After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

How can we improve After Effects?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please add a taper effect/option to 'Stroke' as well as Shape Layer strokes.

Please add a taper effect/option to 'Stroke' as well as Shape Layer strokes.

It's such a simple request that has been requested for over 8 years. The ability to taper a stroke of any kind. Either from the "Effects & Presets - Stroke" or a simple Shape Layer stroke.

78 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Onion Skin

You propably have people asking you that, but it would be just great to have a Onion Skin function at the Ae, so we could see some of the frames/keyframes before or even after. That could help a lot while doing some animation, effects and I think everything, couse you have a more wide view of what you are doing without needing a pre render

50 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Implement "System Layout" (as in Ai) in the Character's Panel

Using Adobe Fonts such as Source Han Sans seemed very tempting. But with Japanese, I've found that the self-contained space Japanese period and comma are supposed to have after them, disappears. Something similar happens with spaces which are way smaller than they should be.

Looking around I saw Adobe Illustration has an option named "System Layout" in the Character's Panel that by ticking it the issue gets automatically solved. It'd be great to implement this, and not only for Japanese but I'm sure it will be nice for Chinese and any other typeface with similar issues.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. AE CC 2019 keeps crashing

I didn't experience any immediate problems after updating to the new version, and I was actually excited about it. However, today the problems started. I was masking a layer, when all of a sudden AE crashed and I got this error on my screen "<140735526355840> <BEE_MiscTasks> <5> Set Artisan Task: Classic 3D". Tried googling but couldn't really find a solution for this specific problem. Running AE on a MacBook Pro (Retina, 15 inch, Mid-2015) with OS High Sierra 10.13.6. Now, when I try to open the project the app keeps freezing.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add back rendering support for H264 codec directly out of AE

Around 2012 you removed the option for rendering a .mp4 file directly out of AE. Please add it back. The work around is to either render in a different codec and compress that in media encoder, or to launch the render directly from media encoder from AE (which is extremely slow and cumbersome, especially when you have large/complex project files). Not sure why removing functionality seemed like a good idea at the time...?

147 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

38 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Remember output folder for every project

My life would be days longer if After effects was able to render to the same folder the project rendered to last time instead of switching to the last place chosen regardless of wether it was a different project file (which makes no sense to me)

Having to work quickly on multiple projects in the same timeframe leaves me with scatterer render files that swell the hard drive and take an age to sort through down the line.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Fix timeline issue in the latest update

On a macbook air 2017 running mojave 10.14.3, left clicking in the timeline DOES NOT work at all, only option is to right click which somehow registers, the recent update broke left clicking on the timeline and no layers can be clicked, this is a major bug and paralyzes my work. Please get it fixed ASAP

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for reporting this bug.

We are currently investigating this problem but are having difficulty reproducing the issue. To isolate and fix the problem, if you are experiencing this we would like to know:

- What OS and version are you using? (ex., Windows 10 or macOS 10.14.3)
    - What hardware are you using? (ex., 2018 MacBook Pro or MacBookPro15,2 (A1989)
    - Did the problem always occur since you first installed After Effects 16.1 or did something trigger it?
    - If something triggered it, does restarting After Effects clear the problem? Restarting the computer? Clearing the After Effects preferences?
    - If something triggered it, what is the trigger?

8. Support Blender

As the world of VFX progresses many of us freelancers end up relying on software like Blender for our animation. Blender is a very commonly used one for both professionals and hobbyists alike. I would like to see Blender be compatible within Adobe software much like C4D is. Maybe make Adobe software able to read blend or obj files directly?

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Color picker or eyedropper picks incorrect color from CC Library AE2019

BUG report:
    Color picker or eyedropper picks incorrect color from color swatch in CC Library AE2019.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Use shapes or masks for text box

A way to customize the shape of paragraph text, similar to how you can have text fill a shape in other Adobe programs such as Photoshop, Illustrator, and Indesign.
    This would be an improvement over exporting from one of those programs into AE because you could then edit and/or animate the text easily.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. It´s 2018!!! - So we need a real 3D Engine/Workflow inside of After Effects!

8 years ago i asked here for a real 3D engine inside of After Effects to not loose ground against other compositing tools - my advice was to invest in Cinema4D. And yes, you did something like that but you made only a link between that tools - but that is by far not enough!!!

In 2018 even 399€ gimmick tools like "Hitfilm Express" have more advanced 3D engines than After Effects and therefor no one use After Effects in the movie-business anymore.

Its realy a shame that even beginners and hobbiest can´t do there simple 3D comps without an…

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow the user to hide the panel headers

Allow the user to hide the panel headers. Instead of the first unnecessary line of text, squeeze it into a small square on the side or corner of panel. Need for scripts panels. Now a lot of space on the monitor is spent on the headers of the panels. This is a completely unnecessary information that can be deleted. The user must decide for himself.

66 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Vague Alerts & Requests from CC

This is not normal. After Effects CC is requesting access to my contacts. Earlier it wanted write privileges.

Has anyone else seen this?

My CC account is a valid, paid subscription through work. I have the latest version. Nothing is pirated. I am using two plugins, Ouroboros and Animation Composer.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Convert illustrator text layer to live text layers

by right clicking a photoshop layer you can have it become a live text inside AE please do the same for illustrator files

67 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Support OpenType-SVG fonts

OpenType-SVG fonts are already supported in Photoshop, Illustrator & InDesign and it would be great to have them in After Effects as well!

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Adob CC After effects 2019 keeps crashing

So since last week im not sure if this is due to a windows update or something else. But i have been having glitches and crashes in after effects 2019.
    The frist thing is, an imported video turns purple and green, i have tried purging cache, cleaning up the pc, reinstalling after effects, this did not help with it, i have tried changing the renderers. Nothing helps.
    The second thing is, moving a frame or previewing it, leads to crashing after effects. Even making a new composition has the same effect.
    I have no idea what to do, and no…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Bug Report Selecting Multiple Text Layers Shows Wrong Font

For two versions now, whenever I select multiple text layers with the same or different fonts, the font window in the Character panel shows the wrong font, and if you select a new font it usually changes the text to the wrong font.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. RTX RAYTRACING with 3d game engine graphics in after effects

element 3d from videocopilot is great, but not perfect, and has a terrible ui in after effects with way to many drop downs and options. cinema 4d is NOT REALTIME, what we need a REALTIME GAME ENGINE STYLE GRAPHICS.

text, shapes, lights materials and environments, but not as clunky as videocopilot's 3d element

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. The ability to choose which font After Effects uses to replace "missing" fonts.

It would be great to be able to choose which fonts After Effects uses to replace "Missing" fonts when a project is opened. Indesign has this feature already for a point of reference.

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. NVIDIA Optix File Outdated [2014]! No RayTracer support for GTX 8,9,10 Series Cards & More. UPDATE optix.1.dll

The Nvidia Optix File needed for RayTracer engine support is outdated. This forces users with GTX 8,9,10 Series cards to update this file manually inside of the After Effects root install folder.

If you do not update this file manually, RayTracer in AE will be BROKEN and unusable for GTX 10 series card users. The file should be updated anyway.

With the latest version of AE, why are you still packing version 3.6.2.0??

The latest version, as of me writing this post, is from May 2018.

raytracer_supported_cards.txt needs to be updated as well. That file doesn't even have GTX 800…

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 10 11
  • Don't see your idea?

Please do not use your Adobe ID and password.

Feedback and Knowledge Base