Assertion (0) failed (DEBUG)
I have this error all the time! I can´t work. I did an entire project and now this happens all the time.
Thanks for posting this report.
Our devs looked at your screenshot, and this looks like a case where your GPU is running out of memory. Normally we expect After Effects to self-manage in this situation, or at least to give a better error message, so we do consider this a bug.
To diagnose this further, we need your help. We need more information about your hardware and how After Effects got into this situation. Could you please tell us:
- About your GPU. Manufacturer, model, VRAM, and driver version.
- Does the problem persist if you restart After Effects, or failing that, when you restart the computer?
- What other apps do you have running at the same time? Does the problem occur if you quit them all? (Including web browsers, which are notorious for consuming VRAM.)
Dhairya Satra commented
I'm having the same problem, please help
David Murakami commented
Happened to me with a 2080ti.
Not an extraordinary amount of layers/effects, but it seemed to happen at the same place each time. Extremely reproducible.
I moved on from it, so I can't post it, but if memory serves, I was using the C4D renderer with draft 3d enabled.
Helena Knoll commented
- My GPU is NVIDIA RTX 2060, vram 16gb, driver version 465.89
- I restarted After Effects and the computer a few times and the problem persisted. One day after that I tried one more time and it worked out. The problem didn´t happen again.
- At the same time it were running, chrome and illustrator.