After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Bug Report: AE CC 2020 Premultiplied Alphachannel from ProRes 4444 will result in black outlines

When using ProRes 444+ with premultiplied Alpha in AE2020 (17.x) on MacOS 10.14. and 10.15. the key will have black outlines. Bug wont occur in AE2019 (16.x) or with AE2020 on MacOS 10.13. Please fix this issue.

10 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Hi, just seems the layer sequencer isn't working

See attached photoshop file, I took screenshots and pasted them in with a walkthrough of what I''m doing on.

I've been a tester on a few softwares so just thought give a brief run down. Wasn't end of world, just had to do a lot of layer duplication.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Pick Whip all parameters of an Effect in one go

There are a lot of occasions where the same effect is applied to several layers.
    Wouldn't it be great if all parameters of these effect instances could be linked together in one Pick Whip?
    Please add a Pick Whip symbol to the Root / name of the effect that, when used, connects all the effects' settings.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Crashes when EXRs don't match comp size and have any transform settings

Basically, EXRs must be precomped to apply any sort of transform to then. Otherwise I get a repeatable crash.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Effects to camera and lights

I want be able to add effects like Expression Controls to Cameras & Lights. For example to add a checkbox to switch Dof on-off more easily, from the effects window. So you don't need to create an extra nulllayer that holds the controlls.

THANKS

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Make expression controls inside composition accessible to the layer instance outside

I have a composition of a keyboard with each key to light up on a note. I make the keyboard and several checkbox controls for the highlight. Now I put the keyboard composition as a layer in a composition that has all the note info.

Why can't I make the checkboxes inside the composition available to the layer so that I can have multiple note arrangements using the same keyboard composition? I can't make this link without hard-coding the composition name into the keyboard composition. So I have to make a duplicate keyboard for each composition I want to use…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Essential graphics should have a function to replace an image inside the control comp.

I'm working on a large ongoing project that requires a lot of title animations with different text and images. Essential Graphics has helped but could be improved vastly if there was some sort of "placeholder" layer inside a composition that could be used to swap or select different images inside of essential graphics.

Thank you!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add Grain in 32bit

Please move this to the top of priorities.
    Since we're now all moving towards ACES which requires working in 32bit, not having a grain effect that works in 32bit makes most of the compositing work almost impossible to do. It's hard to think of an effect that doesn't require grain matching with the background plate, and now every time we apply the add grain effect all, overbright values get clamped, so we CAN'T use the effect on any new production :/

23 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Bug Report: Resizing the composition causes the 3D layer to shift.

If you resize the composition using the "Crop Comp to Region of Interest" feature in version 17.5.1, there will be a difference in the display between 2D and 3D layers with the same X and Y numbers.
    It didn't happen in versions prior to 17.1.4.

The following reproduction procedure
    1, Creating a composition
    2, Create a new layer
    3, Resize the composition using "Crop Comp to Region of Interest"
    4, Check the 3D layer.

Other than "Crop Comp to Region of Interest", the same phenomenon occurs when resizing with "Composition Settings / Advanced / Anchor" selected other than the center. …

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Folders

ist not the first request of this kind, but i still miss folders in the comp/timeline window for more comfort. it not always make sense to have something in a pre comp – especially when its animated – and to jump back and forth to adjust keyframes. it would be so great to have it all in one comp and just pack layers into folders and giving them a mask too. the set mask option does not compensate the miss of folders with masks – just think of a photoshop without folders for big composition jobs – unthinkable today :…

13 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. About the phenomenon that the preview freezes and the error notification appears when duplicating the composition.

I encountered a phenomenon that the preview freezes when processing in a specific order on Windows version cc2020 (17.1.4).
    It occurred even if I tried it on another PC in the same environment.

Steps to occur

1. Create a composition. (Including precompose)

2. Read the aep file.

3. Duplicate the composition created before reading the aep file on the project window.

4. Duplicate the duplicated composition further. (The preview of the composition you create later will not be updated.)

5. If you erase the layer in the composition that was duplicated for the second time after the preview freezes,
      You will…
    1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. lumetri VERY funny bug

Lumetri color adjustment layer does not accept masks in AE 17.1.4 or even track mate layer. Instead of it is masked is there showed small "copy" of composition below in mask area! in AE 17.1.3 is everything OK
    Very Funny bug, just try it :) :)

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Bug - Wrong speed when playing the audio file

I am new to Adobe Effects and am currently testing the application.

I have created a new composition and added an audio file. When I play the composition. the music plays sometimes normal, sometimes too slow.

I can't imagine that it is a feature. Especially since there was no notification or similar. In any case, this does not work as expected... In any other video editing program there is no problem playing the file.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. After Effects Minimax

Photoshop has Minimum and Maximum and the option to preserve squareness or roundness.
    Do the same in After effects' Minimax, add an option to preserve roundness, since by default it preserves squareness.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add effects to better handle 3d passes

with the upgrade of the EXR workflow inside AE it is easyer than ever to do 3d compositing inside AE. But there is a lack of native tools to do so.
    First of all the camera blur is slow, doesn't handle the aliased problems in the zdepth very well and doesn't produce a convincing photorealist blur...
    Next the pixel motion blur was a great addition when it was promoted a few years ago but it would have been great to be able to feed it with a motion vector pass coming from the 3d render to be able to produce…

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Time Remapping doesn't seem to function properly when used with EXR sequences

Enable Time Remapping doesn't seem to function properly when used with EXR sequences. I rendered a multi-pass EXR sequence from C4D and split it up using ProEXR from fnord. However, in order to save time, I only rendered the frames that had animation on them, figuring I could time remap it in AE to add handles to the beginning and end. Usually, the workflow is to move one frame back set a new key, delete the final time remap key and extend the ending layer. This doesn't work, everything afterwards just shows up black. As a workaround I've had to…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 3d Lightning in After Effects.

The Lightning in After Effects is Fantastic, Curious if in the Future After Effects Could Create a 3d Lightning Function According to the Camera and its Position.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Background per line of text

I'm missing the opportunity to add background to text layers. More specifically, a background that adapts to the line breaks in any given text.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. A quick color matching function in Lumetri

After Effects has no quick color matching function for different clips.
    Please integrate a color matching function in Lumetri like you did in Premiere Pro.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 14 15
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base