Remove the new Mocha popup window and sound when it's loading.
This "improvement" is annoying beyond belief, isn't needed, isn't wanted, and should be disabled immediately.
Christian McIntire commented
After Effect 22.4.0 (Build 56)
Windows 11 Pro
Device name MAC2020
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz
Installed RAM 64.0 GB
Device ID 9894074D-FB2E-4551-9C31-B9E6FF583C08
Product ID 00330-71432-78251-AAOEM
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display
64 gigs RAM, 52 available for AE
Memory cache is 180GB on a 222GB SSD drive
NVIDIA Game Ready Driver 512.77 released today
I've attached a video exhibiting the behavior in a new comp importing a ProRes 4444 video into the 16bpc project.
Paul Uusitalo (AE Quality Engineering) commented
Christian, we are not aware of any such behavior. This sounds like a bug of some sorts.
However this really doesn't give us any of the details we need to understand and solve your issue.
To get started debugging the issue, we need to know:
0. Which specific version of AE are you using (as shown in the "About After Effects" dialog)?
1. System Specs (Platform, OS, Hardware, GPU, Drivers, etc.).
2. AE Preferences settings (particularly Memory & Disc Cache settings).
3. Specific details about your Project and the Comp you are working with, things like —
Imported footage types (and resolution)
Project color bit depth
Number of layers
4. What are the exact steps you are taking from when you launch AE to when the issue occurs?
5. What errors or other feedback are you seeing?
Let's figure this out.