After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Lumetri add point to HS Curves moves whole curve

When a point is added, the complete curve moves up or down.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Lumetri Color bug

When use Lumetri color on PNG, it will change the aspect ratio. Sometimes thinner sometimes wilder.

AE 18.4.0 on Mac

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. [BUG] Can't open subcomp

AE 18.0.1 won't let me enter a subcomp upon doubleclicking it's layer. The error message states "Can't open layers with collapsed transformation. Oh boy 😞

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Mesh Track Without Mocha Pro

Mesh Track in After Effects

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Make gradient editor scalable.

Make it scalable to the full width of the screen to make detailed gradients.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add gradient knot keeping the color at that position

When a knot is added, it gets the color of a neigbour not, while in most cases it's of more value to get the knot loaded with the color that existed on that position in the gradient. (Standard behaviour in Illustrator)
    Please make that possible, with a modifier key.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add Hex input to all colour pickers.

It's 2021, please can we have the ability to use hex values in all colour pickers that don't currently allow this; Colorama is one off the top of my head..
    Thanks

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add 'Repeat Edge Pixels' to Layer Styles

Layer Styles such as Emboss, Shadow, Glow often are not desirable at the edge of the Composition.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Redesign Track Matte - Select Matte layer with the lasso (same as in Parent&Link)

Now, to use single matte on multiple layers, we have two options - duplicate matte layers above every layer, or use Set Matte effect which doesnt work the same way as TrackMatte and its really inconvenient.

There is really simple solution for this! Use the same lasso tool we have in parent&link on TrackMatte. It will make the process so much simpler and easier. Please do this or at least fix Set Matte. Thanks

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add an option to set defaults for 'Accept lights' and 'Accepts shadows'

Add a preference to be able to set a default for 'Accept lights' and 'Accept shadows' - currently they both default to on.

It would be great to be able to choose 'off' for both, for example.

Use case: working on AE 3D motion graphics that I don't want to be effected by lights, but need to use lights to drive an effect (for example Optical flares).

Currently, any new 3D layers created in a comp with lights would need to be set to 'accept lights / shadows' off to retain the original look. This can become time-consuming when creating…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. import of PSD (sequences) with multiple Alpha Channels

HI, what about the ability of accessing the multiple Alphachannels that for example Cinema 4D can render into PSD(-sequences)? This would be perfect. I guess.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Mocha oddness

Where to start?

Lanching mocha usually launches the app off the screen so I spend five minutes trying to get it back, force quitting AE and disconnecting all but one monitor.

Then I resize it and it disappears somewhere else.

I finally get it to work and do my track, save and close Mocha... and I can no longer click on anything inside AE, despite Mocha being closed.

Just another bug in a long, sprawling, and ever-increasing line of bugs.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Bug : When use Blur(Gaussian) where applied off-screen

Bug Report

There is a bug that occurs when you add other effects while blur (Gaussian) is applied off-screen.

In my situation.
    If I apply a blur effect to the shape layer, and then apply S_BlurMotion, the entire screen is blurred.

This text was translated using DeepL.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. After Effects Split compositon window when working in 3d layers and cameras

As novas formas de dividir a "compostion window" para trabalhar com 3d são horríveis.

Tela dividida em 2 na vertical.
    A maior parte do trabalho ainda é com resoluções horizontais, e dividir a tela na vertical não ajuda. O ideal é voltar com a opção de dividir a tela em 2 na horizontal.

tela dividia em 4
    Eu particularmente gosto muito mais de dividir a tela em 1 grande (a visão da câmera resultado final) e 3 pequenas para me ajudar a posicionar elementos.
    4 telas do mesmo tamanho são desnecessárias e acabam prejudicando a ver a imagem principal, que…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Gradient Fill Shape

Is it possible to create an option, “Gradient Fill Shape” in the shape layer?
    The gradient fill color follows the shape.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. interpret Footage -> Premultiplied not working

My Prores 4444 Footage w Alpha that is premultiplied on Black, only acts normal when I am in Half resolution preview. As soon as I switch to Full Res or Render, the Alpha is treated as Straight/Unmatted.

Interestingly… if I select the interpret footage option "invert Alpha", the Alpha is only inverted when previewed at Full Resolution, not at reduced resolutions.

When I employ the workaround of adding the effect "Remove Color Matting" (Black) myself manualy, I also get very weird halos and artefacts when previawing at half resolution, which are not a side-effect of simply downscaling.

This occurs in…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 32bpc Mesh Warp and other distortion effects

We need to use the simple distortion effects like Mesh Warp, Liquify, etc without clamping colors to properly work in advanced compositing. It's impossible now to work in ACES for example and do a simple warp to correct something without clamping all the values...

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Caching stops with EXR files -- works in previous versions of AE

I have a 1080 24p EXR file that i'm applying Extractor too. When I try to RAM preview, it stops after about 75 frames and starts looping playback, even when I tell it to render the full duration or work area. This is NOT a problem in AE 17.

I have 32GB of RAM, so that's not a problem.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Content-aware fill not 32-bit when Lighting Correction set on?

Hello

A small inconvenience with AE V 18.2.1

I just tried to patch a video with the Content-aware fill.
    If Lighting Correction is on, the result is not 32-bit despite the settings say so.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base