Adobe After Effects is crashing in mac pro with big sur everytime i try to open new composition
after effects is crashing evrytime i try to open a new composition. ive tried un installing and re installing twice now . the problem persists. i am on big sur with a mac pro computer.
Paul Uusitalo (AE Quality Engineering) commented
Thank you for your report!
However this really doesn't give us any of the details we need to understand and solve your issue.
To get started debugging the problem, we need to know:
0. Which specific version of AE are you using (as shown in the "About After Effects" dialog)?
1. System Specs (Platform, OS, Hardware, GPU, Drivers, etc.).
2. AE Preferences settings (particularly Memory & Disc Cache settings).
3. Specific details about your Project and the Comp you are trying to render, things like —
Imported footage types (and resolution)
Project color bit depth
Number of layers
4. What are the exact steps you are taking from when you launch AE to when the issue occurs?
5. What errors or other feedback are you seeing?
6. How exactly does AE crash? Are you getting the Crash Reporter dialog? Are you submitting your crash reports to our crash reporter system? If so, how might I search for them?
7. Could you enable Logging (under the Help menu), restart AE, cause the crash to occur, restart AE again, go to "Reveal Log File" (under the Help menu), collect all the files in ALL the folders it opens (there may be many), zip them into an archive and attach them here?
This would really help us to get started with your issue.