After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 3d Model Importing into After Effects.

I would like to be able to Import 3d Models into After Effects, and Not just through Cinema 4d.

Like the Old Version of After Effects Could. I know alot of After Effects Users Want to be able to do this without a 3rd Party Plugin. or Software.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with: Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Hold key frames should disable motion blur for the property

I really would love to see the option to have hold key frames disable the rendering of motion blur. One example is that I have footage the has a time remap that ramps speed quickly from slow motion to sped up motion. I have masks that need to roto out a couple objects, but the motion blur jumps during the speed changes.this makes me split masks for the speed changes and adds a level of complexity to my comp.

Another example deals with a workflow that I use regularly that brings several similar shots into one comp so they can…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Parallel Effects Processing

Similar to workflows in DAW, I'd like to be able to parallel process effects on a layer. Simple things like being able to apply two seperate drop shadows that don't affect each other except when blending back together at the end of the chain. Currently 2 drop shadows in series would create a ghost of the other shadow. There are many more uses for this. The ideal solution of course would be a flowgraph/tree system but that's a lot of restructuring, maybe you could add to the "compositing options" a channel option so you can set them to multiple channels…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Bug: 3D projections are blurry, unless the camera's focal length is very short

Even with depth of field off, projecting an image onto a solid will result in a much blurrier version of the original image. The shorter the focal length of the camera, the sharper the image will be.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Don't require track mattes to be above the layer it modifies (and also allow re-use)

Requiring a track matte to be right above the layer it modifies seems like an archaic convention at best. Get rid of that requirement and make them like parent layers which can be anywhere and used by many layers.

355 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

34 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Deform along path effect

A highly needed effect!

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Smooth edge on decontamination

Please make edge on decontamination in Refine Soft Matte/Hard matte not so sharp, or moreover make a feather tab.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Decent and properly updated Curves Effects UI Filter

I know the AE team is not the Photoshop team when it comes to tool UI interface design and updating native tools..
    But i think this one is pretty obvious: The curves filter is a essential Color Correction tool. And dont say we have the Lumetri engine, because most of the time you want a simpler and direct tool with a "mental language" you are already familiar if you come from a image editing app (like photoshop)
    Saying that the Curves effect in AE 2020 still looks like is from the time of COSA After effects.
    So the need to…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Folders in After Effects timeline

Timeline folders. We have them in Animate, Photoshop, Illustrator... precomps can utterly ruin your work and is NOT an alternatives to having a simple folder hierarchy - especially when dealing with shape layers or anything that requires continual rasterization.

38 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. URGENT BUG - Effects on 3D shape layers don't show at all - 2020 17.0.2

This is a crucial bug that needs to be fixed IMMEDIATELY!

Any shape layer that's 3D doesn't show any effects. If 3D is disabled on the layer, the effects show.

This is a crippling bug introduced in the latest update and it needs to be fixed ASAP!!!!

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Keymix Plugin à la Nuke

Essential keying workflow tool. Would be awesome to have that without jumping through sub-comp hoops:

https://learn.foundry.com/nuke/content/referenceguide/mergenodes/keymix.html

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Make an archive of the AE SDK forum available.

The old AE SDK forum contained hundreds of threads with valuable information that is not available in the AE SDK guide. Very many of those threads are no longer available at all, and the new interface is no longer navigable because it is not possible to limit searches to posts tagged with 'SDK' or in any other meaningful way. Moreover, questions about the SDK are simply not being answered any more, and there is no other support resource. I don't think I would have been able to get anywhere near where I am now without the help of the forum,…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Proxy Effects or adding "render only" option to heavy intense effects

Some effects like camera lens blur are computationally expensive. It would be great to be able to have a proxy effects such as Gaussian blur during previews, but at render time turn off Gaussian blur and turn on camera lens blur. Or perhaps have a setting that only turns it on at render time. I imagine it could be a drop down that says "off until render." I know I can turn off all effects on a layer or composition, but then I have to remember to turn them on before rendering.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. NDI Tools Audio out in After Effects

Enquiring as to if NDI Audio support is coming for After effects? Currently premiere supports NDI audio and video but AE is video only and no option for audio. This has proven to be a very useful tool during working from home scenarios but audio is needed in After Effects as well.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow "Preserve RGB" to be accessible in preferences or hotkey

Remember Interpretation is only good in that session. What if AE crashes or you need to restart to install something?
    It would be great to add "Preserve RGB" to a toolbar button, hotkey or script. Can you please give us access to this as a menu item?
    It's too many clicks to get to it. In the age of ACEScg this will become even more needed.

Thanks

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. "Erode" effect to replace "Simple Choker"

It would be very nice to re-write the "Simple Choker" effect to perform more closely to the Nuke "Erode" node. Specifically the precision is much higher and the results more reliable. When using "Simple Choker" any feathering is lost and the matte becomes hard, it seems to exponentially get less effective the wider you go, and it does not keep the original shape of your mask very well (there seems to be a blurring effect which rounds out edges). On the other hand the Nuke "Erode" node works in pixels and no precision is lost in terms of your mask…

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. After Effects 2020 Much Much SLOWER

Was working with 2020 for 5 min.
    Out of the box in comparison seam to be slower on a comp of a resolution of 5400x1080, as compares to AE 2019.

Certainly twice(!!!!) slower from AE 2019 in reading JPG SEQ res:5400x1080.

Did not checked it further.

Both Apps synced with their preferences.
    Both of them have the Cache option disabled.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Transform Effect zPosition

Transform effects Position should have the possibility to activate 3rd dimension

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Make min-max value with decimal input

Right now the RADIUS input only accepts INTEGER values.
    Pease make them DECIMAL!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Effect Setting Vairations

Similar to Fusion.. Having the option to quickly jump between different variations of the same settings. Particularly useful in colour correction and grading, but useful for any effect and saves having to duplicate layers, or the same effect inside a layer.

Next to the name of the effects having 4 "tabs" and each one can have different settings for the effect.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base