After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. When I quit one AE project and open another it regularly crashes, and I need to force quit it before opening again

When I quit one AE project and open another it regularly crashes, and I need to force quit it before opening again. Seemed to start happening when updated to AE 2021, and happens pretty much everything quit one project and open another now. Please fix

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Desizing enlarged panel crashes computer sometimes

This has happened on multiple different projects on my computer. If I hit the tilde key to enlarge a window to full screen and watch my comp for a bit, I've had a bug crash not just AE but my entire computer when I hit tilde key again to exit the full screen. The video panel will distort mid-resizing and I'll get the spinning wheel of death for a few seconds, then that disappears and my computer is completely frozen and I have to do a hard reboot.

There isn't really any warning that it might happen such as AE…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Allow gaps in paths (and open a world of possibilities (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ )

Hey. My name is Saar and I created shpr for After Effects:
    https://www.goodboy.ninja/shpr

During the process, I found out that the possibilities of what can be done with the createPath functions are vast and this tool really opens a lot of possibilities for paths.

In the future, I would love to see the option for having gaps in a path.

1: WHY:
    ⚫ It will open a whole new world of possibilities by enabling an efficient way to draw strokes on screen without having to create multiple path objects, which is cluttery and harder to maintain.

⚫ You would be…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. AE Bug - Cannot Parse Shape on Clipboard

Every time I have an Illustrator shape on the clipboard, After Effects displays the "Cannot Parse Shape on Clipboard." I'm not trying to paste anything into AE, but the error comes up every time I attempt to do anything in AE. The only way I've found to avoid this is to go to a text editor and copy some text to the clipboard. Then the error doesn't appear in AE.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. After Effects is always in the foreground after any work step is made

After any work step like saving or opening a project is done, AE opens itself again, even if I'm tabbed out into another window .

I should be able to decide if AE can put itself into the foreground or not.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. There's no Industry standard video playback app. This isn't specifically an After Effects thing, but a general video issue.

Hi
    I sometimes get clients who freak out because their video player doesn't show colours correctly. Some use VLC, some use QuickTime X Player, some use 'dropbox' on the browser, some use windows and some use Macs.

It can be a nightmare when they say 'my colours don't look right (this is usually on QuickTime player, which is a bit rubbish). I can often spend a half-day, down a rabbit hole trying to work out why, and it's so frustrating!

Now that Adobe is so very profitable with its cloud subscriptions, it's time they developed a free video playback app.…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. BUG Audio Preview Playback head

When doing audio only previews (.) the playback head moves at half speed, making setting markers and measuring timings impossible.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. align 3D layers

Align 3D layers. Distribute them, etc. That's it really.

140 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. For gods sake please fix "could not find dynamic link project."

I cant use Warp Stabilize or 3D Camera Tracker, I am using the latest versions of both AE and PP. I paid so much money for Creative Cloud and it really sucks that I can't use it to my needs. FIX YOUR **** SOFTWARE

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. BUG: White dot/blob appears in 8bpc project

I have encountered a weird bug. First, I thought it was a fault in the project, but today I created a new, blank one, added an empty comp and the white blob is back. It looks the same and its on the same position.
    Since its repeating in a brandnew project, this is likely a bug.

Its only visible in 8bpc projects, all higher bpc, this blob is gone.
    I haven't re-installed AE yet, since its a workplace station and the IT has to do this and also reinstall all plugins. During a working day, thats almost impossible.

Do you…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 18.0.0 and 18.0.1 Canon codec bug

Hi,
    I'm having trouble in new releases of AE with Canon codec clips that I'm currently working in 2020 without problems.

The clips were recorded on a C300 mark 2 camera, with the 1920x1080 rgb444 12bit codec.

The red/blue channels are switched (a set channel is enough to resolve), I'm just giving you feedback to resolve the problem directly on next patches.

I tested only on windows, version 18.0.0 and 18.0.1, two different computers and I got the same problem.
    If needed I can send a link to clip to test (the smaller I have it's about 1Gb)

M

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In Progress  ·  1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add "missing" property to effects in Extendscript Toolkit

Add a missing property to effects in Extendscript Toolkit for property layers of an AV-layer.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Multi sequence import it broken.

When I try to import multiple sequences, they will all import however only the last one will have all its frames eg 0-249 the rest will have the frame I selected and say 0-0 or 180-180.

It would be much more user friendly (and honestly save me a lot of time) if I could just import the folder and it would import the images as a sequence, or in this case multiple sequences

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Make a product like After Effects to replace Keynote and Powerpoint

I work in live event graphics. There are only two programs to use as far as professionals in my industry are concerned. Keynote and Powerpoint. They both suck, there's not really a better way to put that. The alternatives are niche, and they suck even worse in terms of features and reliability.

Think powerpoint and keynote are used just for boring, inane office presentations to your small team? Think again. Keynote and Powerpoint still have a prominent role in the most expensive, far-reaching corporate live events in the world. I would know; I've worked on more than a few of…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. SAVE AS and OPEN RECENT - changes location of *.aep files

There is a bug with SAVE AS functionality
    1. i have a file open (project 1)
    2. then I open another file using menu > open recent (project 2)
    3. when I later save that new file it is saved in the previous project folder (project 1). It should be saved within Project 2 folder.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. After Effects 2021 error Can't import seq from server

After Effects 2021 can't import image sequence from server. It's ok to import same seq from local drive. And it was all fine with AE2019.

Coping files to my local drive from server changes something for ae it just recognizes that seq now in server but just for some time after that its invisible for ae again.

More permanend workaround is copy to my local and then copy back to server and replace.
    It seems that only older folder including seq files dont work. It can import newly greated seq files.

And when I drag seq folder in AE it…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I want Japanese and English expressions to be the same

I want Japanese and English expressions to be the same

Internally want to make sure that the effect names and shape layer names do not match in the Japanese and English versions of AE

When trying to open aep across languages, an expression error appears and it is difficult to use

An example
    en = sulder control jp = スライダー制御

日本語と英語のエクスプレッションを内部的に同じ扱いにして欲しい。言語を跨いだワークフローだとエクスプレッションエラーを発生してしまうため。

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Unknown BIB Error. Unknown Bravo Error, BRV, 0 (83 :: 3)

Hey adobe, I'm getting this error every time I work with fonts and after 2 3 times of this error popping up the software just crashes. Please fix this. Thanks
    Unknown BIB Error. Unknown Bravo Error, BRV, 0 (83 :: 3)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. [Request] Make 3D Rotation go beyond 1x

To create a big rotational animation, rotating the 3D layer should go beyond 1x360. Like e.g. in Cinema 4D. Is it a bug that it's not working?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add MOTION BLUR ON FOR ALL LAYERS within the render Q

Please add this to the output render as a choice.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base