After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I want to be able to bring photoshop and illustrator information as it is

Import Layer style, Adjustment layer, Appearance, text editing features from Photoshop and Illustrator when .psd and .ai files are imported to After Effects

イラストレーターやフォトショップからpsdやaiファイルを読み込む際に調整レイヤーやレイヤースタイルなどの情報をそのまま反映させるようにしてほしい

:例
    Ps
    ・調整レイヤー
    ・レイヤースタイル

Ai
    ・アピアランス

など

58 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Want to place Anchor points to specific locations (up/down/left/right) or short cut key to locate them

Want to place Anchor points to specific locations (up / down / left / right) or short cut key to locate them

I want to be able to easily switch the position of the anchor point of a shape or text layer to the center or edge etc.

テキストシェイプレイヤーのアンカーポイント の位置をデフォルトで簡単に中央や端に移動できるツールを実装して欲しい

54 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Split this forum into BUG REPORTS & FEATURE REQUEST sections

Why is this site combining Feature requests AND bugreports together.
    I can't even filter Requests from bugreports.

At least a filter would be nice to have!

Thank you

111 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. I want Japanese and English expressions to be the same

I want Japanese and English expressions to be the same

Internally want to make sure that the effect names and shape layer names do not match in the Japanese and English versions of AE

When trying to open aep across languages, an expression error appears and it is difficult to use

An example
    en = sulder control jp = スライダー制御

日本語と英語のエクスプレッションを内部的に同じ扱いにして欲しい。言語を跨いだワークフローだとエクスプレッションエラーを発生してしまうため。

29 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. align 3D layers

Align 3D layers. Distribute them, etc. That's it really.

71 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Make Guide layers allow to use "Preserve Transparency"

Make Guide layers allow to use "Preserve Transparency"

When using "Keep Transparency", the effect becomes invalid if there is a video or image on the bottom layer. If you use a guide layer, please enable "Keep transparent"

「透明性を維持する」を使用する場合に一番下のレイヤーにビデオや画像などがあると効果が無効になる。ガイドレイヤーにした場合は「透明性を維持する」を有効にして欲しい

16 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Expose all internal After Effects commands to scripting

It's possible to find many of AE's command IDs by running the following ES function and filling in whatever menu command you're after:

app.findMenuCommandId("Go To Keyframe Time");

But many other commands that aren't strictly "menu" commands seem inaccessible / hidden. For example, it seems impossible to find the commands for shifting keyframes left or right (represented in the hotkey editor by entries like "NudgeKeyframesEarlier" or "Shift Selected Keyframes 1 Frame Earlier").

It'd be great if you could expose these secret commands to scripting, by giving them entries in the function above, giving them command IDs, and/or by building an event…

25 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Revival of direct export of mp4 container h.2648(mp4コンテナh.264の直接書き出しの復活)

Please restore the mp4 (h.264 format) direct export feature that was possible in previous versions.

It is possible to send to and export from AME even under current conditions.I feel inconvenient because I can not give out what I was able to release freely.

In the current version with Ae's render queue function, it is easy for users to be able to export directly.

以前のバージョンで可能だったmp4(h.264形式)の直接書き出し機能を戻してほしい。

現状でもAMEに送り書き出すことは可能ですが、気軽に出せていたものが出せなくなり不便に感じます。Aeのレンダーキュー機能がある現行バージョンでは直接書き出しができる事がユーザーにとっては手軽です。

48 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. BUG: AE cc2020 - Wrong levels with ProRes files if project is set to 32 bits/channel

ProRes and ProRes(HQ) files are too dark in AE if the project Color Depth is set to '32 bits per channel (float)'. ProRes 4444 and h264 files are read fine. All works fine with a color depth of either 8 or 16 bit. All color depths work fine in cc2019.

AE Version: 17.0.2
    OSX Version: 10.14.6

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Proper colour palettes

Give us proper colour palettes like InDesign. If you've used a colour then it just shows up automatically in your palette window. Re-use it wherever and if you change it in there it updates colours project wide. Or group them and change multiple colours together. Would be so useful for iteration and amendments.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Please add a taper effect/option to 'Stroke' as well as Shape Layer strokes.

Please add a taper effect/option to 'Stroke' as well as Shape Layer strokes.

It's such a simple request that has been requested for over 8 years. The ability to taper a stroke of any kind. Either from the "Effects & Presets - Stroke" or a simple Shape Layer stroke.

195 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Bug: After Effects 2020 crashes on preview

After a short work, when I do a preview, the ae2020 stops working and crashes. it happens all the time

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Fix this After Effects 2020 error: 'Can't import as a sequence. Found no matches for the selected file name.'

I get this error: 'Can't import as a sequence. Found no matches for the selected file name.' when importing an image sequence in to After Effects 2020 (Version 17.0.4 (Build59)). It works just fine when importing the very same image sequence in the previous version of After Effects (Version 16.1.3 (Build 5)) ... This means I can't use the latest version of After Effects (2020), since I work with image sequences all the time. Am I the only one who has encountered this problem? Is there a solution or workaround? Is there an update coming that will fix this problem?

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Bug: AE2020 seq import from server error

After Effects 2020 is giving error when importing png seq from server.

(After Effects error: Can't import as a sequence. Found no matches for the selected file name. (39 :: 44)

When import same seq from local drive its ok and AE2019 opens it from server with no problem

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Onion Skin

You propably have people asking you that, but it would be just great to have a Onion Skin function at the Ae, so we could see some of the frames/keyframes before or even after. That could help a lot while doing some animation, effects and I think everything, couse you have a more wide view of what you are doing without needing a pre render

122 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Bug report: Audio replacement/ mp3 support

Upon importing audio with same filename the preview in AE (even after cache is purged) will play old audio. Rendering in ME produces the correct audio.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Ability to read and use the "curve length" of a "Path", through expressions

It would be great if we could use a ("read only") path object's new method that would output the curve length (or arc length) in expressions ;
    We could use this to compute precise arc lenghts, for example to estimate a "wheel" rotation along a path !

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Hi Feature request please. We need some way of dropping files from the desktop into After Effects or Photoshop etc. without having to open a

Hi Feature request please. We need some way of dropping files from the desktop into After Effects or Photoshop etc. without having to open a file browser or switch between windows, if there was a key command that could bring up items on the desktop or any other location we could quickly get access to a floating window to cycle through our chosen destination. Sometimes (most of the time) I have 3 or 4 programs open and 2 web browsers and lots of stuff going on and it is not quick to get to the desktop. Also it takes times…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Feature request! Batch select markers on the same layer.

Hi! I know that you can batch select all the markers on a layer at once to move them, but it would be great to select just some. Like if there are five markers, you can select three of them and move them forward to they don't lose their relative position to each other. You've probably heard this one before, but I'd love to be able to do that!

Edit to add: And if you could "compress" selected markers together relative to each other like you can by holding "option" with selected keyframes, that would be cool too!

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Saving images in 150 dpi

I have image with 150 dpi quality and want to do do some post processing in AE. But unfortunatly AE do not support 150 dpi only 72. And a lot of cool things that can be done i should do manually in Photoshop. In AE it could be much faster and easier.

Can it be possible to handle 150 DPI quality (or higher) for images in AE?
    Thanks

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 17 18
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base