After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Bugreport: wrong colors with PNG import since AfterEffects 17.7.0

Since AfterEffects 17.7.0 the colors of PNG files will be shown not correctly. It seems the the PNGImporter ignores the colormanagement of the files or does something else wrong.
    Attached you can find screenshots with wrong and correct result.
    I also wanted to upload a sample scene so that you can test it on your site, but an upload of zip or aep is not possible.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Under Review  ·  9 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. New Shape Layer 'Expression Repeater'

How about a new type of Repeater for shape groups that looks pretty much the same as the existing one, except that values in it's Transform properties are not applied cumulatively, but rather have their expressions evaluated individually for every copy of the shape?

So if I add a random expression to the repeater's Position property, I get a bunch of randomly positioned copies. Ideally we'd get expression access to something like repeaterIndex (like textIndex in text layer expression selectors) but even without any new syntax it would be amazing. I can already imagine making a growing vine which automatically…

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. "V" shortcut does not work in AE 18.1

After update to 18.1 the "V" key is not working to choose the selection tool.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Bring back 1, 2, 4-View Interface!

For some stupid reason... we can no longer see the 1, 2, 4-View option in the Composition Window. This feature has been changed where you MUST have 3D Track enabled in order to view this option. Whomever made that decision to update the interface with this newer work flow is an Idiot! CHANGE IT BACK! There was NO reason for this!

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

As of today, in After Effects Beta v18.2 build 9, the view layout can now be switched by going to the View menu > Switch View Layout. You no longer need to have a 3D layer in the comp to switch the view layout.

We’re looking at other changes in this area. Please try the Beta build and let us know how these changes work for you.

5. Option for temporary prefs reset

On more than a few occasions I've needed to check and see if my workspaces have been contributing to issues that arise in the public beta. The official way to reset all my prefs is to launch the app while holding

• Ctrl+Alt+Shift (Windows)
    • Command+Option+Shift (Mac OS)

This works but it completely obliterates all my prefs custom workspaces forever. I currently go to that folder and make a copy before doing this but that eats up time and is a pain. I'd like to have a temporary option to load the app with default preferences (perhaps by holding z with the…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. AE 2021 preserve RGB interpret footage issue

I see this has been reported before but still not fixed.

AE 2021 is changing the footage interpretation on quicktime files(could also be all files). I have preserve RGB box checked on a quicktime file in AE 2020. I open the same AE file in AE 2021 and the box is now unchecked.

I tested this on multiple quciktime files and the issue persists. This is a big issue as the AE project files will be used by multiple artists and the look is changing dramatically when that box is unchecked.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. keeping plugins and scripts working when new version come out.

You provide new versions too often. It's not comfortable to re install all plugins each time.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Perspective Offset in Turbulent Noise does nothing

The Perspective Offset checkbox in Turbulent Noise does not currently work. No parallax. It does wok as it should in Fractal Noise.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Source Text expressions crashes in Arabic

When I use expressions for a Arabic Text on Source Text, It works in the beginning but after a few second AE crashes.

If you want to see the crash, move the time indicator several times, or duplicate the layer several times.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Opt-out of the installation of Cinema 4D R21 when installing After Effects

Add a checkbox or something to allow users to opt-out of the installation of Cinema 4D R21 when installing After Effects.

I already have a valid perpetual license for Cinema 4D R19 Studio. R21 is pointless as it only allows me to use a trial license or purchase a license. The application is useless for those who already own a commercial license.

To make matters worse, I must uninstall it every time there is an update for After Effects. Quite frankly, I consider it bloatware. It useless and it wastes space on my hard drive.

I understand that there are…

93 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

33 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Mp4 files showing green glitches, both in preview and rendering

Whenever I import a mp4 file it appears green, even though the files are not corrupted or damaged. Sometimes in the preview I can see the file appear normal, without any issues and when I render it shows like a green screen. This doesn't happen when I import the same file into premiere so I assume the problem is with After Effects

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. AFTER EFFECTS 2021 18.4.1 Bug > Not relinking / replacing missing files

After effects version 18.4.1 stopped replacing missing files as before:

1 - In previous versions when you replaced a missing file that is located in the same folder as other missing files in the project, AE would smartly re-link all files at once.

Now it is not doing this anymore.

2- In previous versions if on the Project panel search bar, you typed "missing"or even just "miss" it would show all missing media in your project, regardless of what type of media it is. Now you can only view missing media by specifically typing "missing footage"or "missing fonts" ", "missing…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Bug - bad render image frames on preview

Tired of updating the software, waiting for the error to be fixed. When a video is played, lots of glitchs appear, unfortunate error that causes a lot of production problems.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Expression Control Menus Should not Reset

If you do not set a keyframe all of the dropdown menus reset to the default when duplicating a comp.

They should stay where you set them.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Unsupported Video Driver Error on Startup

My laptop have Intel(R) HD Graphics 520 & Nvidia GeForce 940m, when I open Adobe After Effects it shows unsupported Video Driver.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. BUG: Incorrect change of Scale ratio when one value is negative

When two layers' Scales are manipulated, and one of those has a negative x or y value, the Scaling is not correct.
    See the movie for the behaviour: see how 80,80 is manipulated in de upper layer, and what happens to 80,-80 in the third layer.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. BUG: File Naming Templates Don't Work

For the last several releases of AE, the file naming templates to do not properly interpret the [projectFolder] location on Windows. If you assign an output path like "[projectFolder]\outputs\studio shots[compName]_[#####].[fileextension]", the output will not be in the expected location. It seems after setting this output if you save the project again and re-open, reassign the template again from a saved preset, save the proejct again, then reopen the project again, the output will then be written to the right location. Most of the time that works. It needs to be fixed regardless. Using 18.2.1

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Bug Squashing. How has this not existed in 30 years of After Effects?

So I was forced to move a large project recently. And I knew what that meant; AE would yell at me for all the moved files, despite being collected. I had 600 error messages where the only option was "OK". Please, help me understand why I have to manually click an "OK" option 600 times. Literally had to sit there clicking "OK" repeatedly. How is there no bug-squashing in this program after 30+ years? Does the AE team need some help with code? Check out how Unity does it; all errors are collected into the console, the project still attempts…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Create a program for After Effects like Rush

Would love to have a program like Premiere Rush but for After Effects. Making simple animations for people who don't have time to learn the power of After Effects yet. Social Media managers would for sure use this tool as part of CC.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 27 28
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base