After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Fix strange sub-frame problems when work

Fix weird sub-frame error when working with footage. Clips and other objects not falling on frame boundaries.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your post.

I’m not clear on what you’re describing. It would help if you could provide us screenshots or a project file that demonstrate the issue.

Post a link to your files here, or if you prefer not to post publicly you can send it to aebugs@adobe.com. (If you send to that address: A) Do not send .zip files, they will be blocked; renaming to .thisisazipfile is OK. B) Post a comment here when you have sent the email. I need to manually check that inbox.)

2. Time Reverse layer

There is a persisting bug with the 'Time reverse layer' command - often drops first frame, sometimes drops or displays random wrong frame elsewhere in the reversed layer.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for filing this bug report.

Can you please post a project file with footage that demonstrates this issue? Post a link to your files here, or if you prefer not to post publicly you can send it to aebugs@adobe.com. (If you send to that address: A) Do not send .zip files, they will be blocked; renaming to .thisisazipfile is OK. B) Post a comment here when you have sent the email. I need to manually check that inbox.)

3. Missing plugin notice gives no information on where the missing plugin layer is

Opening up an older project, you sometimes get a notification about a missing plugin, but then no information on how to track down where the problem plugin is.

How many layers have the issue?

Can the layers and comps have a warning symbol so you can see where the problem is?

Can there be some sort of log that lists what comp and what layers are missing plugins?

It's really annoying to hunt around for them, delete/replace them, reopen the scene and it still give the same error because you couldn't find them all.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for filing this feature request.

Currently in After Effects, you can use the Search fields at the top of the Project or Timeline panels to search for either:
    - The keyword “Missing Effects” (which is a saved term if you click on the magnifying glass icon). This will show all comps in the Project panel, or layers in the Timeline panel that reference effects that could not be loaded.
    - The name of the effect that was reported as missing.

Does the above functionality meet your needs, or do you still desire additional functionality?

4. Bug with several layers with mask or shape

When I do several layer with mask, or serverals shapes layer :

The paths of the different layers hide each other

The presence of two layers causes displacements of the paths

I did the last updates.
    Ae works on windows 10

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. AE 2019 Clips with Trillions+ of colors don't properly display alpha.

Clips with Trillions+ colors will not show alpha even if the file has an alpha.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for filing this bug report.

We need more detail about the problem you are describing.

What format and codec are being used by these clips?

Where is the alpha not visible? Is it in After Effects, or in a different application? If in After Effects, what is the color depth of the project set to? (8-, 16-, or 32-bpc?)

I suspect that you may be encountering this problem:
    https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911311-after-effects/suggestions/35769118-bug-report-after-effects-cc-2019-can-t-read-alpha

Please confirm if that is the case.

6. Big Bug: Expressions on Shape Layer FX (with demo video)

Here's a two-minute demo of the bug in question: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_c6XOWOv-w

...and here's the same thing in text form:

Steps:

1) New Comp ([1000,1000])
          2) New Shape Layer
          3) Effects -> Expression Controls -> Point Control ([100,100])
          4) Change Comp Size ([880, 1230])

Result:

The value of the Point Control CHANGES ITSELF from [100,100] to [88, 123].

As I mention in the video, I'm sure this has something to do with the back-end of how Shape Layers deal with the canvas — and, obviously, Shape Layers aren't meant to have renderable effects applied to them. That said, I can't think of…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for reporting this. At the moment, it’s unclear what you would like to have changed.

The cause of what you are observing is that shape layers always inherit the dimensions of the composition that contains them. Thus, by changing the dimensions of the composition, you are also changing the dimensions of the shape layer.

You will get the same result if you apply a Point Control effect to a solid layer, and then change the dimensions of the solid layer. The coordinate values of the Point Control will scale to compensate.

The result in both cases is that coordinate values are scaled along with the layer so that the any rendered result is proportional to the original. If this wasn’t done, effects wouldn’t appear to scale with the rest of the layer and the result would look “wrong”.

I can see that may not be the result you…

7. 14.2.2

Need to work in 14.2.2 to be compatible with a clients back end. On the CC installer it claims to be 14.2.2 but when opened & running, it states it’s 14.2.1.34. Which is correct?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

After Effects 14.2.1.34 was the last release of the 14.x versions of After Effects CC. (That is, it was the last release of After Effects to be branded as “CC 2017”.)

The version number “14.2.2” was an Adobe-internal label to differentiate a change in the installer package, and was not advertised as a new release.

> Need to work in 14.2.2 to be compatible with a clients back end.

Please clarify this. Since 14.2.1 was the last release, this doesn’t make sense to me.

2 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base