After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Pencil tool or Blob Brush tool for shape layers

Pencil tool or Blob Brush tool for shape layers

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. New Update 18.0.1

You cant click on the footage anymore to scale it directly with your mouse....?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Bug: Keyframes lock on copy-and-pasted layers

When using a layer that has been copied and pasted into a comp -- in my case, from one comp into another, or from a Premiere timeline into an After Effects comp -- the keyframes become "locked". They aren't marked as locked, but they can't be selected, moved, or manipulated in the Curve Editor. They can be changed by moving the playhead over the keyframe and adjusting the parameter under the Layer Controls, but only then. The exact same assets when dragged into a comp from the Project panel do not have this issue, and this issue is repeatable and…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Path display issue

When you time reverse footage and animate the position, the path does not display, motion paths are turned on. works in all my other layers fine.. just not in the one where the footage is reversed.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Visibile motion paths within Shape Layers

It would be great to have VISIBLE Motion Paths within shape layers. It would be much easier to animate individual shape groups this way. Currently, animating a shape within a shape group requires expressions and can get messy pretty quickly.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Separating Dimensions Shouldn't Ruin Your Animation Curves

When you realize you need to separate the dimensions of a layer and you've already done animation on that layer, doing so shouldn't ***** up the work you've already done.

This is 100% possible. Moho has this capability and it's hobbyist level software.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. The Offset filter is broken.

The Offset filter is broken, and has been broken for a very long time. Here's what I wrote about it on creativecow.com back in 2013:

"This filter has been buggy for a while. It seems there’s a “magic line” of approximately 32,769, positive or negative, beyond which the Shift Center To parameter fails to work. I’m in a 1920×1080 comp, with a same-sized Photoshop file, rendering at Full quality. Set keyframes at 40,000×540 and -40,000×540. There will be no movement until the Shift Center To value crosses that 32,769 line. Then it will animate, until it reaches -32,769, at which…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Integrate Mixamo into After Effects!

I think you should integrate mixamo into After Effects to make animation of 3d characters a lot easier. This way we can use 3d animated character easily in After Effects and also allow it so people can use any character they can bring into After effects to be animated. Along with an easy way to make the characters interact with objects in a scene.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Video and still image capture inside After Effects

Please add the feature of allowing After effects to connect to a webcam and capture video or still images. This will allow users to create animation using drawings or stop motion or shoot reference videos inside of after effects without having to waste time using a separate application and transferring files.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. use getStyleAt() also to redefine properties

thisComp.layer("Text layer").text.sourceText.getStyleAt(0).fontSize
    gives me the size of the first character

why :
    getStyleAt(0).setFontSize(72)
    it applies to all characters and doesn't allow to redefine only the size of the first character?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Animate Parenting

It would be great to be able to animate parent/unparent. There would be no need to split layers. Would make for a very nice clean comp.

In the manner that this post suggests:
    https://creativecow.net/forums/thread/is-there-a-way-to-keyframe-parentingunparentingaea/

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Automatic marker updates throughout compositions

Have master markers that update through a composition and all it's nested precomps.

I often have the same time markers in my comps and it's tedious to update them manually throughout all of them across the project. It would be a timesaver and overall more accurate if they were all linked to the parent comp and updated their timestamps accordingly

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Paste Time-Reversed Keyframes

It would be wonderful to have a Paste function that combined a standard keyframe paste followed by a Time-Reverse Keyframes process. I find myself quite often animating an element "into position" and then later wanting to reverse the process to "return" to its original state.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Expression for clip duration as trimmed within Premeire

inPoint, outPoint and thisComp.duration all reflect the original, untrimmed/stretched clip when used in Premiere.

We need an expression that can reference the (trimmed) clip duration.

Right now everyone is adding duration sliders which is a bad solution for many reasons.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Motion Sketch Audio is STILL broken.

Please fix Motion Sketch. The Audio has been broken for FIVE YEARS.

I have to record the video on my phone, play it back and start the recording and the motion sketch at the same time just to work around this issue.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Shape trim paths should come after taper and wave operations

Using trim paths, I'm trying to animate a shape stroke that has a taper added to the start and end of the stroke. Taper is calculated relative to the length of the stroke, which AE recognises as changing according to the percentage completion of the trim paths.

This might be what you'd want some of the time, but I just want to animate the stroke like a pen mark being written on. The line left by a pen nib would not be shifting its thickness as it is being drawn on.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Feature Request - keyframe guides

Hi there,

it would be handy (for me at least) to have subtle guide lines appear when I'm moving keyframes, so I can line them up to keyframes in other layers more easily. Also the property of the keyframes you are moving would become subtley highlighted in other layers, so it's easier to see which keyframes you're lining up to.

Cheers,

Trev

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. add time offset or delay option to offset path

I love the new offset option for paths. What would be even cooler, if we could animate the copies with a delay without having to duplicate the layer so many times. It would be much more elegant to do everything on one layer with one or two extra properties defining the offset/delay for the keyframed animation to repeat on the copies.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base