After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Better Camera Projection Workflow

The Camera projection workflow in AE is horrible. A dedicated Projection effect as well as being able to project higher resolution would be much appreciated. Currently the resolution limit is 4K and the workflow for setting up spot lights and light transmission onto geo is horribly inefficient.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. MatchGrade

Something similar to Nuke's MatchGrade, where you input one layer as the reference and output matching color to a different layer.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Button to Create Null Target Within Tracker UI Window

A button within the tracker window UI that creates a null and applies in one click. Right now, have to create a null, hit edit target, select the target, then apply. Just a button to automate these steps

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. IDEA: NODES: Interactive Diagram

After Effects has a useful diagram, but this is only for knowing the compositions and their sub-compositions. You could use this current tool for developing a complex interactive node system for working with both layers and nodes simultaneously, for both general compositions and specific effect adjustements.

TKS

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. unable acquire rendered frame

camera tracking keep randomly saying unable acquire rendered frame.
    This never happened before until I updated to Adobe cc 2019
    Please fix

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. MORE VFX FUNCTIONALITIES

After Effects is really fantastic to create motion graphics, but maybe it should be better for creating cinematography visual effects as Nuke or Fusion.

Maybe this could be possible if your team developes tools for VFX, like #ProjectFastMask, #ProjectCloak, a remarkable improvement of the CINEWARE effect or accelerates the Cycore effects of After Effects.

TKS ;)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Remove "Compositing Options" from Expression Controls

I love having access to the per-effect Compositing Options, but there's no reason (I can think of, anyway) for them to exist on expression controls, aside from taking up additional vertical space in the timeline.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Fix CC Mr. Mercury bug - Compositing Options Effect Opacity not working

Effect Opacity under Compositing Options used in conjunction with CC Mr. Mercury has a potential bug. CC Mr. Mercury will fail to produce any shift in visual difference when the keyframe is activated and set to 0. Setting a kefyframe to a value of 1 then moving it over several frames to a value of 30, 63, 100 etc, will produce fine results. But setting the keyframe to a value of 0 then moving the Effect Opacity over several frames to a value of 30, 63, 100, etc, will produce a failed visual result and the effect opacity will not…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Set Matte layer does not work correctly with AI layers

Set Matte does not seem to work on Illustrator layers sourced from AI files.
    A workaround is to create a shape layer from the AI file.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. gradient stroke in layers styles

Please add to AE this.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. BUG: Masking a Lumetri adjustment layer transforms the underlying footage...

weird mask bug here.

I have footage. I put an adjustment layer above it. I put Lumetri in it. I go and draw a mask to make the adjustment just inside that mask.... the normal relighting routine.

Usually this would work flawlessly. But today when I tried it it results in the underlying image data being masked, yes. But the footage is also squeezed into that area.

With other effects, like Curves. It works as expected. But with the lumetri effect it squishes the footage like a canadian comedian squishes heads... See attached image

I guess I can't mask adjustments…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow Reset for entire subgroups of parameters.

In the Effect Controls panel, allow Reset for entire subgroups of parameters. Right now, there's a complete Reset for the entire effect, and individual parameters can be reset one at a time. I'd like a reset button, for example, for JUST the Wave Motion group in Radio Waves, JUST the Stroke group, and so forth.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. new layer's length as selected layer!

It is so annoying to have to trim every time you create a new layer to the same length as the layer you'd need, or use plug-ins/scripts for that matter,

would be awesome every time you create a new adj layer, solid etc, length would be the same as the selected layer, not having to trim it all the time, I have to do this all the time atm.

Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I want to link adjustment layer to the label group only

Hi
    I wish there was more features to adjustment layers. I want to have the option to apply an adjustment layer to my comp but choose what clips that it should affect. Let say I have many clips in my comp and 5 of them need the same color correction and effects, but I have layers below that I don't want to be affected. I wish there was an option that I could let the adjustment layer be linked to colors of the label group. That the same label group of the clip will be affected by adjustment layer if…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Stroke and Cinema 4D render

When a stroke is applied to a shape on a 3D layer and the Cinema 4D renderer is selected, when trim paths is used the width of the stroke changes. When the Classic 3D renderer is used, this does not happen.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for filing this bug report, and for sending us the project file.

Our engineers are examining the problem. Regarding the project you sent, they gave this feedback:

This problem is independent of using Trim Paths.

The problem can occur with shapes or text converted to Shapes, as in the provided project. With the CINEMA 4D renderer the Shape stroke width does not match the Classic 3D renderer – there is both a stroke symmetry shift around the path, and size can vary as well.

The stroke mismatch is typically quite small. However, the provided project has Transform > Scale set to over 300%, thereby exaggerating the problem.

To work around this you could avoid using a large scale value on the shape layer. Adding scale per shape path almost eliminates the problem visually, but is impractical to do for each shape.

Another workaround could be to maybe prep the…

17. Transform Controls in Set Matte effect

Adding a set of transform controls to Set Matte would allow per instance, on-the-fly adjustments to mattes that would go a long way making procedural matting easier.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Width Tool in AE.

Why not create a width tool like the one available in Illustrator?

This would improve the freedom of creativity, and we would stop making characters with straight arms, geometric shapes, etc. I know that Animate CC exists, but the options offered by AE are infinitely better and easier than An.

If you make an animation in AE, with figures created in AI, it is very noticeable that you have done with these two programs. We all have to do it in the same way, and that bothers me.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. IDEA: Fusion Modes Preview

You should add the same new Photoshop fusion modes preview into both Premiere Pro and After Effects. ;)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Bug - applying Lumetri after Primatte Key causes a slight unexpected scale shift.

The layer is masked.

AE CC 2019
    MacBook Pro 15" 2016
    2.9 GHz Intel Core i7
    16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3
    Radeon Pro 460 4096 MB
    Intel HD Graphics 530 1536 MB

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for filing this bug report.

It would be helpful if we could see screenshots of the problem (with and without the shift) and/or a project that demonstrates the issue.

Post a link to your files here, or if you prefer not to post publicly you can send it to aebugs@adobe.com. (If you send to that address: A) Do not send .zip files, they will be blocked; renaming to .thisisazipfile is OK. B) Post a comment here when you have sent the email. I need to manually check that inbox.)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base