After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Option to quantize keyframes when time stretching with Alt key

Time stretching with the Alt/Opt key is a great way to quickly adjust the length of an animation, but it almost always leads to subframe positioning of keyframes. There are plenty of scripts out there to fix the results of this problem (I use KEYboard), but it would be great if we could avoid this problem all together by holding the Shift key after we start Alt+Dragging. Shift would be in line with the existing behavior of snapping keys to other keys, layer in/out points, and marke

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Control timeline properties from the effects panel - Effects panel to Properties panel

Camera layers, Lights, Sound, these layers will never have effects applied to them, why would we display an empty effects panel and waste AE screen real-estate, while it could be the perfect place to control the properties for these layers?

Think about other properties like shape layers for example and how easy it would be to just control their properties in the effect/properties panel!

Here is how that could work: http://www.sandervandijk.tv/after-effects-features/effects#property-controls

262 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Cel Animation Workflow

Animate and Photoshop are great tools for cel animation but both lack the usability for modern motion design workflows that After Effects would provide. Adding support for photoshop-style raster animation in After Effects would bring this powerful technique into the right environment, and add features useful for unrelated workflows.

To solve this, I propose the addition of a new Frame Paint Effect, which would would enable a fast, non-parametric way to paint into an effect. It would work like this:

Photoshop brush engine
    - Painting pixels not strokes.
    - Focus on speed, quality and tablet pressure/tilt support, NOT editability.
    -…

128 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Shape Layer Repeaters with Selectors (the kind in text animators)

Shape layers could really use some love. I propose that the same way we add selectors and properties to Text Layer animations, should be used for Shape Layer Repeaters.

Draw a square, repeat it 10 times, now add a range selector with position and scale. think of the cool mograph type effects you could create with that system, The best part, is that Shape Layers and Text Animators are practically cousins, so I don't think it would be to hard to implement.

Bonus would be to also have the same path options that Text layers have as well, imagined if…

124 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Frame Picker for After effect?

What do you think about bring Animate CC's Frame Picker or Keyframe Caddy to After effect?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Gradient Along a Stroke of a Shape Layer

Would love to be able to make the stroke of a Shape Layer a gradient. Even if it was just a two-color gradient from one end to the other, that would be great. If it could be RGB and Alpha, even better! The gradient could be oriented from one end of the spline to another, or along the width of the stroke.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Holding the Shift Key While Moving a Tangent Handle (Curved Path)

Allow the user to hold the shift key down while moving the tangent handle of a curved path to constrain the movement to the horizontal and vertical axes based on the anchor point from which the tangent starts. The shift key currently allows movement of the tangent handle along seemingly random angle intervals.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Set Legacy Puppet Engine to Default

Advanced puppet engine is rubbery and starch is ineffective. Puppet meshes often break when switching from Advanced to Legacy engine.

I'd love the ability to set the Legacy engine as default, and see continued support for the legacy puppet engine in releases down the road.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Certify the Quadro RTX 4000 gpu

Hola estimados.
    Tengo una gpu Quadro RTX 4000, como no está certificada no me permite hacer raytracing en after effects.
    Mi pedido es que se proceda a la certificación de dicha tarjeta, ya que es especialmente orientada hacia el raytracing.
    Cordiales saludos y gracias.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Ability to mute Keyframes

In C4D you can 'mute' keyframes - essentially this acts like deleting the keyframe except that a dummy 'reference' key is left there, perhaps greyed out, that stores the value(s) and interpolations it had before it was muted. Keyframes to either side behave exactly as if it was not there, until it is un-muted.

69 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. it would be awesome if AE didn't repeatedly lock up while doing simple tracking.

I can't even begin to calculate how many times I've had to go into Task Manager to kill After Effects after it locks up doing a simple track.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Automatically make shape layers 3D if camera is present

I'll often have an animated 3D camera, but when I create a shape layer it is by default a 2D layer. When I make it a 3D layer, the position moves relative to the camera. I don't know how many times I've done a bunch of work to arrange a shape layer, then realized it's not 3D, and then had to reposition it all over again.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 3D Text issue. Random triggers for TDL error (88::2)

I am still pretty new to animating in after effects, but I have seen several people complaining about bugs similar to what I am dealing with.

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1128877

It is frustrating if the team can fix this that would be great.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Repeat frame values in After Effects like MMB in Maya

It would be nice if there was a way to repeat values to another position in timeline in After Effects like we do in Autodesk Maya. I mean, you have a key at frame 1 and one at frame 30; you would like to have the values that you currently have at frame 10 to become the values for the key at frame 20.
    In Autodesk Maya, you would go to frame 10, MMB drag the timeline to frame 20 and set a key for the attributes you want keyed, because when you MMB drag in Maya the animation “freezes”…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Ranking feature such as Microsoft Excel

Expression for dynamic ranking such as different number counter:

Eg. Number counter_ A PARENT WITH ANY LAYER property such as position = 20

Number counter_ B PARENT WITH property = 30

Number counter_ C PARENT WITH property = 50

New expression will rank the position of all layer per number counter output

Such as

Number counter 50 first,

Number counter 30second

Number counter 20 third position

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Parent keyframes to markers

A way to parent multiple keyframes to layer markers would be fantastic. For example, having several animations that use multiple properties with different start points across a number of layers, it becomes laborious to adjust all of the timings quickly. Moving a layer marker and adjusting all of the keyframes, while keeping the timing the same between them, would be very handy! The plugin Animation Composer from MrHorse has this functionality already, but you can only do it with the set animations within the plugin.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow muting keyframes of a specific parameter

Mute/deactivate the keyframes of a specific parameter, ie. the position parameter of a certain layer. The keyframes would still exist, and possibly still be visible in the timeline, but they don't affect the composition while muted.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. After Effects error: internal verification failure, Sorry! {no current context}

After Effects error: internal verification failure, Sorry! {no current context}

After Roto Brush & Refine Edge propagation is frozen. Unfreeze to update.

I could not open the project after it was updated!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Paste keyframes as offset

Just like the loopOut("offset") expression, this command would offset all of the keyframes in a paste operation by the parameter's current value. (at the moment this can be done by selecting the newly pasted frames, and scrolling the value of the first frame to match the parameter's current value. It's not quick or particularly accurate)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Bug: Offset Paths used with Trim Paths. Can no longer reverse path direction.

If you create an ellipse shape layer, then add an Offset Paths effect, adjust the offset amount, apply a Trim Paths effect, animate the end amount, then try to reverse the path direction, nothing happens. If you hide the Offset Paths effect, you can see the reverse path direction working fine. Seems like a bug?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qyesffmfhzowrir/Screen%20Cap%20Offset%20Paths%20error.mp4?dl=0

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?

Please do not use your Adobe ID and password.

Feedback and Knowledge Base