After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. More love for 360/VR in After Effects

since 2018, Ae has not been updated in relation to VR/360 workflows. Ae has limited VR effects and the VR Comp Editor workflow which is also very limited and delicate script and expression heavy process.

Ae should have a spherical camera, mono and stereo. this would obsolete the stiching workflow of VR Comp Editor and it's limitations. 3d plugins like trapcode or stardust are very breakable, also all the 2d effects won't work properly without the use of 3rd party tools and even then it's very limited.

these new technologies should not be left behind, there are great things motion…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Bug Report: Resizing the composition causes the 3D layer to shift.

If you resize the composition using the "Crop Comp to Region of Interest" feature in version 17.5.1, there will be a difference in the display between 2D and 3D layers with the same X and Y numbers.
    It didn't happen in versions prior to 17.1.4.

The following reproduction procedure
    1, Creating a composition
    2, Create a new layer
    3, Resize the composition using "Crop Comp to Region of Interest"
    4, Check the 3D layer.

Other than "Crop Comp to Region of Interest", the same phenomenon occurs when resizing with "Composition Settings / Advanced / Anchor" selected other than the center. …

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Render Error: -1609629695 due to Levels Effects on one of the layers.

I could not render my work in After Effects or in Media Encoder. I get the error message:

Export Error
    Error compiling movie.

Render Error

Render returned error.

Writing with exporter: H.264
    Writing file type: H264
    Around timecode: 00:00:00:08
    Rendering at offset: 0,000 seconds
    Component: H.264 of type Exporter
    Selector: 9
    Error code: -1609629695

So I started to disable layer by layer one by one and render again until I narrowed down the problem - This was due to layer that had "Levels" effect. Once I turned off the Effect everything worked fine. Your welcome.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. CC Force Motion Blur broken AE 17.7

Hi,

I'm trying to add motion blur to my cg scene using the force motion blur effect, but i get this weird doubling effect without the actual blurring/smearing. I remember that it used to work in the past, can someone confirm that it's broken?

Dropping the default settings on to my adjustment layer or exr seq does nothing, i have to disable the override to get something going but its this weird doubling effect, samples does nothing other then 1 (original footage) or more (the doubling).

My project is in 32 bit lin workflow, not that that should matter as…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Hi, just seems the layer sequencer isn't working

See attached photoshop file, I took screenshots and pasted them in with a walkthrough of what I''m doing on.

I've been a tester on a few softwares so just thought give a brief run down. Wasn't end of world, just had to do a lot of layer duplication.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  4 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Bug Report: AE CC 2020 Premultiplied Alphachannel from ProRes 4444 will result in black outlines

When using ProRes 444+ with premultiplied Alpha in AE2020 (17.x) on MacOS 10.14. and 10.15. the key will have black outlines. Bug wont occur in AE2019 (16.x) or with AE2020 on MacOS 10.13. Please fix this issue.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Gradient Fill Shape

Is it possible to create an option, “Gradient Fill Shape” in the shape layer?
    The gradient fill color follows the shape.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Single-color option for Tint effect

I often just want to add a simple color tint to an object (eg make something a little blue). This seems like a very basic need to me.

The 'Fill' effect is no good as you can't change the opacity.

The 'Tint' effect requires two colors, meaning you can't see a preview while you pick a color, as you need to copy and paste your color into two boxes.

Sure, there are workarounds, like using a solid. But isn't this kind of thing precisely what effects are made for? If we have an adjustment layer containing various effects, why shouldn't…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. A blur brush to use when cleaning up mattes

I have generated a key of an eagle flying, using roto brush and refine edge brush. The alpha channel is then rendered, and brought in as a monochrome clip, and this key clip then needs to be cleaned up frame by frame using the brush tool.

To help create a better key, a blur brush that softens the edge of the key as you paint on it, would be super useful, where you can set the level of blur applied as you paint.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Introduce Locked But Editable Compositions

I do a lot of wire and rig removal work, and am constantly battling moving a spline point and finding the entire composition is being moved. This happens while doing other work, as well.

My concept would be a "locked but editable" feature, where the layer is locked in position, but can still be worked on.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Pick Whip all parameters of an Effect in one go

There are a lot of occasions where the same effect is applied to several layers.
    Wouldn't it be great if all parameters of these effect instances could be linked together in one Pick Whip?
    Please add a Pick Whip symbol to the Root / name of the effect that, when used, connects all the effects' settings.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. [BUG] Roto-brush freezing errors

1. Paint Roto-brush to good result

2. Freeze

3. Freezing produces different and wrong result

4. :(

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Crashes when EXRs don't match comp size and have any transform settings

Basically, EXRs must be precomped to apply any sort of transform to then. Otherwise I get a repeatable crash.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add Geometry options for transform

Photoshop Camera Raw has an awesome geometry tool that lets you draw out the horizontal and vertical lines to straighten, level, and fix perspective issues with the image. I cannot for the life of me figure out a simple and easy way to do this inside AE or PR

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Fill for Blend modes (Linear Light and etc)

Hey,

in Photoshop we have the ability to tweak the 8 special blend modes.
    You can decrease the "fill" and then the blend made start making sense.

Color Burn, Linear Burn, Color Dodge, Linear Dodge (Add), Vivid Light, Linear Light, Hard Mix, and Difference

So pls, can we get the same feature in AE.
    Because it would make a lot of the compositing issues and grinding issues easier to deals with.

thanxs

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add Motion Source choice to Mask Tracker

I would like the Mask Tracking to work on a Solid Layer, while looking to a video layer.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. LIVE LINK (!) seemless integration of autodesk 3DSMAX into after effects

as many of us in VFX have been working with the combination 3dsMAX - after effects , to create compositing / animation / camera / modelling it is absolutely obliged to have a fast integration like maxxon cinema 4D connection in after effects. the compositors link is NOT providing a real fluid workflow .
    els one has to switch finally to theFoundry nuke / autodesk 3dsmax. Yet after effects is a very fast solution . to keep this we'd like to have a simillar link , without scaling / axis issues , between 3dsMAX and after effects .")

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Stabilization around a point or shape for roto or tracking

Hi Adobe !

It would be great to have an option allowing to stabilize the viewport around a point / shape / mask / layer. This would be a huge help for rotoscoping work, or for manually correcting bad 2D or 3D tracking.

This option is available in Mocha, but this would be great to have something similar directly in AE ;)

Thanks, and please excuse me if I made some english mistakes, I'm French and dumb ^^

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. What the h.. The rotoscoop tool is HUGLY buggy

The rotoschoping tool is aweful
    It disapears, the freezing doesn't actually freeze the selection and the mask remaps
    Aweful, a waste of time. I will look for an other tool I can't believe I pay for this

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Caustics Effect resolution independent and 32 bit

It would be better if the caustics effect was resolution independent. As it is now it produces different result if you set resolution to half insted of full in the viewport. Which make it more difficult to work with.
    Also it would be nice if it could be updated to work in 16 and 32 bit. (same request for all effects please)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 15 16
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base