Update for preview bug when at aspect ratio 6x pixels in height
I am not the only one who is experiencing this. In version 18.4.1 of AE when you make a comp height size 64 pixels the comp goes black. No matter what you try it goes black. I installed an older version 17.5.0 and it works fine as it should. This has wasted so much of my time on a paid job for which I had to create a comp at 960x64 and it would not let me. What is worse is your so-called Technical experts told me that some ratios were not possible which was a lie as he didn;t know what he was doing.
We have been able to reproduce this issue and found two workarounds:
1. Disabling "Hardware Accelerate Composition, Footage, and Layer Panels" in Preferences > Display should allow the comps to render correctly.
2. The issue appears to be fixed in the latest Beta builds of After Effects (Beta) v22.1.
If you are able to try this out in the Beta to confirm the fix, please let us know if the issue appears fixed for you as well.
- John, After Effects Engineering Team
Thank you for reporting this issue. Unfortunately, we aren't able to reproduce the behavior you've described. Would you be able to provide a little more detail about your project settings and system? This will help us to determine the possible causes of the bug and hopefully reproduce it in-house.
- What OS and OS version are you using?
- What GPU and driver version do you have installed? ( if any )
- What are the project settings? E.g. GPU or software renderer, color depth, etc.
- Other than the 128x128 resolution, what are the composition settings? E.g. which 3D renderer is being used?
A screen recording or a link to a project file would be very helpful as well.
Thanks so much for any further information,
- Another John C, After Effects Engineering Team