After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Renaming things updates them in expressions, unless there is a Try/Catch expression involved

I have an expression that links to another layer. When you update a Layer name or Property name, then that name is updated in all the expressions that use that name (Extendscript calls this autoFixExpressions).

However, if an expression contains a Try/Catch statement, then no matter what, the names won't update in the expression (almost like AutoFixExpressions doesn't work if the expression contains a try/catch).

I'm not sure how I haven't encountered this before, as try/catches are useful just incase links are broken or are missing. I've posted this to Reddit, asking if this is a bug or a 'just…

3 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Super annoying bug - missing layers in timeline

Experiencing a particularly annoying bug; timeline shows only 43 out of about 260 layers. Yet preview will scrub and playback full project. So I can watch the full project, I just can't access or see most of the layers.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for filing this bug report, and for including the project.

I do reproduce a problem when I open this project on my computer. After layer 964, the layer bars (the bars representing the time span of the layer) do not draw. If I delete or shy some of the layers, the missing layers will draw.

This appears to be a bug with After Effects drawing that many layers at once. I have forwarded this bug to our developers for evaluation.

In the meantime, I would recommend any or all of following to work around this problem:
    - Shy the layers that you are not currently working on.
    - Pre-compose groups of layers to simplify the composition, or:
    - Otherwise re-organize this composition by breaking it into smaller compositions with fewer layers.

The above steps will help not only with working around this bug, but will make the composition…

3. Home panel has cut content

Home panel has cut content and it doesn't change when resizing the window.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for filing this bug report.

This is a known problem that we are investigating for a future update to After Effects. The problem happens when you migrate preferences from an earlier version of After Effects.

If you reset the preferences for After Effects (hold Command/Ctrl + Alt/Option + Shift during application startup), this problem will go away.

4. Ellipse Path Closing with Trim Paths

There seems to be a bug when working with parametric ellipse paths in tandem with trim paths.

It only seems to occur when the Start or End properties in the trim path are set to 50%, while the other is set to 0%. I've attached a couple videos for reference.

When the ellipse path position is adjusted the ellipse path will occasionally close itself, resulting in an unwanted half-circle. The half circle is a result of the Start property set to 0%, and the End property set to 50%. However, when the values are swapped (Start: 50%, End: 0%) it…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Bug Report - Broken text animator on 3d-text layers

Text gets cut off along the top of the text box boundary when animating in from the Y-Axis -- only when the text layer is 3D. Seems to be a new bug with the latest AE update. Would appreciate it if you guys could check that out. Thanks!

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base