremely sluggish and laggy

I added a Radeon 5700XT graphics card in a thunderbolt eGPU enclosure to my iMac Pro. This has been supported in macOS since 10.13 High Sierra. I am now running 11.2.2 Big Sur, with the current version of After Effects. We all know it's too much to ask for AE to utilize this extra GPU power, but can I at least run the program normally? I cannot even get a smooth RAM preview while having the eGPU connected. The checkbox to "Prefer External GPU" in the get info dialog does not change anything. In fact it seems worse when I…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Ram preview still doesn't work

Ram preview has been broken since you overhauled it in what 2016? Still doesn't work. Wth?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Fix the lags!

Whenever I precompose, split layer, or move the playhead one frame forward or backward, it takes three seconds from me pressing the hotkey to the command being carried out... and often precomposing will cause After Effects to crash.This happens regardless of if have hardware acceleration turned on or off. It feels like I am using AE on a computer from 10 years ago, even though my machine is overspecced for After Effects.

I have been through the Adobe Customer Care pipline (where's my purple heart?) and they have determined that it is not an issue on my end, but an…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Hide Layer controls while scrubbing

Simple option in preferences to Hide Layer controls while scrubbing.
    Why, because it improves performance by order of magnitude!

Also, Hide Layer controls while handling layers in timeline, same reason!

Or rewrite layer controls overlay.

We all know that AE became browser engine, but please don`t be internet explorer!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. On this current version (17.1.4(build 37)), if you don't clear your cache between renders, it will cook the previous version.

It's left me in an awkward spot with clients a couple time. Fortunately for me, I just talked to them and they're experiencing the same issue

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Crtl + Alt + M

Shortcut ctrl+alt+m (add to adobe media encoder queue) has not worked since 2018 in Windows. Nothing happens. I test on several different computers

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Ridiculously slow and laggy interface

I almost can't work in it. Third party effects are useless and the overall responsiveness of After Effects 202 is terrible. If I didn't keep getting the ridiculous drawing error in the 2019 version, I'd be using it. You HAVE to fix this issue fast. Your application is almost useless right now. People are going to switch. Right now, I totally regret upgrading to CC 2020.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Resolver problema Wacom

Trava ao usar o com a caneta Wacom... mudo para o mouse USB e funciona, com a caneta não consigo nem mexer direito. Estou usando o sistema macOs Big Sur, e o drive da mesa Wacom está atualizado.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 13 14
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base