After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Mask Tracker not available when Layer is used as Matte

I often use a masked copy of a video layer als an alpha matte.
    Unfortunaletly Ae disables the Mask tracker for layers that are used as a matte. We first have to release it (by changing the setting of the masked layer) befor we can use the Mask tracker again. Why?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Import .VDB in After Effects

Import .VDB in After Effects

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Detect Depth

Create White and Black Values for Depth based on AI or another Route within After Effects

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. CC Ball Action - Disable 3D Shading

It would be great to disable the shading on the balls so that the user can create a flat color effect. Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. CC Particle World depth problem

I am using CC Particle World, and for some reason it seems to put particles that are supposed to be further away in front of particles that are closer to the camera. In the pictured example I used a 'field' of particles with a producer that has a 0px Y-axis to best illustrate what is going on. The particles are all the same size, and therefore the largest ones should be in front of the smaller ones, which is not the case.

I have observed the issue in multiple ways but it's most apparent when the particles are all at…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Rotobrush 2 Adobe Sensei

I'm using Rotobrush 2 for Rotoscoping on the job. It is an improvement over the previous version. However, it does not do well with large shots. My shot is over 2,000 frames and Rotobrush 2 takes hours to propagate. I can do small parts of the shot, but I need roto that last for the entire shot, so I've had to stop using Rotobrush 2 and use a mask with Mocha Pro. Please improve this on future releases of Rotobrush.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Improve Cryptomatte Stability Issues

Cryptomatte workflows need major improvement.

Lots of instability issues and crashing, especially when applying masks, mattes, transforms, resizing compositions, and changing project bit-depth whenever the Cryptomatte effect is in use.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Bug Report: AE CC 2020 Premultiplied Alphachannel from ProRes 4444 will result in black outlines

When using ProRes 444+ with premultiplied Alpha in AE2020 (17.x) on MacOS 10.14. and 10.15. the key will have black outlines. Bug wont occur in AE2019 (16.x) or with AE2020 on MacOS 10.13. Please fix this issue.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Set Matte layer changes on paste

If you use the Set Matte effect and paste all the layers of an animation into another composition, the "Take Matte From Layer" changes to itself.
    So I have 80 layers pointing to one layer, and when I paste them, they all point to themselves.
    Please fix that so that it is pointing to the same layer it was previously pointing to.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Effects Presets disappeared

Dear Adobe,

My effects presets disappeared from the effects & presets panel and i have tried everything from refreshing the list, resetting preferences, resetting the workspace and even reinstalling After Effects. I currently own After Effects CC 2020 and just updated to macOS Big Sur last month. I had no issues when upgrading to Big Sur and when I was clearing my cache (which I normally do), my effects decides to disappear. All my effects are still in my folder it is just not showing on the effects panel. Please help!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. A text box feature that automatically provides a matching background box for texts

idea: when I type a bit of text I can select the «text box» option and select the colour, corner radius, extension, etc. The box should adapt to the text.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. AE 17.7.0 - Mask Feather Tool

Mask Feather Tool works only on one frame. If I set it on one frame it disappears on next frame (no keyframes on mask feather). It seams that it is dependent on mask path keyframes what is just stupid. First I want to do masking/rotoscoping and after I finish with that I would like to set seather using Mask Feather Tool and keyframe it by mask feather not by mask path.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Stop Glow effect from making things darker

When Glow is added (Glow Operation Add), in many cases it also generates a dark halo around the Glow. Imho, Glow, especially when set to Add should not make any pixel darker.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Pre Comp DropDown Window

It would be great to have a Pre-Comp DropDown window so that we dont need to move out of the original window to edit elements. We could have a scrub window to look through pre-comp and isolate effects and parameters. As there are so many twirl down menus , it would not matter if there a few more. Even if there was a little scrub window or something outside pre-comp to enable/disable layers etc. Any little thing would make life with pre-comps a lot easier

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. After effects render engine error 19969

MacBook Pro
    Model Identifier: MacBookPro15,2
    Processor Name: Quad-Core Intel Core i7
    Processor Speed: 2.8 GHz
    16GB Memory
    Intel Iris Plus 655 1536MB

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Comps placed into other comps via script do not have protected areas or comp markers applied

So I've found that when a comp with protected regions is placed into another comp via a script, none of the protected regions or comp markers on that comp are applied to that placed layer, to manually correct this one could add a marker onto that layer, then right click on it and select "Update Markers From Source" and this tends to update the protected regions as well, but there is no way to "Update Markers From Source" via scripting without any ui

Ideally the comp markers and protected regions should be present on the layer after the comp has…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Render Error: -1609629695 due to Levels Effects on one of the layers.

I could not render my work in After Effects or in Media Encoder. I get the error message:

Export Error
    Error compiling movie.

Render Error

Render returned error.

Writing with exporter: H.264
    Writing file type: H264
    Around timecode: 00:00:00:08
    Rendering at offset: 0,000 seconds
    Component: H.264 of type Exporter
    Selector: 9
    Error code: -1609629695

So I started to disable layer by layer one by one and render again until I narrowed down the problem - This was due to layer that had "Levels" effect. Once I turned off the Effect everything worked fine. Your welcome.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Tapered mask feathering

Ability to taper a mask feather so that one end can be more feathered than another. Real world example: Rotoscoping a moving character and being able to mask a limb that has more motion blur at one end from another.

I get there are other ways of achieving this same effect, and even other methods of getting a better cut out, but the flexibility would be fantastic, and could apply to a number of other scenarios. Think of the mask feather controls from Premiere.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. CC Force Motion Blur broken AE 17.7

Hi,

I'm trying to add motion blur to my cg scene using the force motion blur effect, but i get this weird doubling effect without the actual blurring/smearing. I remember that it used to work in the past, can someone confirm that it's broken?

Dropping the default settings on to my adjustment layer or exr seq does nothing, i have to disable the override to get something going but its this weird doubling effect, samples does nothing other then 1 (original footage) or more (the doubling).

My project is in 32 bit lin workflow, not that that should matter as…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Hi, just seems the layer sequencer isn't working

See attached photoshop file, I took screenshots and pasted them in with a walkthrough of what I''m doing on.

I've been a tester on a few softwares so just thought give a brief run down. Wasn't end of world, just had to do a lot of layer duplication.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  4 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base