After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. BUG: Cant paste text from other apps into After Effects

Since the last update I cant paste text from other apps (browser, word, etc) into After Effects. Looks like AE doesnt recognize I have something in my clipboard. CTRL+V doesnt work, if I go to "edit" the paste option is greyed out.

Using latest AE (v18.4) on Windows 10.

If I revert to v18.2.1 everything works as it should.

61 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

36 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi all,

The AE team has identified how this is happening and are moving quickly to fix the issue.

If you launch AE by double-clicking on an AE Project, or by right-clicking on a Project file and open it with AE, pasting from the clipboard will be disabled.

For now, the workaround is simply to launch AE FIRST and then proceed to open whichever AE project you want to work with. Paste will then work correctly.

Thank you all for your reports here. Please try out the Beta in the coming days as that is where a fix will first become available.

2. "V" shortcut does not work in AE 18.1

After update to 18.1 the "V" key is not working to choose the selection tool.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Bring back 1, 2, 4-View Interface!

For some stupid reason... we can no longer see the 1, 2, 4-View option in the Composition Window. This feature has been changed where you MUST have 3D Track enabled in order to view this option. Whomever made that decision to update the interface with this newer work flow is an Idiot! CHANGE IT BACK! There was NO reason for this!

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

As of today, in After Effects Beta v18.2 build 9, the view layout can now be switched by going to the View menu > Switch View Layout. You no longer need to have a 3D layer in the comp to switch the view layout.

We’re looking at other changes in this area. Please try the Beta build and let us know how these changes work for you.

4. Opt-out of the installation of Cinema 4D R21 when installing After Effects

Add a checkbox or something to allow users to opt-out of the installation of Cinema 4D R21 when installing After Effects.

I already have a valid perpetual license for Cinema 4D R19 Studio. R21 is pointless as it only allows me to use a trial license or purchase a license. The application is useless for those who already own a commercial license.

To make matters worse, I must uninstall it every time there is an update for After Effects. Quite frankly, I consider it bloatware. It useless and it wastes space on my hard drive.

I understand that there are…

88 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. keeping plugins and scripts working when new version come out.

You provide new versions too often. It's not comfortable to re install all plugins each time.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Bug - bad render image frames on preview

Tired of updating the software, waiting for the error to be fixed. When a video is played, lots of glitchs appear, unfortunate error that causes a lot of production problems.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Expression Control Menus Should not Reset

If you do not set a keyframe all of the dropdown menus reset to the default when duplicating a comp.

They should stay where you set them.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Mp4 files showing green glitches, both in preview and rendering

Whenever I import a mp4 file it appears green, even though the files are not corrupted or damaged. Sometimes in the preview I can see the file appear normal, without any issues and when I render it shows like a green screen. This doesn't happen when I import the same file into premiere so I assume the problem is with After Effects

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Unsupported Video Driver Error on Startup

My laptop have Intel(R) HD Graphics 520 & Nvidia GeForce 940m, when I open Adobe After Effects it shows unsupported Video Driver.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. BUG: Strange display problem in 2021

2021 is impossible to use with a handful of my old project files. The comp viewer, and also mercury transmit, shows the lower third parts of comps cropped. And then the top is displayed again in the bottom third, but flipped and also brighter. See the screenshot of how 2021 acts, vs how 2020 shows the file correctly. This happens frequently when loading older project files (this one is from 2017).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. I want to be able to bring photoshop and illustrator information as it is

Import Layer style, Adjustment layer, Appearance, text editing features from Photoshop and Illustrator when .psd and .ai files are imported to After Effects

イラストレーターやフォトショップからpsdやaiファイルを読み込む際に調整レイヤーやレイヤースタイルなどの情報をそのまま反映させるようにしてほしい

:例
    Ps
    ・調整レイヤー
    ・レイヤースタイル

Ai
    ・アピアランス

など

114 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. "Save" MOGRT tags/keywords to project

I work with MOGRTs on the regular, and part of our process is making sure that they're searchable with keywords/tags. But you can only add tags at the export stage, and if you need to reexport those MOGRTs, then you have to retype all those tags in again - there's no way to save them alongside the rest of the project.

What would be great is if we could add the tags to the MOGRT, but have that save with the project so that I don't have to retype the whole set of tags from scratch every time.

In addition,…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. After Effects v18.0 won't start

After I installed v18.0 of After Effects, AE will not start. The launch screen gets stuck at "Initializing Required Components"

I've tried renaming Rename 18.0 as 18.0old in C:\Users<user>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\After Effects

I've tried clearing the Media Cache stored at: C:\Users<User>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Common

All with no luck. Crash file attached.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Import multiple image sequence in one go

When importing multiple image sequences (by pointing to one frame, just like when importing only one sequence), Ae imports only the single frames, not the sequences.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Make Synchronize Time of all Related items respect time remapping

When a precomp is time remapped, this setting is not respected.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. [BUG] Draft 3D not working

Updated to 18.0.1 today. New Project. Draft 3D button is clickable, but nothing ever happens. If hovering the button, it says 'enable hardware accelerated panels in prefs/display', yet I got that already on. Could anybody help? What did I miss? Does the GPU or driver version matter?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Visibility of After Effects Work Space

I am 90 and taking a course in AE for personal enrichment at my local Junior college. The current workspace for AE is all black and the icons at the top are o small - that combination makes it difficult to use. I saw a tutorial on Vimeo in which the workspace was a light grey in color and the icons where reasonably large to be able to use. So I suggest that Adobe make this a new standard for new users and beginners to learn AE more easily. As a former technical writer/editor I wrote highly detailed instructions manuals…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Split this forum into BUG REPORTS & FEATURE REQUEST sections

Why is this site combining Feature requests AND bugreports together.
    I can't even filter Requests from bugreports.

At least a filter would be nice to have!

Thank you

235 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Want to place Anchor points to specific locations (up/down/left/right) or short cut key to locate them

Want to place Anchor points to specific locations (up / down / left / right) or short cut key to locate them

I want to be able to easily switch the position of the anchor point of a shape or text layer to the center or edge etc.

テキストシェイプレイヤーのアンカーポイント の位置をデフォルトで簡単に中央や端に移動できるツールを実装して欲しい

91 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 26 27
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base