After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. "Track Matte" feature for the "Set Matte" Effect.

CC composite is great for compositing its own layer over itself again, the track mattes is good for tracking an alpha/luma of a layer above itself.
    However, many times I'd like to composite, say an icon, over a circle shape - then animate each one independently (perhaps the circle scales up and the icon slides down to the centre of the circle), then, have the icon track the circles alpha channel so you only ever see the icon inside the circle.
    Set matte doesnt often work as you are manipulating transform properties, and set matte seems to only work when…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. More love for 360/VR in After Effects

since 2018, Ae has not been updated in relation to VR/360 workflows. Ae has limited VR effects and the VR Comp Editor workflow which is also very limited and delicate script and expression heavy process.

Ae should have a spherical camera, mono and stereo. this would obsolete the stiching workflow of VR Comp Editor and it's limitations. 3d plugins like trapcode or stardust are very breakable, also all the 2d effects won't work properly without the use of 3rd party tools and even then it's very limited.

these new technologies should not be left behind, there are great things motion…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Upgrade Roughen Edges effect.

More in-depth, customizable roughen edges effect. Ability to apply effect to shape layers to get edges like Photoshop brushes. Maybe even use the stamp of a Photoshop brush to determine the texture and variation of the edge. Edge example from Photoshop attached.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. [BUG] Can't open subcomp

AE 18.0.1 won't let me enter a subcomp upon doubleclicking it's layer. The error message states "Can't open layers with collapsed transformation. Oh boy 😞

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  3 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add blending modes to Fill Effect

Always wondered why the effect lacks those. (and why the Opacitiy parameter of the effect affects the Opacity of the layer)

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow Set Matte effect to see/respect transforms

If I want to use a layer as a matte using Set Matte, AE won't recognize any transforms (position, scale, etc) that I've done to it within the comp. It will only see them if I precomp the layer, adding more complexity to the file, and causing other issues.

Instead of just the option to use Source, Masks, Effects & Masks, can you add transforms? Maybe instead of the pop-up selector, you could have checkboxes, so the user could choose what combination of modifiers they want to use.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Effect similar to CC Composite, but instead takes a result from further up the effects chain

I'd like to propose an effect that can take a result from further up the effects chain and recomposite it back over the final result. Similar to how CC Composite can put the original image back over the final result.

Even if behind the scenes this means rendering the same thing twice, it would be convenient to have this functionality on a single layer. I often find myself making copies of a layer and using the Calculations effect to blend layers together, or create more intricate mattes.

It could have controls like transfer mode, opacity, preserve transparency, etc. Maybe similar…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Update the Add Grain effect to use GPU and 32-bit

I need to apply grain frequently in my work to clean plates I’ve created, and it needs to match the 6k/4k HDR plates I’ve been provided. I prefer Add Grain to Match Grain, as it’s quicker and more accurate for me to manually set it. Because of the size of the plates, and the lack of GPU acceleration in this plug-in, it’s the main bottleneck in my rendering speed, plus 32-bit would help with color fidelity. Obviously, multiframe rendering would be great, too, but I would at least love GPU acceleration to start!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Lumetri add point to HS Curves moves whole curve

When a point is added, the complete curve moves up or down.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Make the Offset effect support 16/32 bit color

The Offset effect is a very useful tool in many occasions. Please make it ready for todays standards.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Element 3D plugin with Mac GPU

Hello

Have any Mac users experienced problems with the Element 3D plugin in the latest After Effects release?
    After Effects: 18.2
    macOS: 10.15.7
    GPU: Radeon Pro Vega 48 8 GB
    Element 3D: 2.2.2

After Effects renders black objects in the Element plugin when using a timeline layer as a custom texture. It's an 8K layer, but the project has worked without problems before the latest updates.
    Full render and Preview render modes show empty black texture. The Draft render mode shows a correct texture, and inside the plugin's Scene Setup, everything works fine.
    Have to restart Mac to be able…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Bug : When use Blur(Gaussian) where applied off-screen

Bug Report

There is a bug that occurs when you add other effects while blur (Gaussian) is applied off-screen.

In my situation.
    If I apply a blur effect to the shape layer, and then apply S_BlurMotion, the entire screen is blurred.

This text was translated using DeepL.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. After Effects Split compositon window when working in 3d layers and cameras

As novas formas de dividir a "compostion window" para trabalhar com 3d são horríveis.

Tela dividida em 2 na vertical.
    A maior parte do trabalho ainda é com resoluções horizontais, e dividir a tela na vertical não ajuda. O ideal é voltar com a opção de dividir a tela em 2 na horizontal.

tela dividia em 4
    Eu particularmente gosto muito mais de dividir a tela em 1 grande (a visão da câmera resultado final) e 3 pequenas para me ajudar a posicionar elementos.
    4 telas do mesmo tamanho são desnecessárias e acabam prejudicando a ver a imagem principal, que…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Gradient Fill Shape

Is it possible to create an option, “Gradient Fill Shape” in the shape layer?
    The gradient fill color follows the shape.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. interpret Footage -> Premultiplied not working

My Prores 4444 Footage w Alpha that is premultiplied on Black, only acts normal when I am in Half resolution preview. As soon as I switch to Full Res or Render, the Alpha is treated as Straight/Unmatted.

Interestingly… if I select the interpret footage option "invert Alpha", the Alpha is only inverted when previewed at Full Resolution, not at reduced resolutions.

When I employ the workaround of adding the effect "Remove Color Matting" (Black) myself manualy, I also get very weird halos and artefacts when previawing at half resolution, which are not a side-effect of simply downscaling.

This occurs in…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Rotobrush Quality Default Preference

Would like to inverse the default value of the rotobrush v2 quality to be best.

Perhaps its a preference.

Reasoning: I can't think of a reason why I would want a less-than-ideal roto. Even if its for speed... if it has to be redone at best anyway, why run it faster at first?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Detect Depth

Create White and Black Values for Depth based on AI or another Route within After Effects

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Bug Report: Resizing the composition causes the 3D layer to shift.

If you resize the composition using the "Crop Comp to Region of Interest" feature in version 17.5.1, there will be a difference in the display between 2D and 3D layers with the same X and Y numbers.
    It didn't happen in versions prior to 17.1.4.

The following reproduction procedure
    1, Creating a composition
    2, Create a new layer
    3, Resize the composition using "Crop Comp to Region of Interest"
    4, Check the 3D layer.

Other than "Crop Comp to Region of Interest", the same phenomenon occurs when resizing with "Composition Settings / Advanced / Anchor" selected other than the center. …

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Set Matte layer changes on paste

If you use the Set Matte effect and paste all the layers of an animation into another composition, the "Take Matte From Layer" changes to itself.
    So I have 80 layers pointing to one layer, and when I paste them, they all point to themselves.
    Please fix that so that it is pointing to the same layer it was previously pointing to.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Bug Report: AE CC 2020 Premultiplied Alphachannel from ProRes 4444 will result in black outlines

When using ProRes 444+ with premultiplied Alpha in AE2020 (17.x) on MacOS 10.14. and 10.15. the key will have black outlines. Bug wont occur in AE2019 (16.x) or with AE2020 on MacOS 10.13. Please fix this issue.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 17 18
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base