After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 3d Tracked Points From Camera Track

3d Tracked Points From Camera Track

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Mesh Track

Mesh Track in After Effects

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Fill for Blend modes (Linear Light and etc)

Hey,

in Photoshop we have the ability to tweak the 8 special blend modes.
    You can decrease the "fill" and then the blend made start making sense.

Color Burn, Linear Burn, Color Dodge, Linear Dodge (Add), Vivid Light, Linear Light, Hard Mix, and Difference

So pls, can we get the same feature in AE.
    Because it would make a lot of the compositing issues and grinding issues easier to deals with.

thanxs

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow users to change/override order of operations

AE does its operations in a specific order - eg: first it looks at transforms, then masks, then effects, etc. (I can't recall the exact order and couldn't find it online).

Sometimes you need to extensively precomp or re-think how you're building something in order for it to work properly. This can be a huge pain and can cause a bunch of extra work.

Instead of that, could there be an effect that you could apply to a layer that would allow you to re-order those operations? Call it "Re-Order Render Operations" or something.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Access via expression to any pixel coordinates on a distorted layer (with bezier, mesh warp, bend it, etc...)

Hello !

For distortion effects, I would like to get access via expression to any pixel coordinates of a layer after the distortion effect is applied. (Not only the handles of bezier warp).

For example : on an animated character each limb is on a different layer. If I distort the torso, I would like the shoulders of the arms (which are on different layers) to follow the distortion of the torso. It may be possible via the puppet tool, but the distortion is not as clean as the bezier or mesh warp.

But maybe it is not possible via…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. What the h.. The rotoscoop tool is HUGLY buggy

The rotoschoping tool is aweful
    It disapears, the freezing doesn't actually freeze the selection and the mask remaps
    Aweful, a waste of time. I will look for an other tool I can't believe I pay for this

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Import Photoshop brushes into After Effects "Paint"

Import Photoshop brushes into After Effects "Paint"

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 3D Text Extrusion Preset Materials and Lighting Library

FCP Motion has preset Materials and Lighting Libraries as standard. It would be amazing to be able to import 3D Text Extrusion Preset Materials and Lighting Libraries from wherever when rendering with the C4D engine in After effects. C4D and Photoshop files can supply these library presets. Choosing which material is connected to which side of the extrusion, then choosing which lighting scene fits with your text or vector scene.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Bug - Wrong speed when playing the audio file

I am new to Adobe Effects and am currently testing the application.

I have created a new composition and added an audio file. When I play the composition. the music plays sometimes normal, sometimes too slow.

I can't imagine that it is a feature. Especially since there was no notification or similar. In any case, this does not work as expected... In any other video editing program there is no problem playing the file.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Single-color option for Tint effect

I often just want to add a simple color tint to an object (eg make something a little blue). This seems like a very basic need to me.

The 'Fill' effect is no good as you can't change the opacity.

The 'Tint' effect requires two colors, meaning you can't see a preview while you pick a color, as you need to copy and paste your color into two boxes.

Sure, there are workarounds, like using a solid. But isn't this kind of thing precisely what effects are made for? If we have an adjustment layer containing various effects, why shouldn't…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add Grain in 32bit

Please move this to the top of priorities.
    Since we're now all moving towards ACES which requires working in 32bit, not having a grain effect that works in 32bit makes most of the compositing work almost impossible to do. It's hard to think of an effect that doesn't require grain matching with the background plate, and now every time we apply the add grain effect all, overbright values get clamped, so we CAN'T use the effect on any new production :/

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. A blur brush to use when cleaning up mattes

I have generated a key of an eagle flying, using roto brush and refine edge brush. The alpha channel is then rendered, and brought in as a monochrome clip, and this key clip then needs to be cleaned up frame by frame using the brush tool.

To help create a better key, a blur brush that softens the edge of the key as you paint on it, would be super useful, where you can set the level of blur applied as you paint.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Introduce Locked But Editable Compositions

I do a lot of wire and rig removal work, and am constantly battling moving a spline point and finding the entire composition is being moved. This happens while doing other work, as well.

My concept would be a "locked but editable" feature, where the layer is locked in position, but can still be worked on.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Pick Whip all parameters of an Effect in one go

There are a lot of occasions where the same effect is applied to several layers.
    Wouldn't it be great if all parameters of these effect instances could be linked together in one Pick Whip?
    Please add a Pick Whip symbol to the Root / name of the effect that, when used, connects all the effects' settings.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. [BUG] Roto-brush freezing errors

1. Paint Roto-brush to good result
    2. Freeze
    3. Freezing produces different and wrong result
    4. :(
    1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Crashes when EXRs don't match comp size and have any transform settings

Basically, EXRs must be precomped to apply any sort of transform to then. Otherwise I get a repeatable crash.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add Geometry options for transform

Photoshop Camera Raw has an awesome geometry tool that lets you draw out the horizontal and vertical lines to straighten, level, and fix perspective issues with the image. I cannot for the life of me figure out a simple and easy way to do this inside AE or PR

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base