After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Revival of direct export of mp4 container h.2648(mp4コンテナh.264の直接書き出しの復活)

Please restore the mp4 (h.264 format) direct export feature that was possible in previous versions.

It is possible to send to and export from AME even under current conditions.I feel inconvenient because I can not give out what I was able to release freely.

In the current version with Ae's render queue function, it is easy for users to be able to export directly.

以前のバージョンで可能だったmp4(h.264形式)の直接書き出し機能を戻してほしい。

現状でもAMEに送り書き出すことは可能ですが、気軽に出せていたものが出せなくなり不便に感じます。Aeのレンダーキュー機能がある現行バージョンでは直接書き出しができる事がユーザーにとっては手軽です。

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please add a taper effect/option to 'Stroke' as well as Shape Layer strokes.

Please add a taper effect/option to 'Stroke' as well as Shape Layer strokes.

It's such a simple request that has been requested for over 8 years. The ability to taper a stroke of any kind. Either from the "Effects & Presets - Stroke" or a simple Shape Layer stroke.

129 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Onion Skin

You propably have people asking you that, but it would be just great to have a Onion Skin function at the Ae, so we could see some of the frames/keyframes before or even after. That could help a lot while doing some animation, effects and I think everything, couse you have a more wide view of what you are doing without needing a pre render

89 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Preview with alpha background

Hello,

In the After Effects composition settings, it is not possible to have an alpha background. Example in attachment.
    I would like to have this feature to launch a preview with alpha.
    An alpha preview, would play the alpha on a video device that works in compositing. Example in attachment.

thanks you for attention.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Implement "System Layout" (as in Ai) in the Character's Panel

Using Adobe Fonts such as Source Han Sans seemed very tempting. But with Japanese, I've found that the self-contained space Japanese period and comma are supposed to have after them, disappears. Something similar happens with spaces which are way smaller than they should be.

Looking around I saw Adobe Illustration has an option named "System Layout" in the Character's Panel that by ticking it the issue gets automatically solved. It'd be great to implement this, and not only for Japanese but I'm sure it will be nice for Chinese and any other typeface with similar issues.

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add back rendering support for H264 codec directly out of AE

Around 2012 you removed the option for rendering a .mp4 file directly out of AE. Please add it back. The work around is to either render in a different codec and compress that in media encoder, or to launch the render directly from media encoder from AE (which is extremely slow and cumbersome, especially when you have large/complex project files). Not sure why removing functionality seemed like a good idea at the time...?

195 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

47 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. AE CC 2019 keeps crashing

I didn't experience any immediate problems after updating to the new version, and I was actually excited about it. However, today the problems started. I was masking a layer, when all of a sudden AE crashed and I got this error on my screen "<140735526355840> <BEE_MiscTasks> <5> Set Artisan Task: Classic 3D". Tried googling but couldn't really find a solution for this specific problem. Running AE on a MacBook Pro (Retina, 15 inch, Mid-2015) with OS High Sierra 10.13.6. Now, when I try to open the project the app keeps freezing.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

33 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. AE always crashes when this process is performed // この工程を行うと必ずAEがクラッシュしてしまう

AE always crashes if you do the following procedure.

1. Launch AE
    2. Create New Comp
    3. Creat New Solid
    4. Duplicate the Comp
    5. Open the duplicated composition
    6. Lock the cloned composition viewer
    7. Open the first composition you created in the timeline tab
    8. Center the anchor point with the shortcut
    9. crash.....

以下の手順を行うと必ずAEがクラッシュします。
    1. AE を立ち上げる
    2. 新規コンポジションを作成
    3. 新規平面を作成
    4. コンポジションを複製
    5. 複製したコンポジションを開く
    6. 複製したコンポジションのビューアをロックする
    7. 最初に作ったコンポジションをタイムラインのタブで開く
    8. ショートカットでアンカーポイントを中央に持ってくる
    9. クラッシュする

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Remember output folder for every project

My life would be days longer if After effects was able to render to the same folder the project rendered to last time instead of switching to the last place chosen regardless of wether it was a different project file (which makes no sense to me)

Having to work quickly on multiple projects in the same timeframe leaves me with scatterer render files that swell the hard drive and take an age to sort through down the line.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Fix timeline issue in the latest update

On a macbook air 2017 running mojave 10.14.3, left clicking in the timeline DOES NOT work at all, only option is to right click which somehow registers, the recent update broke left clicking on the timeline and no layers can be clicked, this is a major bug and paralyzes my work. Please get it fixed ASAP

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for reporting this bug.

We are currently investigating this problem but are having difficulty reproducing the issue. To isolate and fix the problem, if you are experiencing this we would like to know:

- What OS and version are you using? (ex., Windows 10 or macOS 10.14.3)
    - What hardware are you using? (ex., 2018 MacBook Pro or MacBookPro15,2 (A1989)
    - Did the problem always occur since you first installed After Effects 16.1 or did something trigger it?
    - If something triggered it, does restarting After Effects clear the problem? Restarting the computer? Clearing the After Effects preferences?
    - If something triggered it, what is the trigger?

11. Support Blender

As the world of VFX progresses many of us freelancers end up relying on software like Blender for our animation. Blender is a very commonly used one for both professionals and hobbyists alike. I would like to see Blender be compatible within Adobe software much like C4D is. Maybe make Adobe software able to read blend or obj files directly?

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Actually address and fix user issues instead of ignoring them and adding new features...

Users are constantly bringing up the problems they experience with After Effects, yet instead of focusing on fixing the problems with the software, you go and add new features that a small subset of the user base actually uses...Then you build forums like this where we can post our issues only to have them continue to be ignored.

There are a ton of problems with after effects, and we (the user community) were told that the "cloud subscription" model would allow you to focus on fixing things instead of new features of a yearly release. Well, here we are 7…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Adobe Removed Media Encoder for AE 2014 and AE 2015

Adobe is systematically removing old versions of their software now. I built a new workstation but wasn't able to install Media Encoder for AE 2014 or AE 2015. Hours of tech support calls and dead-ends ended up then disclosing Media Encoder pre 13.X as "End of Life" and no longer supported, nor available for download.

First Photoshop - now Media Encoder. After Effects 2014 and 2015 are next...

I get discontinuing updates - but removing them from creative cloud altogether when many people want to use the older versions of the software because they are faster and more reliable. (See…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. In new expression editor, typing closing quotes/parentheses should overwrite existing characters

The new expression editor is great and it's halfway there with automatically adding a closing parentheses or quotes, but most code editors will then, if the user manually types a closing parentheses or quote, will more or less ignore it by overwriting the closing parenthese that was automatically added with the one that the user typed. In AE now if you type an opening then closing bracket you end up with ()) and if you type two quotes you end up with four quotes """"

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. AE 16.1 (CC2019) shows wrong colors on all ProRes Footage

AE 16.1 and 16.1.1 show wrong colors on ProRes footage when the project is set to something else than 8 bit.

Black is becoming grey. After Effects CC2019 v16.0, CC2018 and CS6 are importing and handling the same footage correctly with no color shift.

The problem occurs independent of if Color Management is turned on or off.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. "Standard 3D module is missing" during startup

In trying to start AE v 16.1.1, I get "Standard 3D module is missing" during the splash screen.

I found this... https://forums.adobe.com/message/6966935

However, the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool does not work. When I uninstall AE 16.1.1, it is then not found with the cleaner tool.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Color picker or eyedropper picks incorrect color from CC Library AE2019

BUG report:
    Color picker or eyedropper picks incorrect color from color swatch in CC Library AE2019.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Replace fast blur with lens blur on demand

Camera lens blur is so demanding that I end up using other, worse looking blur effect. I would love the option to use a certain blur effect across the project (such as fast box blur) as some kind of a proxy, and replace it with camera lens blur before rendering, while maintaining all keyframes and settings

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I want the playback method to be compatible with real-time computer graphics

In today's work environment, the results have become visible earlier. It is also true that waiting times, including client previews, are becoming inconsistent with the flow of work. After Effects also seems to be more comfortable if it supports real-time rendering instead of pre-rendering. For example, during draft playback.

昨今の作業環境ではもっと結果が早く見えるようになりました。クライアントプレビューなども含めて待ち時間が仕事の流れに合わないようになってきていることも確かです。After Effectsもプリレンダーではなくリアルタイムレンダリングに対応するとより快適になるのではないかと思います。例えばドラフト再生中など。

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 12 13
  • Don't see your idea?

Please do not use your Adobe ID and password.

Feedback and Knowledge Base