[BUG] Roto-brush freezing errors
- Paint Roto-brush to good result
- Freezing produces different and wrong result
Thank you for filing this bug report. Sorry to see you aren't getting the desired result from Roto Brush.
In your workflow, did you scrub through your footage after rotoscoping the initial frame to confirm the propagated result before using Freeze? A typical use of Roto Brush usually goes as follows:
1. Create a selection with the Roto Brush tool in the Layer window.
2. Move forward and/or backward a few frames to see the rotoscoped result as the subject's shape or location changes in the scene.
3. Make additional correction strokes to add or remove parts of the result as needed. These strokes inform Roto Brush how to continue propagating the matte through the shot.
4. Once you've confirmed that the result throughout the shot is satisfactory, use Freeze to lock the matte in place.
5. Further refine the frozen matte with the controls in the Roto Brush effect.
Check out this great tutorial from notiansans for a more in-depth walkthrough: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xv_p_fzudM4
Please let us know if you still seeing different results with Freeze after you've confirmed the matte throughout the shot prior to freezing. A screen recording of the issue in progress would be ideal for getting the issue diagnosed. System specs and any problematic footage would be helpful as well.
Thanks for any further information,
- John, After Effects Engineering Team